2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

I think I have just made the world's biggest Tam 'O Shanter :rofl but I busted that last skein that I wanted gone. :woo

So I started the week with that nasty -12 but I managed to finish 4 skeins for a +8 against that for my new total of...

This week -2

this year +0-

and besides... I like a hat with attitude. it reminds me of Dot's Owata Hat (which I love) :wlol

I edited my post as I did manage to finish that skein of blue Homespun.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well i finally figured out a project for some of the yarn that i picked up at the beginning of the week. and 2 skiens are already done towards it, but i think i'm going to have to buy more. i didn't realize that the skiens are only 2 1/2 oz. and i need 25 oz for the whole project, but it should be worth it.

i also finished another skien on the blanket. so i'm looking at a -36 for this week so far.

this week, I finished an afghan, a scarf, and used some scrap to make me some handwarmers.

so, +4 (4 colors used 6 ounces each, with remaining 2 oz. each wound into balls) for the week, and +10 ytd. did I even count that right?

Ladies it is so not my place to say this but we are supposed to make our totals visible if we want them counted in.

If you are not sure how to add the size and colour elements, we could help you with that. :ghug

We are so lucky that Beth is willing to do this for us we really should do our part to make her part easier. :yes

Well, I am at what my signature has said all week -

+1 WTD, and +1 YTD.

I actually am very happy with myself because I saw yarn at Michael's today for 70% off, and did not give in to temptation. Wish I could use up more yarn faster, though.

Didn't do too bad this week, was working on an afghan and managed to eek out +22 pts for the week. And I also managed to keep my hubby out of Michaels today, yahoo. He's afraid I won't have enough yarn to finish my ghan, but I said nope, wait to see if I do have enough before you buy more. Already edited my WTD YTD in my signature.

I managed to use up another ball of yarn on a pair of gloves I started.

WTD +3

YTD -17

Going to go ahead and post my score. I was hoping I'd get another skein done, but it doesn't look like I'm going to make it. Didn't get as much crocheting done today as I thought I would. I spent most of the day shopping with my Mom but at least I didn't buy anymore yarn! :lol

Only managed to use one more skein yesterday, so that brings my weekly score down to -30

well, I've gotten a lot done, but haven't finished much yarn....Howz that??:shrug I only finished 1 skein this week,,,,,guess its better than nothing. I finished a couple of projects --- but that's another CAL :lol:lol

WTD: +2 YTD: +6

Ok, I used 2 more skeins of yarn so that takes me from -22 to -18 then I was gifted 3 skeins of yarn so that puts me up to -24 so:

WTD: -24 YTD: -177

I guess I'll be shooting the moon again. I will get my score down a little though so when I get my other skeins of I Love This yarn it won't be over -200.

Julee

I didn't finish too many this week, even though I've been home all week recuperating. I "started" a lot of skeins...just haven't finished them all yet! Here's my score:

WTD=+4/YTD=+26

Have a great week!

Archived