2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

Gee Holly, I hope you feel better soon :hug

I've finished up 2 more of those teeny tiny 50 gm balls for +4 and a total so far of +6 for the week...soon though I will probably start working on the pounders and boy will my score slow down then :yes

What is a pounder? Up here they don't sell anything other than 50 gr skeins.. When I visited London I could find 100 gr skeins, so cool!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't been able to do a single crochet related thing all this week. :(

I have a box all ready to be mailed out and it will destash me some but haven't been able to mail it either so I'm still sitting at 0.

My daughter is trying to go into pre term labor and I've been on guard with her trying to make sure she stays in bed like a good little patient. I am bound and determined to pick up my hook this evening though.

i finally finished the first skein in my pink toddler afghan of the sandman and i used up another skein of red heart soft in my abc afghan. 2 more rows of letters and then the border on the abc. i should have it done this weekend.

Used up some yellow making flower centers and will be (hopefully) using up more yarn completing the flowers for some chicken potholders for the county fair.

+2 for my score.

:manyheart

+1 for me...I started with a new skein of RHSS cream for a pair of legwarmers for DD...rolled the remainder into a ball.

Gonna start my January scarf tonight...maybe will get at least another 2 points by Saturday....

I wanna play too! :yay Better late than never right? :D I have these really big rubber-maid containers and well I can't fill all my yarn in them!:blush This should be fun:clap

:yarn

I'm so glad you are joining. You can be surprised on how much stash you have and how you can use it up.

Good luck.

:manyheart

And again I say...

And another one bites the dust...

I made up three hats using a gifted skein. I love finishing skeins. Totally makes my day

I have busted half of my negative points thus far.

Well my wrists are discussing this as I type but you know what I mean. :wlol

Ok, my 12 skeins of I Love This Yarn arrived a few days ago so that's -24 BUT I used 2 skeins over the past couple of days on a lapghan thing I'm making so that's +4.

So, let's see, my WTD is: -22

Julee

Used up 3 balls on a hat tonight and rolled another skein into a ball for the graph-ghan I'm working on. Should have balls finished from that one tomorrow if I work on it! :clap

+4 today!

:cheer I have a couple of those that I need to pick back up with a wip that I need to get to. I don't think that I will get them used though. Man. those pounders sure take a long time to get through!!!!:think

I finished off that pounder that I bought, so +2 back again! :cheer

Gee Holly, I hope you feel better soon :hug

I've finished up 2 more of those teeny tiny 50 gm balls for +4 and a total so far of +6 for the week...soon though I will probably start working on the pounders and boy will my score slow down then :yes

Thank you so much Tricia! I am feeling much better. I got so more done on my niece's baby blanket today...1 more skein! I've decide I'm going to finish it this weekend! :yes Then, I have to start making WUA rectangles! I have to make at least 49 by February 20 for our "Let's Warm Up America CAL". I've only made one so far! But, I'll get them done!

Have a great week!

Ok, I officially suck at stash busting. Crafts Ect. is having a sale and I Love This yarn is 2.09 and Red Heart SS is 1.87 so I couldn't resist. I bought enough to make a pink and white afghan, a dark blue/ light blue afghan and an RH Aran Fleck afghan. The pink and white afghan is for my 18 year old sister who is moving to montana at the end of the month for cosmetology school. I think I'll have to mail it to her though.

Anyways. I'm still gonna keep going with trying to stash bust but my problem is that for so long I always bought a skein of this and a skein of that but never enough to actually make a large something and most of my stash colors don't really go together. Oy, or maybe I'm just to picky.

Julee

-6 today, and my score is probably going to go to **** in a handbag in the next two weeks because I just learned that I do not get to keep my job at Michaels:cry:cry:cry, so I'll be buying what I can while I still have the discount.

I am so sorry this has happened. :hug

I'll be praying for you:manyheart

Archived