2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

Used up enough of my monster 14 oz skein of SnC to roll it into a ball (still, it's like a 6 oz ball) and I finished a ball on a scarf so +2. On the other hand I foolishly went into Joann... so 2 Big Balls of baby yarn followed me home (but it was on sale, and lonely, and homeless, so I took pity on it-- if only I could find homes for all of their brothers and sisters too...)

Anyhoo, -4 for that. :blush I am really, really bad at stashbusting!

awww it's ok in the end you will use them, and find yourself doing Good!!!!! It's only the beginging of the year!!!!!!

We have forever to go!:cheer:cheer:cheer

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a bit more then half way through a second scarf for today and am calling it.... Well, on second thought after I pick up the skein, I don't think I have used enough to call it for today. It will make it tomorrow though!!!!!!LOL

I have been crocheting a lot this week, I think! I'm working on a babyblanket, and it's such a fun pattern. I'll post a link to my show-and-tell thread when I'm done. I've used a lot of yarn, and when I looked through my boxes of yarn I kind of thought it has shrunk a little too much, if you understand me.. I'm beginning to see that my two big boxes is not that much... Compared to a lot of you. Hehe. I'll have to tell DH about you guys and your yarn, then he won't think I have that much.. :P And then I'll have to buy some more! I'm still going to play this stashbusting game, because it's so much fun. ;)

I NEED to have some stashyarn around just to inspire me. :)

ONly 2 big boxes????? I think there are 7 fairly large rubbermaid type bins and about 8 of the XXL zip lock big storage bags and then a couple of smaller ones. OH.. There is just way to much. A couple of those bins have patterns and pattern books in them along with the yarn. If DH knew, I would be in so much trouble!!! I don't think he really has any idea.

I was doing so good... moving along at a slow but steady pace... Earned 2 points for using a skein of SNC. Have used alot of RHSS but not enough from any one skein to turn it into a ball... and then I agreed to test a pattern for someone and the pattern calls for a color that I don't have (or even a close substitute) so off to walmart to get ONE skein of RHSS... don't you know I walked out of that store with 4 skeins of yarn... :sigh

I have been crocheting a lot this week, I think! I'm working on a babyblanket, and it's such a fun pattern. I'll post a link to my show-and-tell thread when I'm done. I've used a lot of yarn, and when I looked through my boxes of yarn I kind of thought it has shrunk a little too much, if you understand me.. I'm beginning to see that my two big boxes is not that much... Compared to a lot of you. Hehe. I'll have to tell DH about you guys and your yarn, then he won't think I have that much.. :P And then I'll have to buy some more! I'm still going to play this stashbusting game, because it's so much fun. ;)

I NEED to have some stashyarn around just to inspire me. :)

yea, I used to feel bad about my two totes of yarn, not so much any more!!!:D

Well, I went to AC Moore today because last week the sock yarn there implored me to take it home and I didn't, and it's been calling my name ever since. It shut up once I got it home, so there goes my positive score this week.

I tell you, you just can't always listen to the yarn. The little temptresses!

I turned a skein into a ball working on a handbag so +1 for me. I also started the Ridge Swing Cardigan from the new Interweave today and it's going pretty fast so I should have those points for next week. Maybe I'll add a ball or two to my ripple tomorrow before the weekly score is due.

Thought I would show off a bit........... This is a Granny'ghan I made turning a skein to a ball... later using the ball for a scarf.

DCP02889.jpg

This is some scarves for Ann that used up balls of yarn adding to my score.....

DCP02888.jpg

:heart

:mug

Beautiful ghan and scarves!

I'll be using up more yarn tomorrow, so I won't post till tomorrow night :D .

Ok, I used up 1 skien of yarn today so that's +2. I won't tell anyone how many skeins I bought today until I've gone through a couple of them (by tomorrow evening hopefully).

I swear I do have plans for the yarn though (Shawl, More wristwarmers, scarf or two, pair of mittens).

Julee

Beautiful ghan and scarves!

