2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I got rid of my pink eyelash yarn...Not the way ya'll would think. I forgot to zip my crochet bag when I left for work & when I came home I had to follow the string of yarnSSS to DH office where my dog had a field day with not one but 3 skeins of yarn. I don't know how she didn't ruin anything I was working on, just managed to take apart 3 brand new skeins and toss them around. I was able to save 2 of the 3. the eyelash yarn is history. I had to cut it away from the other 2 - Vanna baby & Caron SS. I'm amazed I salvaged any of it, but it became the ultimate challenge. so I guess thats +2 since I threw it away - which puts me at 0 - that's the kinda week I've had.:lol:lol

I did pretty good this week. Used up a skein of cotton making a baby helmet (from Crochet World). I think that makes 8 for the week.

:manyheart

Well, I used up quite a few small skeins (6) plus one small ball, but bought two pounders at Joann's on Sunday and my mother gave me some of the small leftover balls from her project. But I still ended up positive, so that's all that matters. My score:

for week ending 1/17/09: +7

My year is off to a good start. Patty

I have to laugh about everyone complaining about how long it takes to get through pounders of WW yarn. I'm working on a 5 pound spool of very thin (8/4) yarn. I love it, though. It takes forever to get anything done, but the color and texture are wonderful.

My WTD is 0. I'm pretty sure it will be 0 next week, too, and I still won't be done with the tote I'm working on. My YTD is +14

I saw a post a while back about a traveling box, I was in one of those in a scrapbook forum once and one person started it with a big stash she wanted to donate and then we worked a shipping pattern to make then next address as close as possible to the mailer. Each succesive person took out what they wanted and put back what they could and then the person that started it got it back in the end and donated the whole box left that she didn't want to a charity/school. It was alot of fun. We limited the box size and weight for shipping purposes and limited time held at each address so it was wrapped up in about a month.

Well, I hit the thrift store this week and made a big score again.:blush Also frogged a hat (2 balls) and a baby blanket (4 balls).:think I gave two skeins away:clap and made three scarfs, finished a baby blanket and made a few squares and rectangles.:crocheting

WTD: -30 / YTD: -163

used 1 more skein on my afghan, but got one box of my incoming- balls of scrap homespun/boucle for a project i have

the result -14 wtd:eek

have started another surprize project so probably won't have any progress upwards today:blush

used 1 more skein on my afghan, but got one box of my incoming- balls of scrap homespun/boucle for a project i have

the result -14 wtd:eek

have started another surprize project so probably won't have any progress upwards today:blush

Darn those surprize projects! :hook

Well I'm going to go ahead and post too since I am working on a pounder and know I won't get any more points tonight. +10 for the week

May not get much done next week because we have visitors (ugh lol) but at least I'm still positive!

I couldn't get to the library to post since the 11th. I made a lot of heart pins. They work up fast, but use very little yarn. I'd forgotten how hard it is to work with sport weight yarn, bed spread cotton and a C hook. Rolled down the skein of red and used a small ball of cotton (+2) :clap. I might be making a twin (or larger) size afghan for a co-worker who asked about them, but I'm not sure if she's serious. To use up stash last year, I made 3 baby afghans. I finally sold one yesterday :cheer! I may be selling another soon :yay.

WTD Score: + 6

Ellie 13

I think I did pretty good this week. No money and too cold to go shopping also helps.

WTD=+16 YTD=+19

:manyheart

Archived