2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love the pattern on the afghan...where could I find the pattern? Showed hubby and he really liked it. It looks like the grecian pattern on jewelry

I found the pattern in a little afghan book called, "Our best AFGHANS A to Z", at wall mart. I'm not sure if they still have it there as it wasn't there last time I went but if you can't find it there I'm sure you could get it online somewhere.

Okay, My official end of the week score is:

WTD: -99 YTD: -153

I managed to burn through 6 skeins of Patons Twister, 1 skein of baby yarn, and 3 balls of yarn totalling: +17 points in my favor bringing my WTD down to -99.

Yay!! I plan on busting more stash this week.

Julee

ok my score for the week I used up the rest of my cotton yarn so that's a plus one and still have more to use so I'd say -12 hopefully I'll improve next week

Oh My!!!

I don't remember, are they large skeins or small skeins. You will have them worked through in no time I am sure!!!!!!!!!

They are smaller skeins (to small in my opinion). Only 47 yards I think. The yarn is quite lovely though.

Yes. I believe that if you gift out skeins you can count it as stash used!!!

Ooo, Cool Beans!! I'll be gaining some more points shortly then!!

Thanks for the answer!!

I found the pattern in a little afghan book called, "Our best AFGHANS A to Z", at wall mart. I'm not sure if they still have it there as it wasn't there last time I went but if you can't find it there I'm sure you could get it online somewhere.

I have that afghan book. There are alot of neat patterns in it and the pattern you're working on has caught my eye so many times.

Your afghan is looking beautiful by the way!!

Julee

I did a lot of stash busting & 'cleaning' of my stash. I had a few skeins that should have been balls but where not so I made them into balls. I used up a lot of balls making squares for people.

skeins to balls: 7 (7)

balls: 20 (20)

whole skeins used: 7 (14)

whole skeins bought: 5 (10)

week total: +31

wtd: +31 | ytd: +34

Thought I would show off a bit........... This is a Granny'ghan I made turning a skein to a ball... later using the ball for a scarf.

DCP02889.jpg

This is some scarves for Ann that used up balls of yarn adding to my score.....

DCP02888.jpg

:heart

:mug

I do love them. I do wonder if it is the coffee fueling you dear Tammy!

Has anyone found an easy way to keep track during the week, besides just trying to remember everything I did with yarn that week? My memory's not so good.

I have a weekly planner thing I bought at the dollar store. I write down for each day what I use & all. At the end of the day I figure out my total for that day. Then add it up all at the end of the week.

Has anyone found an easy way to keep track during the week, besides just trying to remember everything I did with yarn that week? My memory's not so good.

I have easy access to my computer, so I just update my signature at the end of the day... or sometimes a few times a day. But you could try making tic marks in a notebook... just keep with your project(s) you are working on.

+52 meganb GOLD MEDAL

+31 Jessicagil SILVER MEDAL

+30 jeannie1205 BRONZE MEDAL

+20 DesertCrocheter

+19 teakaycee

+13 lhapsaapsolady

+12 basjordan

+11 aphelia

+11 dragonpuck

+11 Legalwoman17

+10 KellyA

+8 debra way

+8 jura2908

+7 jollyrancher418

+7 tricia

+6 jammerholly

+5 dilyca2006

+5 Krazy-Kitty

+5 Lady of Roses

+5 mar3185

+5 Wendy Sue

+4 130chris

+4 angelfire

+4 Ashley 3121

+4 Ellie13

+3 BeasteezGurl

+3 PBLKNP

+2 Barreira

+2 CyM

+2 Isabel

+2 pineknott

+1 AmethystMist

+1 CLLinda

+1 NeedleArts

0 darski

0 Minerva76

0 rddugan

0 unicorn37757

-1 alwayscrafting

-1 ropergirl3

-1 walker 1021

-3 Jain

-3 RainbowBrite

-4 allieliz

-4 goofy

-4 JennyBunny

-4 lilmiss

-6 almoreland

-6 cthulhu

-6 Tia

-7 gbabesmom

-7 kel

-12 fc1123

-12 Graceylue

-16 hseger

-17 Braxxi

-18 OwlEyez

-20 morna

-26 Mollyanna

-46 Jempast

-99 CroJulee SHOOT THE MOON

I do love them. I do wonder if it is the coffee fueling you dear Tammy!.

awwww... thanks Jessica!!!

coffee? where's coffee..........:coffee

Woo Hoo!!!

Umm. This has got to be an awful lot for you to keep track of!!!!!!!!

Thanks for doing it!!!!

