2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My score for the week:

WTD: -3

YTD: -2

I put one more ball on my scrap ripple and that will be all the crocheting I can do tonight. I started a big project yesterday so I will be getting six points by the time I finish it but... my boyfriend just gave me his credit card and said I could spend up to $100 on yarn!!! So I will be getting some more negative points soon. But I can't pass up an opportunity to have nice homespun sock yarn for the first time in my life. The most expensive yarn I have ever bought is probably Bernat Satin. And I deserve it after the last two years I have had, haha. It will get used up, trust me. But for now, I'm off to shop! Have a great weekend everyone!

Ok, I think I have the numbers down now. Could have been much worse, I restrained myself and only bought the skeins I needed for the one project I'm starting.

This week: -20 for the 10 skeins I bought today. But I used 2 half skeins finishing a kitty bed for a friend and a hat for my son. That would be +2.

WTD: -18 YTD: -14

I have a new project, a weight loss CAL, when it's done will show all the hard work that went into loosing the weight. And which, of course, required new yarn - I've resisted since before Christmas. So I guess I need to go update my totals. I'm kind of excited about the project tho.

I'm doing the same CAL :) I dread my score when I buy the rest of the yarn I'll need. I chose a pattern with a semi-scrappy look and I only have one of the colors in the brand of yarn I want to use... :sigh

Anyway... I still have some crocheting to do this evening but I doubt I'll use another ball so I'm posting now:

WTD -6/YTD -1

I'm almost done with two skeins of yarn but I doubt I'll finish either of them before midnight so WTD-12 YTD-11

I think my managers are trying to kill me. Today, one of my supervisors made sure to tell me that there was going to be a 70% off yarn sale next week. On my break when I was looking at all the yarn I can't buy, she and another manager came by, "Buying more yarn?" "70% off starting tomorrow."

And since everyone else is sharing.

NathansAfghanasofJan7resizedforforu.jpg

That's the afghan I'm working on.

I'm almost done with two skeins of yarn but I doubt I'll finish either of them before midnight so WTD-12 YTD-11

I think my managers are trying to kill me. Today, one of my supervisors made sure to tell me that there was going to be a 70% off yarn sale next week. On my break when I was looking at all the yarn I can't buy, she and another manager came by, "Buying more yarn?" "70% off starting tomorrow."

And since everyone else is sharing.

NathansAfghanasofJan7resizedforforu.jpg

That's the afghan I'm working on.

I love the pattern on the afghan...where could I find the pattern? Showed hubby and he really liked it. It looks like the grecian pattern on jewelry

Okay +1 more for balling up yet another giant skein of cotton that I've been using for market bags so I'm:

WTD -4 / YTD -2

Oh, and Graceylue-- your 'ghan is gorgeous!!!

This really confuses me. Of the 6 skeins I bought at JoAnn's last Sunday, I used 1 and returned 3 for a net of -4. Then all the yarn I had ordered last week came in, 10 skeins in all, for -24. And I bought another today for another -2, which takes me to -26 for the week. Since I did no significant crocheting since I used that one skein last Sunday, my WTD is -26. Then, since I started the week with +6, my YTD is -20.

WTD -26 YTD -20

Did I figure that right?

Yikes! I'd better get working!

Has anyone found an easy way to keep track during the week, besides just trying to remember everything I did with yarn that week? My memory's not so good.

I think it's only -24 :think. I keep track by coming in and changing my wtd score in my siggy everytime I buy or use up yarn and then make a post in here about. :D

:clap I managed to use up one more skein of yarn tonight...I wish all my skeins were 2oz like this one...:rofl, but I have a tendancy to buy the big or double skeins instead.:blush

So... WTD -17 / YTD -20

Archived