I'll be using up more yarn tomorrow, so I won't post till tomorrow night :D .

Thank you very much! Appreciate the compliment!

I love the color effect in that 'ghan! Gorgeous! :hook

I thought the color effect was pretty cool too. This was made with yarn gifted to me by my Aunt. I can say that she gave me so much yarn at Thanksgiving... I havent bought a skein since. This is going to be great for my score until I run out...... :think

I was doing real good til last night. Was meeting a friend for dinner in what we call the Village (a bunch of little shops and restaurants). She called and said she was running late. Gee, a cute little yarn store is just a little walk up the road. Hmmm...:think

My feet could not help themselves. It was a nice night for a walk :gallery, so off my feet took me to Knit and Stitch. My brain was able to over power my hands urge to grab as many yarns as possible before running out to the store. I politely asked the yarn lady for only 2 skeins from the top bin - just enough to make a scarf (Utopia yarn is expensive, but oh, so soft!!)

After dinner, my friend and I took a walk thru the Village to see if there was a little "after dinner" type bar. There was! We really enjoyed it. It's name? The Utopia Lounge!!! Was this supposed to mean something? Should I have bought more yarn?? :shrug Guess we will never know.

WTD -1

I know I won't have time to get online later, so I'm going to post my weekly score now--

+20!!!

Yea, I know, seems impossible, but this is my best personal score ever. I don't think I once hit double digit positives in the 2007 stashbusting challenge. And they were all little balls of leftover yarn. I finished the second snuggle last night. So I'll be able to clean part of one shelf where I keep yarn and straighten things up a bit this afternoon now that all those annoying little balls are gone. Sure, there are still some left, but I'm feeling so good about starting the new year right, using up stash and cleaning up some messy areas. Yea me!

Patty

I was doing okay I was actually +1, then i went to Joann's and bought 4 skeins of yarn. Three are for a poncho that i am making for a friend. i was hoping to use up one before the weekend but i could not. here's my problem...i make a foundation chain of 36 with a 10mm needle. it's supposed to measure 20 inches. i measure after a few rows and it's only 13 inches or so. :think i know how to count, so it must be my tension. how loose do i make my chain without it falling apart?

anyway here's my score -7 WTD /-7 YTD

I am not going to be using up any balls or skeins today with anything that I am crocheting so I will post now so that I don't get busy and forget.

This week +0-

this year +2

Those are beautiful!!

Thought I would show off a bit........... This is a Granny'ghan I made turning a skein to a ball... later using the ball for a scarf.

DCP02889.jpg

This is some scarves for Ann that used up balls of yarn adding to my score.....

DCP02888.jpg

I would go up a size on my hook instead of trying to change your tension.

I was doing okay I was actually +1, then i went to Joann's and bought 4 skeins of yarn. Three are for a poncho that i am making for a friend. i was hoping to use up one before the weekend but i could not. here's my problem...i make a foundation chain of 36 with a 10mm needle. it's supposed to measure 20 inches. i measure after a few rows and it's only 13 inches or so. :think i know how to count, so it must be my tension. how loose do i make my chain without it falling apart?

anyway here's my score -7 WTD /-7 YTD

Ok, I used up another ball of yarn today for +1 point, added to yesterdays +2 that's +3. Now to the negative side: -18 points. Bought 9 skeins of yarn yesterday for some projects I'm working on and I really didn't have enough of the same yarn my projects. That would mean -16+ -26 + -54 (my ytd)= -96. But ladies, keep in mind that the day has really only begin so I can still knock off a few points.

WTD: -42 YTD: -96 (this will be updated later on today)

I swear though, no yarn buying for a while. I really, really, really, really, really wanna save up some money for a Toshiba, Sattelite L350 (laptop, YAY!!!).

Julee

Ok, Just got the mail and you know that 39 skiens of yarn I was telling ya'll about.

Well...... It's here. Bummer. It could have waited till monday couldn't it?

So that's WTD: -116 YTD: -170 (this is so totally embarassing).

This is just bad.

Julee

Archived