2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't get anything done on Fri. because I had to make pie and pasta salad for a pot luck. I left Sat. morning, and :crocheting during the trip. I didn't have access to a computer, so no posting. I'll add my points to this week. I'm trying to covert a teddy bear pattern into a monkey and used a ball (+ 1). :crocheting more on the way home and rolled a skein down (+1) :clap. I got home around 6 PM Sat. night (library closes at 5 PM). I found more in my stash that need to be rolled, so I rolled 2 mostly used skeins into :yarn (+ 2) :yay. The monkey pattern is not going well. If I can't get the nose and ears right, I'll make a teddy bear. I'm NOT frogging all my hard work!! I might give it up for awhile and make more heart pins.

WTD Score: + 4

Ellie 13

I forgot to post my score this morning because i ahd to go to deleware for the weekend and i didnt get back untill this afternoon. but my score hasnt changed since thursday any way sorry.

It's ok. Maybe next week. Lol. I plan on trying really hard to bust through alot of stash this week. I'm already down 2 points (or I guess +2 for the WTD).

Julee

Well, I'm posting late but I would have Shot The Moon last week.:eek Sorry I didn't post on time, CroJulee!:hug

I hit two yarn stores and three thrift stores and did a lot of damage to my totals probably for the year.:blush

To my credit, I did get two hats, three scarves and three 6x9 rectangles made, so I kept pretty busy. Also, I am almost done with a baby afghan that used four of the skeins I bought last week. :crocheting

I will attempt to keep better score during the week and get my totals posted on time. :yes

That said, my totals for last week were:

WTD: -150; YTD: -133

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Hey Graceylue,,,did you hit Michaels today??? I did,,,I only bought 1 skein of pink eyelash fun fur to do a scarf for one of the little girls at the daycare I work at. Luckily nothing else really grabbed me. Im so happy with my willpower! :clap:clap I was entirely TOO PRACTICAL today with ALL my shopping. so -2 for me ---- but I plan on getting a lot of crocheting done this week. :yes:yes I did a lot of yarn petting though. Just not a lot of buying :rofl:rofl

Thanks to all who shared their way of keeping track. Since I am on my computer a lot, I think I will try both the spreadsheet and updating my signature whenever there's a change. That should keep me straight.

Not much crocheting today in spite of sitting in front of the football game all aftrnoon. I think I frogged more than I produced - probably not paying enough attention!

i used half a skein and rolled the rest into a ball today! woohoo. but i'm not going to change my siggy yet because i plan on finishing that ball tomorrow to make the matching fingerless mit for my hubby :)

i've been knitting a baby blanket, so that yarn is taking much longer to go away :(

i have to have tremendous will power at my job as well. i work at a craft supply wholesaler. i box up the orders, go i get to touch lots and lots of yummy yarns. oh the temptations...

Hey Graceylue,,,did you hit Michaels today??? I did,,,I only bought 1 skein of pink eyelash fun fur to do a scarf for one of the little girls at the daycare I work at. Luckily nothing else really grabbed me. Im so happy with my willpower! :clap:clap I was entirely TOO PRACTICAL today with ALL my shopping. so -2 for me ---- but I plan on getting a lot of crocheting done this week. :yes:yes I did a lot of yarn petting though. Just not a lot of buying :rofl:rofl

I work there, far too much temptation for one girl to handle. I asked to go on my break today and one of the managers jokingly said no, "But I have yarn to pet!" They were amused.

Well... my daughter snagged a skein of sofftee chunky from me so that at least put me back in the postitive numbers! LOL

I'm also working on a shawl that will be using up a LOT of yarn. I'm doing it chenille thick & quick. I expect it to take at least 4.. maybe 5 skeins... So I should have some good totals this week :)

I used up a skein of Peaches and Cream for baby hats yesterday. +2, which is already double than last week's score.

:yay for a cute pattern out of Crochet World.

:manyheart

I can't believe it! I sat almost all day yesterday working on a flower motif afghan for my neighbor's daughter, who's birthday is next month. I actually used up 15 balls of yarn making the flowers! :eek

Maybe I'll actually be in the positive numbers this week! :hook

Yesterday afternoon, I finished 2 balls on the granny-ghan and then wound 3 more skeins for it into balls. So +5 for the week - which is a big deal for me! hehehe

:crocheting

Thanks to all who shared their way of keeping track. Since I am on my computer a lot, I think I will try both the spreadsheet and updating my signature whenever there's a change. That should keep me straight.

Not much crocheting today in spite of sitting in front of the football game all aftrnoon. I think I frogged more than I produced - probably not paying enough attention!

I did an inventory of my entire stash during my Christmas break, so I'll be keeping track of my stashbusting score in the same workbook (on a different sheet), and as I use stash, I'll adjust the totals in my inventory.

Just updated my siggy....

Busted 1 ball of gray on the new book cozie (+1)

Busted 1 ball of Strata on the old book cozie/purse wanna be (+1)

Rolled 1 2/3 skein of pink Vannas Choice into a ball (+1)

(will post pics later today...pressed for time!!)

+3 for the week so far....with 4 more balls in a WIP thats next to work on...so, not gonna be a bad week for me. :yay:cheer

Archived