2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

I think I understand the scoring and will try to keep up. Not sure if I'll be able to manage to update my sig every week though. My work schedule goes anywhere from 40 hours for several week, to 70 hrs/week for months at a time. After the first month of 70 hr weeks, I do not get any crocheting done. It's hard enough getting home and collapsing in bed each day.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Shoot the Moon" is the lucky person who purchased (or received) the most yarn during the week. The "reward" for achieving that enviable position is to keep score the next week.

And by received, it means the following: gifted, given, awarded, inherited, left mysteriously on your porch, dumped out of an airplane and it lands in your chimney, a semitruck from Hobby Lobby crashes into your house and adds to your stash, and any other ways that you can acquire yarn. :lol;):lol

Scorekeeping is easy. Welcome to all the new players.

:manyheart

I think I understand the scoring and will try to keep up. Not sure if I'll be able to manage to update my sig every week though. My work schedule goes anywhere from 40 hours for several week, to 70 hrs/week for months at a time. After the first month of 70 hr weeks, I do not get any crocheting done. It's hard enough getting home and collapsing in bed each day.

If you get to post for the week, that's fine. If you don't, just start the next week at 0 for your wtd and continue.

Life does get busy around here. We all just want to sit and crochet, but sometimes jobs, family, and housework get in the way.:)

Welcome to the group!

Sign me up for another year! Maybe 2011 will be the year I end with a positive YTD score! I couldn't go on without the support of my fellow yarnies! I just love y'all!

Glad to see you signed up again. Keep up the good work!:)

It's a fun game. You get to see who has been working hard, who has been just maintaining their stash, and those that find the clearance bins in every store in their county. :lol:lol:lol It's a lot of fun each week. Enjoy the game, everyone!:)

I'm joining in again for 2011. I want to try to organize my stash in the beginning of the year and get rid of the yarn I won't use.

When you figure out how to do this, please share with the rest of us how this is done. lol

So many times I've tried, but my stash runs all over me and won't let anything get accomplished.

I'm joining in again for 2011. I want to try to organize my stash in the beginning of the year and get rid of the yarn I won't use.

Never heard of the creature called 'yarn I won't use'. Didn't know there was such a thing. I'd be glad to adopt it :rofl

I 'organized' mine by weight, then a separate bag for each color family.

Count me in. I fell off my "busting" wagons last year (stash and WIP) and I was terrible at remembering to record anything. I'm hoping to have better luck this year!

Count me in. I fell off my "busting" wagons last year (stash and WIP) and I was terrible at remembering to record anything. I'm hoping to have better luck this year!

Added you to the list. Welcome to the group, JennyT.

It's a fun game. You get to see who has been working hard, who has been just maintaining their stash, and those that find the clearance bins in every store in their county. :lol:lol:lol It's a lot of fun each week. Enjoy the game, everyone!:)

Have you been sneaking around here watching me????? :lol:lol:lol :hook

I'm in for this year as well, when my DH notices that there is empty space in my yarn rack ,it must be working :hook

Then it's time to buy more YARN!!!!:lol:lol:lol

Please add me to the list. I have lots of yarn that I have at least stored the pattern I intend to use with it. But also lots of yarn bought on sale. Maybe this will help motivate me to get going.

Mona

Welcome to the group. It's good to see new people joining us this year.

another ?

quote;Scorekeeping

For every skein of yarn you use up, completely, you get 2 points.

For every skein of yarn you turn into a ball, you get 1 point.

For every ball of yarn you use, you get 1 point.

For every skein of yarn you buy, receive, or inherit, you lose 2 points.

For every ball of yarn you buy, receive or inherit, you lose 1 point.;end quote

What if I give some of my sash away? My coworker crochets, I've given her skeins and balls to finish projects when she runs short. Whats the pointage for that?

another ?

quote;Scorekeeping

For every skein of yarn you use up, completely, you get 2 points.

For every skein of yarn you turn into a ball, you get 1 point.

For every ball of yarn you use, you get 1 point.

For every skein of yarn you buy, receive, or inherit, you lose 2 points.

For every ball of yarn you buy, receive or inherit, you lose 1 point.;end quote

What if I give some of my sash away? My coworker crochets, I've given her skeins and balls to finish projects when she runs short. Whats the pointage for that?

If you give it away, sell it, use it up, it all counts. As long as it's gone, it counts on the same scale as above.

Good luck and enjoy stashbusting.

Please count me in for another year, I've enjoyed stashbusting this past year. Like others, I thought twice before heading to AC Moore or Michaels. I didn't post every week -- only when I had score changes -- but I read everyone's entries every week. See you in '11!

Please count me in for another year, I've enjoyed stashbusting this past year. Like others, I thought twice before heading to AC Moore or Michaels. I didn't post every week -- only when I had score changes -- but I read everyone's entries every week. See you in '11!

You're in! Glad you came back!

Archived