2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was so good. I had two skeins in my cart at the local Hancock and walked away. Don't want to start the year on a negative number.

WTD=+2 YTD=+2

:manyheart

WTD: -60 Points YTD: -60 points

Ok, Well.... went to walmart yesterday and the dollar store and the dollar store had yarn and so did walmart soooooo..... ummmmm..... I'm happy (ashamed?) to say that I purchased 33 skeins of yarn yesterday (20 of which were from the dollar store). So that means 66 points. This morning I used 2 skiens of yarn though so that's 66-4 points= 62 points- 2 points=-60 points.

Good news though, I have plans for 6 of those skeins. Anyways, Not a very good start for a new year. Everytime I picked up a skein of yarn I was like "that's -2, that's -4, that's -6". Oy, Talk about a guilty concious (sp?).

WTD -60 / YTD -60

Good news though, I have plans for 6 of those skeins. Anyways, Not a very good start for a new year. Everytime I picked up a skein of yarn I was like "that's -2, that's -4, that's -6". Oy, Talk about a guilty conscience (sp?).

WTD -60 / YTD -60

I have to admit that last week I sat looking at my Mary Maxim catalog and drooled over a couple of ghan patterns. I was saved by the fact that one used Caron Simply soft :yuck but for the other one... I sat here and in a loud voice said to myself, "No yarn for you! Do not do it!" and I could see myself trying to post on the Saturday after the order arrived. :(

So instead I ordered an afghan book that will help me to use up the yarn instead of buying it. :yay But I can still see that cat afghan in my hearts eye and I want it :cry

ok... I'm better now :wlol

I have to admit that last week I sat looking at my Mary Maxim catalog and drooled over a couple of ghan patterns. I was saved by the fact that one used Caron Simply soft :yuck but for the other one... I sat here and in a loud voice said to myself, "No yarn for you! Do not do it!" and I could see myself trying to post on the Saturday after the order arrived. :(

So instead I ordered an afghan book that will help me to use up the yarn instead of buying it. :yay But I can still see that cat afghan in my hearts eye and I want it :cry

ok... I'm better now :wlol

I was trying to tell myself that I didn't need the yarn but everytime I touched the yarn it was like talking to a wall. Ohh, and then when I saw the yarn at the dollar store I justified the purchase by all the money I was saving.

Hi, I'm Julee and I'm a yarn addict.

WTD +4 / YTD +4

I'm working on a pair of slippers right now, just to use up some wool I have had for months.. :P They are not very pretty.. weird colours + they haven't been felted yet. But a fun project, I can't seem to do ANYTHING else before I finish them. Oh, well, you know, nothing else than checking this thead. :P No way I can go to bed yet. ;) (the clock is 12.30 here in Norway, but it's too soon anyway.. It's saturday! :D)

Whew................. Okay... we went on vacation for Christmas and of course I took a basket of yarn. They were all balls of yarn made it easy that way to just play with all kinds of colors for whatever struck me to make.

Well............ I managed to use up 8 balls of yarn ... making scarves..beanies... stuffed animal clothes... and coffee cup coat. :yay

So......... am I correct with........... WTD: +8

:heart

:mug

Hmmm...my DH told me that I have to ask this...

If I ordered yarn that was supposed to be here before the 1st but just got here today, am I supposed to count it or not? :think

I ordered 3 skeins of fingering yarn to finish the hat bags my daughter wants to give away for her b-day party and they finally arrived today

Sometimes DH should just be left in the dark about some things...:rofl HE thinks I should have to count all the yarn I already have!

I was also wondering if we are allowed to count scrap yarn when we make scrapghans...maybe so many scraps/motifs per point?

Only used one ball of yarn this week, working on my boyfriend's afghan. Though I was REALLY good today and managed to resist the last day of the yarn sale at work, even though I spent about half an hour in the yarn section helping a customer and looking at all the pretty yarns and feeling how soft they all were... it was hard but I managed not to buy anything.:yay

WTD +1 YTD +1

WTD: +1

Woo hoo! And it was a big one, too, 2/3 of a skein of Bernat Handicrafter cotton (I made myself a kitchen rug). So I'm starting off the year right!

