2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

-6 today, and my score is probably going to go to **** in a handbag in the next two weeks because I just learned that I do not get to keep my job at Michaels:cry:cry:cry, so I'll be buying what I can while I still have the discount.

:hug :hug :hug I'll keep you in my thoughts for everything to get back on track for you!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
my problem is that for so long I always bought a skein of this and a skein of that but never enough to actually make a large something and most of my stash colors don't really go together.

I have exactly the same problem. I always got one or two skeins at a time or got a bunch of stuff as hand me downs. Now that I am a little better at crocheting I'm starting to make jackets and bigger things and I have to buy new yarn for it. But I have been thinking about making a scrap ripple jacket too.

Ok, I officially suck at stash busting. Crafts Ect. is having a sale and I Love This yarn is 2.09 and Red Heart SS is 1.87 so I couldn't resist. I bought enough to make a pink and white afghan, a dark blue/ light blue afghan and an RH Aran Fleck afghan. The pink and white afghan is for my 18 year old sister who is moving to montana at the end of the month for cosmetology school. I think I'll have to mail it to her though.

Anyways. I'm still gonna keep going with trying to stash bust but my problem is that for so long I always bought a skein of this and a skein of that but never enough to actually make a large something and most of my stash colors don't really go together. Oy, or maybe I'm just to picky.

Julee

Maybe if they are still whole skeins sell them or trade them? Or go to the stripe generator & make a VVS (vintage verticle stripe) blanket? I decided I will only keep a few girly colors on hand for charity but most of my colors will be those I will use for my kids, etc.

my problem is i have all single skeins of colors....not good for large projects. mostly leftovers from when i was working on the babette (still a ufo) so i am working on a few ideas in my head, but I also have some larger projects i want to make for this year and yarn shopping will be mandatory!! Just got to get this job going so i can have the $$ to go shopping!!

Graceylue...i'm so sorry to hear your losing your job. Hopefully you will be able to find another job in your area.

I am so sorry this has happened. :hug

I'll be praying for you:manyheart

Out of curiosity, what IS the discount?

Maybe if they are still whole skeins sell them or trade them? Or go to the stripe generator & make a VVS (vintage verticle stripe) blanket? I decided I will only keep a few girly colors on hand for charity but most of my colors will be those I will use for my kids, etc.

I did this before the first of the year... it was VERY refreshing to be down to only those skeins that I KNEW that I could use in large projects...

Well, it's looking good for this week. I blew through 2 skeins to finish my Shadow Jacket (although I'm not 100% thrilled with how it came out). I'm hoping to reduce another skein to a small ball if I can manage to finish the second sleeve of my snowflake sweater tonight...

is it possible to start a round robin box here on this cal?? or would it have to go through the official swaps? i think that would be fun.

Oh, I think this would be fun, but I think that Amy posted in another thread that we couldn't do it on the Ville, but were free to do it through someones blog.

I may have to stop all emails from Joann's and herschneers. (sp). Everytime I get an amail or a magazine from them I set and drool!!!!!!!!!LOL

Nothing wrong with drooling as long as you don't actually buy anything. I drool a lot.

I'm going to be joining this year. I started last year, then dropped out when my main computer went "Kasproing!" :thair Maybe I'll manage to stick with it this year. :hook

Used up two skeins making the cute little helmet hats from Crochet World's new issue. I've made about 7 so far for donations.

+4 more points this week.

:manyheart

A "box" of yarn (or anything really, but in this case it'd probably be yarns & threads) that is sent out, and when you receive it, you take what you want out of it to keep, but replace what you took...for example, you take 4 skeins of yarn, then you replace with at least 4 skeins of yarn from your stash. Then send the box to the next person in line to receive it. If we did this, we'd all probably send in yarn to put in the box, then draw names for the order in which the box is sent??

A "box" of yarn (or anything really, but in this case it'd probably be yarns & threads) that is sent out, and when you receive it, you take what you want out of it to keep, but replace what you took...for example, you take 4 skeins of yarn, then you replace with at least 4 skeins of yarn from your stash. Then send the box to the next person in line to receive it. If we did this, we'd all probably send in yarn to put in the box, then draw names for the order in which the box is sent??

That's a very cool idea!

I'm going to post my score tonight, since I probably won't be near the computer this weekend...

My score for the week is +6 and for the year is +13. :clap

Let's see how I do this weekend...I'm going to my sister's and she has a Joanne's, Michael's and A.C. Moore all in the same shopping center! :eek:lol

I'm finding that I really don't like posting when I don't have anything to report, but I have to get back into the habit. Not a terribly exciting crochet life at the moment as I still haven't finished that *%+! Christmas scarf. And now it's looking like I will run out before it's done and the boutique yarn shop doesn't have that color anymore. Probably good for me since it's $21.75 a skein. Sheesh! Oh, well. It will just have to be considered done when I run out. So there!:rant

I have learned a lot about making scarves working on it, though. Like avoid lace weight :lol

Anyway...

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: 0

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: 0

TeamVJGC

Archived