2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You must have needed it. The 'powers that be' made sure she left her purse there so you'd have to go back for it & yarn!

It's just a shame that PTB had to use such a drastic measure to get her to go get the yarn she needed. :lol:lol:lol:lol

A skein of yarn caught me today before I could get out of Jo-Anns. Went in to find micron pens and a sketchbook. Found the pens, got to the register, and in my cart was this poor skein of yarn looking up at me with sad eyes, a tear hovering at the edge of the band. What could I do? I couldn't force the poor skein to roll back to the back of the store. What if the other skeins picked on it? teased it? What if the next person who found the skein treated it horrible?

I did the only thing I thought was responsible, I brought the poor skein home to live with me and the other hundred or so skeins that I've "adopted".

On another note...my eyes are almost back to normal! Was able to crochet by this evening without too much strain. :)

Awwww you are such a kind woman *nod nod* That poor lil skein needed you in its hour of darkness and you were there for it.

.... hooked through 1 ball and 1 skein tonight.... only 2 more skeins to get back to zero provided the PTB leave me alone!... daughter's purse is on the table so I'm safe on that front :)

A skein of yarn caught me today before I could get out of Jo-Anns. Went in to find micron pens and a sketchbook. Found the pens, got to the register, and in my cart was this poor skein of yarn looking up at me with sad eyes, a tear hovering at the edge of the band. What could I do? I couldn't force the poor skein to roll back to the back of the store. What if the other skeins picked on it? teased it? What if the next person who found the skein treated it horrible?

I did the only thing I thought was responsible, I brought the poor skein home to live with me and the other hundred or so skeins that I've "adopted".

On another note...my eyes are almost back to normal! Was able to crochet by this evening without too much strain. :)

I'm laughing so hard, I think I peed my pants!!!! :rofl:laughroll:rofl

Since I was at my mom's house again last night I was able to work on the project I leave there all the time (a 3sub). Worked my way through 1 ball. (Doesn't seem like much considering how long I crocheted...:lol) Ah well, at least this week is positive so far!!! :yes

Came really close to killing off 2 balls yesterday. I'll find something to do with those little bits, but what?

Wrennie, Check out the thread, Yo Yo's for Charity, in the Crochet for Charity section. That's what I do with my left over bits.:yarn

-Marzee

2011 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +1/YTD: +3

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2010 CAL

I'm happy to report that yet another person needed some spare skeins and scraps for her child's school activity, so I unloaded yet more stash. I'm really hoping this is going to make up for my shocking indiscretion at the LYS sale this week...

Do we gain points for donating yarn to other people? If we do.... be prepared for a huge positive score this week or next! :D:devil

Finished the little wings shawlette tonight. DIdn't have quite enough to finish the pattern as written but was able to finish a repeat so I think it looks good.

Yarn is Yarn Bee Enchantress..what a fun yarn to make something with!

post-35596-135897615433_thumb.jpg

post-35596-135897615436_thumb.jpg

Do we gain points for donating yarn to other people? If we do.... be prepared for a huge positive score this week or next! :D:devil

Yes we do!!! You get points no matter how yarn leaves your stash, whether it's crocheted, knitted, crafted, sold, given away, thrown away, or stolen.

By the way, I used another skein on my wrap, so WTD +8

Finished the little wings shawlette tonight. DIdn't have quite enough to finish the pattern as written but was able to finish a repeat so I think it looks good.

Yarn is Yarn Bee Enchantress..what a fun yarn to make something with!

Lovely!!! Thanks for sharing pictures!

Yay! busted 2 last night! Not the 2 I had left over yesterday 2 different ones. but 2 nevertheless. I better use up all of the tiny balls I have left before my box of yarn gets here from Rose Red :blush or I'll be shooting the moon! :eek:crocheting

finished a snuggle whle 'busting'. I'll get a pic. later.

Yes we do!!! You get points no matter how yarn leaves your stash, whether it's crocheted, knitted, crafted, sold, given away, thrown away, or stolen.

Oh, Lord, don't say STOLEN!!! It would be just my luck to have masked bandits make off with my stash! :rofl:rofl:rofl

Oh, Lord, don't say STOLEN!!! It would be just my luck to have masked bandits make off with my stash! :rofl:rofl:rofl

*cackles*

I think theft is about my only option to NOT shoot the moon this week LOL

2011 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +1 / YTD: +3

I busted a ball of pale yellow on a panel for the homeless blanket. No yo-yo's because I ran out on the round and continued with a similar colored skein. (No small bits left over.)

post-19794-13589761588_thumb.jpg

-Marzee

2011 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +1/YTD: +3

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2010 CAL

By the way, I used another skein on my wrap, so WTD +8

Man...I gave away the HUGE box of yarn a week too early! Gave my co-worker at least 40 points worth of stash! /cry

But I have a young cousin who's learning to crochet and he's loving it (he's 9) and so I'm going to go through my big bag of yarn that I haven't sorted yet and pull out some to send his way.

Ok - I'm back in! I wasn't going to until I started organizing my stash....and saw how bad it really is still. Actually started loading it into Ravelry - Have half in and am already at more than 36 miles of yarn. EEEEEK!!!!:eek

Ok - I'm back in! I wasn't going to until I started organizing my stash....and saw how bad it really is still. Actually started loading it into Ravelry - Have half in and am already at more than 36 miles of yarn. EEEEEK!!!!:eek

Added you to the list. Glad to see you back:), ready to use some of that stash!

:manyheart

Archived