But I also have a gift certificate to a LYS that I should have used before Christmas had I realized I was going to do this CAL. Now I'll have to 'fess up when I use it. But I'm going to buy some nice yarn for something for me with it. So th eminus points will be worth it! Patty

Hmmm...my DH told me that I have to ask this...

If I ordered yarn that was supposed to be here before the 1st but just got here today, am I supposed to count it or not? :think

I ordered 3 skeins of fingering yarn to finish the hat bags my daughter wants to give away for her b-day party and they finally arrived today

Sometimes DH should just be left in the dark about some things...:rofl HE thinks I should have to count all the yarn I already have!

I was also wondering if we are allowed to count scrap yarn when we make scrapghans...maybe so many scraps/motifs per point?

We've always done it that you count it when you get it. :yes

As for counting your stash - Oh MY! None of us would want to do THAT job! :no :no We only count what we use and/or buy... it helps us to know if we're depleting our stash or building it.

As for scrapghans, you count each ball of scrap yarn that you finish as +1 point. If you don't finish it and throw it back in the bag, it counts for nothing. If you finish an entire skein (not a ball), you get +2.

I was going through my stash to see if I had enough of a certain yarn for a project and I came across some alpaca/silk that I got at MM's for a screaming deal. So I petted it for a while, stroked it against my cheek and then I put it away. The whole time I was thinking-- if I make something out now of this I won't have it later. And I justified it by saying I didn't have just the "perfect" pattern for it. Is it just me or does that sound a little like true addiction-- not just the "addiction" we all joke about? Not like my yarn collecting is causing my life to fall apart-- but it did get me to thinking.

I went to Michaels! :blush And accidentally found yarn on sale. :devil

So my score is -18. :eek

Oh but I have plans for those skeins of yarn. I hope to even my score this month!

WTD: -18

Finished another RH skein today working on a UFO baby afghan so that brings my score for this week to

+4 wtd +4 ytd

:cheer:cheer:cheer Yah! I actually finished in the postitive! In spite of the fact that my DH offered to take me shopping at Hobby Lobby today. I actually resisted!

Thanks for the clarification on what counts and when! :D

I finished a hat today that took a skein of yarn, so that would give me +3, but counting the 3 skeins of yarn I got today, then I'm back to:

WTD -3

YTD -3

My WTD is +2. My YTD is +2.

I can't believe I have used 2 whole skeins...its been awhile since my hook has been so busy!

Though I was REALLY good today and managed to resist the last day of the yarn sale at work, even though I spent about half an hour in the yarn section helping a customer and looking at all the pretty yarns and feeling how soft they all were... it was hard but I managed not to buy anything.:yay

Gracey....do you WORK at a Michaels or a Joanns?????

:eek OMG :think I do not think I would be able to do that....

there's the yarn section (which would just be the end of me :rofl ), and, and, the scrapbooking section, and, and, the Wilton section, and, and, the bead section, and, and, all the pattern books, and, and, the notions section...

....we'd have to have an agreement that I'm not allowed to spend more than a certain % of my pay or something, otherwise I'd be sitting in the dark starving, and stitching blankets to keep warm. :yes:blush

Yeah I work at Michaels. It gets really bad, like to the point of, "Wow, this sure is a nice pay check. Here you go, I'm going shopping."

It was bad enough before I started working there and I thought all Michaels had was yarn, my first night at work had to go around the entire store straightening up :2eek "WE HAVE THOSE?!?! I WANT ONE OF THOSE, AND ONE OF THOSE, AND ONE OF THOSE, AND SIX OF THOSE AND...":oops

My bank account hurts.

Okay ladies...I've done some serious stashbusting since Thursday! :hook I've been working on an afghan using two strands of yarn with an "N" hook. :crocheting I've been off since Thursday from work, and I have a goal of completing this afghan before Monday. I haven't done much except crochet & watch TV. I almost bought some yarn online today...but I resisted. However, tomorrow is another day! :devil

WTD=+16 YTD=+16

Archived