2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

Well, I was having a very bad week. Someone called child services on me, and also on my SIL, and my other BIL. So we all had to deal with the allegations against us, completely unfounded, but all the same, it had to be investigated.

I have a venting thread floating around out there, no idea how to post the link or I would, just so you could see the details.

I was incredibly stressed, so I got out my M hook, and started whipping up scarfs, I have a very easy pattern that I kind of made up, that is basically a dc, 3 v sts, dc in each row, and I can work up a scarf in about 35 min. I have no idea what I am going to do with them, I think there is a charity on here for abuse victims, and I think in light of my recent adventures:blush, that would be a good place for them. :yes

Plus I work as a receptionist at a car dealership, and we are virtually dead in here all day, so I can crochet as much as I want.....and I worked 9 hours yesterday, so the scarfs just kept coming. :lol and since I use 2 strans each, and just go until I have used the whole skeins, the points added up easily.

and I needed the headband. :hook

not so easy today, I have to do a poncho for my aunt, who asked for one. (Don't mind doing it, but she asked me to use up some of my sensations classic, and it seems to take forever to use up a skein of that.) So I should have a ball tonight, I hope. lol. Maybe it will use at least one whole one. I am not real sure. Just winging this one, in a basic granny square stitch. :hook

My exhusband had a fondness of calling them people out on me. It stopped but it was hard all the same. I actually threatened to beat his behind and make sure it was worth me going to jail. I guess he thought I meant it. :lol It's been a few years now but from how my kids talk I wont doubt if it happens soon. They keep getting colds from their lil brother (the exs other kid) & they keep saying the lil bro gets it from them. :think My house isn't spotless but with 3 boys whose house would be? And if yours is all the time please come teach me the ways. Big hugs to you hun. :hug

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

need to get my hook flying

could not resist Herschners sale( from catalog) on RH Holiday, its so hard to find Christmas yarn

since i will be way negative when it get's here i may go back and get some Fiesta to use as borders as well , then i can spend the rest of the month trying to dig my way out!

+11 so far this week!

I'm working very hard on this 6 oz skein but it doesn't seem to be going any where fast. I'm still at 0 for the week. Yikes.!

:manyheart

:think My house isn't spotless but with 3 boys whose house would be? And if yours is all the time please come teach me the ways. Big hugs to you hun. :hug

Mine definently isnt spotless, but you can come in and not feel like you automatically want to leave again. We have a lot of those plastic totes in all our bedrooms for "organizing" :D mostly I throw all the toys in the boys, I have 2 in my room that are simply for the JUNK I find around the house that I don't have time to put away. I empty those out every Sunday night, put everything back where it is supposed to go. so I can fill them back up again.:lol but then I probably vaccum the house 3 or 4 times a day, seems the kids are always dropping stuff on the floor, and I mop the kitchen EVERY day. :yes So I try to stay on top of it most of the time.

If you get into the habbit of those kinds of things, it takes alot more for the house to become a mess, so in the long run, less cleaning. My mom was a clean freak when I was growing up, so I learned a few things. Beds dont have to be made, but the comforter has to be pulled up, and pillows back on the beds. silly stuff like that.

Takes about 15 minutes in the morning, and then a few spot checks throughout the day, but stays resonably (spelling?) easy to maintain.

ON ANOTHER TOPIC: I love that penguin!!!! He is so cute. To bad me and fun fur do not get along unless the hook is a k or up. :blush

I am not sur eI am going to crochet today. I am tired, and cranky. And I forgot my cotton at home, so all I have is fun fur with me at work, and that doesnt seem like fun. At least not today.

Can you make a blanket out of fun fur?? lol

I will be taking mom and dad to the doc today and to get their photo id's renewed. I am going to be working on a pencil scarf today and might just get a ball of yarn done in. I hope so any way. I would like to be in the ++++ by tomorrow night.

I have found the perfect way to use up those little balls of yarn that remain after making Project Linus blankets (where most of my crochet goes to). My friend was making a pet snuggle at my house on New Year's Eve for a local no-kill cat shelter, so I decided this week to make a couple to use up some of that leftover yarn. Those stinking balls roll all over the place and fall off the shelves and generally are a nuisance. And look, I've used up 14 of them this week on 2 little cat blankets! This may be the only week all year I'll end with a positive number in double digits, so I'd better enjoy while I can! :lol Patty

Well. My plans for the day have changed!! I am now going to get to sit today and crochet. I wonder how much I can get one on a couple of scarves a I wonder how many points I am going to be in the +++ by this evening!!!!!!LOL

Wish me luck! I'm going to Joanns to return a set of "knitting crochet hooks"(?). I think that's the word. It's two crochet hooks attached with a cord, just like circular knitting needles. I had been looking for an "afghan" hook, which I finally found at Hobby Lobby. I know I need 1 skein of a yarn for an afghan I've already bought the supplies for. I miscounted and came up 1 skein short. I'm gonna go ahead and get it while it's on sale. We'll see if anything else jumps in my basket! :hook

I don't expect to finish any of my pounders or 6/7 oz skeins but I have not added any either so I will be content with that. It will make 2 weeks in a row without a minus... doesn't take much to make me happy these days :wlol

it is not hard to do that when the kids are at school. However I have been diagnosed (self mind you) clinically insane as I let them all stay home from school today. And I need to get a scarf done for my oldest before he goes to his dads today. :lol

I swear no yarn buying today. I do want to start on my scrap afghan but figure I'll do that once I get all that yarn from Krystal....

Finally done with bonnet and sweater. Rolled the rest into a ball.

+1 so far.

Not much of a score this week, I'm afraid.

:manyheart

one more scarf down, so 2 skeind of FF, +4 so I am at +56 WTD. although this weekend may go slower, I am going to work on hubby's browns blanket, and all I use there are little balls. :( cause I rolled them sometime last year for this stupid thing, I dont even know what was waht before they were balls. so that will go slower. :)

Mayeb I will do another scarf or 2 before I go home at 6.

Can't do any tonight, the cavs play Boston tonight, and I can't miss that. :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

we have our craft meet tomorrow, so hopefully i can add at least a +1...gonna start my 2nd January scarf in Vanna's choice silver blue, and the bernat chunky cream color (its already a ball). Will probably finish the book cozie tonight or tomorrow morning, so that will be a +1 also...been slow this week crocheting cuz I GOTTA JOB, and have some preparing to do for it for a meeting on Monday & next Friday.

I have found the perfect way to use up those little balls of yarn that remain after making Project Linus blankets (where most of my crochet goes to). My friend was making a pet snuggle at my house on New Year's Eve for a local no-kill cat shelter, so I decided this week to make a couple to use up some of that leftover yarn. Those stinking balls roll all over the place and fall off the shelves and generally are a nuisance. And look, I've used up 14 of them this week on 2 little cat blankets! This may be the only week all year I'll end with a positive number in double digits, so I'd better enjoy while I can! :lol Patty

grand idea, is there a link? I have a couple local shelters I like to support

Hi All,

Since I'm not sure what my weekend internet access will be like...I'm going to post my score for the week...I finished half a skein of gold on my uncle's scarf and finally rolled it into a ball so I am finishing at

+7 for the week:cheer

Have a great weekend everyone!

Used up enough of my monster 14 oz skein of SnC to roll it into a ball (still, it's like a 6 oz ball) and I finished a ball on a scarf so +2. On the other hand I foolishly went into Joann... so 2 Big Balls of baby yarn followed me home (but it was on sale, and lonely, and homeless, so I took pity on it-- if only I could find homes for all of their brothers and sisters too...)

Anyhoo, -4 for that. :blush I am really, really bad at stashbusting!

Archived