+52 meganb GOLD MEDAL

+30 jeannie1205 BRONZE MEDAL

+20 DesertCrocheter

+19 teakaycee

+13 lhapsaapsolady

+12 basjordan

+11 aphelia

+11 dragonpuck

+11 Legalwoman17

+10 KellyA

+8 debra way

+8 jura2908

+7 jollyrancher418

+7 tricia

+6 jammerholly

+5 dilyca2006

+5 Krazy-Kitty

+5 Lady of Roses

+5 mar3185

+5 Wendy Sue

+4 130chris

+4 angelfire

+4 Ashley 3121

+4 Ellie13

+3 BeasteezGurl

+3 PBLKNP

+2 Barreira

+2 CyM

+2 Isabel

+2 pineknott

+1 AmethystMist

+1 CLLinda

+1 NeedleArts

0 darski

0 Minerva76

0 rddugan

0 unicorn37757

-1 alwayscrafting

-1 ropergirl3

-1 walker 1021

-3 Jain

-3 RainbowBrite

-4 allieliz

-4 goofy

-4 JennyBunny

-4 lilmiss

-6 almoreland

-6 cthulhu

-6 Tia

-7 gbabesmom

-7 kel

-12 fc1123

-12 Graceylue

-16 hseger

-17 Braxxi

-18 OwlEyez

-20 morna

-26 Mollyanna

-46 Jempast

-99 CroJulee SHOOT THE MOON

Forgot to come in and post my score but I see you got it. Looks like I have alot of room for improvement. This week should be better as I have no reason to buy any yarn. :)

This is depressing :sigh Joann with pounders on sale (i so much like that yarn better than rhss) and Michaels starting another great sale this week....

Everybody that has posted their work - it is just great looking! I was so busy yesterday & not online much, and you all went through 10 pages of posts!!!

Teakaycee...your purple granny is gorgeous!! & love your scarves

(can't remember who posted them from Norway) but I love those fuzzy slippers!! & the baby blanket is beautiful!!

Graceylue...that afghan looks complicated, but your doing wonderful!!

I didn't get anything completed enough to post a pic but should have a couple things done today...so pics by tomorrow maybe.

my final score for this week is +4. I think this is how it is supposed to be. I used 4 skiens up completely this week. If I am not doing this right, someone please tell me!

if you used 4 skeins your score is +8

if you used 4 balls your score is +4

2 points for USING a skein, 1 point for Using a ball

this game is positive for using and negative for getting more since we are trying to reduce our stash size!!!!

This really confuses me. Of the 6 skeins I bought at JoAnn's last Sunday, I used 1 and returned 3 for a net of -4. Then all the yarn I had ordered last week came in, 10 skeins in all, for -24. And I bought another today for another -2, which takes me to -26 for the week. Since I did no significant crocheting since I used that one skein last Sunday, my WTD is -26. Then, since I started the week with +6, my YTD is -20.

WTD -26 YTD -20

Did I figure that right?

Yikes! I'd better get working!

Mollyanna ~ When I started doing this CAL in 2008, I just kept a tally of skeins used and bought in a notebook. Then someone shared with us how they were keeping score in an excel spreadsheet. This is how I have been doing it ever since.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1097787&highlight=spreadsheet#post1097787

It is post # 639 for last year's stashbusting CAL. I hope this helps.

Well, I'm posting late but I would have Shot The Moon last week.:eek Sorry I didn't post on time, CroJulee!:hug

I hit two yarn stores and three thrift stores and did a lot of damage to my totals probably for the year.:blush

To my credit, I did get two hats, three scarves and three 6x9 rectangles made, so I kept pretty busy. Also, I am almost done with a baby afghan that used four of the skeins I bought last week. :crocheting

I will attempt to keep better score during the week and get my totals posted on time. :yes

That said, my totals for last week were:

WTD: -150; YTD: -133

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Mollyanna ~ When I started doing this CAL in 2008, I just kept a tally of skeins used and bought in a notebook. Then someone shared with us how they were keeping score in an excel spreadsheet. This is how I have been doing it ever since.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1097787&highlight=spreadsheet#post1097787

It is post # 639 for last year's stashbusting CAL. I hope this helps.

wow that seems like a lot of work

i just keep a "post-it" pad by my chair and log points as i use yarn=

when i get to the computer i add what i've used to my sig:hook

when i buy yarn i figure it and change the score in my sig!:(

awwww... thanks Jessica!!!

coffee? where's coffee..........:coffee

I do think to some degree you'd be like a kid in a candy store if you went to a coffee factory.... But I could be wrong. :lol

This probably won't hap[pen again. Esp since JoAnns have plans on constant sales for a few month. Nice huh? Gotta love knowing the store manager of our local one.

Archived