2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

Okay - this is not going well I used up yarn but forgot to post my score on Saturday LOL!! I used up one skein making a hat, turned another skein into a ball after finishing a scarf, turned another skein into a ball after finishing a hat, and used 4 balls making 6x9 rectangles so my score on Saturday should have been +8 right???

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished off a ball of thread making a "new home" set of doilies for my grandmother. +2

Yeah!!

With being currently unemployed, maybe I can finish up some projects, gain back my points, and tackle the WIPs.

Hi,

If you didn't post your scores on time to be included this week, just carry the total to Saturday, and post it all then. That way, you get credit for what you did, just a little late. Does that sound OK?

Thanks,

Beth

Hi Everyone...sorry I didn't post on Saturday, but I lost my internet this weekend :(. I babysat my 2 nephews :clap so didn't get any crocheting done on Saturday...so my score would have been 0 anyway :2blush .

I have been good and have stayed away from all yarn stores and the loss of the internet kept me from ordering from online stores (so maybe that's a good thing that I lost connectivity??) :goodorbad

I am a slow crocheter and have been working on a scarf for my Uncle all weekend...am proud to say that I have used up 2 balls of yarn so far (gotta love the itty bitty skeins) so my score for this week is +4 :yay.

I'm so proud of me,went to the stores and came home yarnless,that never happens

I always see yarn that needs a good home.

:eek What!!! No yarn?? You should get extra points for that one!!

Maybe if there were a points catagory for amazing willpower...

I was supposed to check in on Fri. but I was so :sick, I didn't go to work and didn't feel like :crocheting. My parents came on Christmas, and my mom admired my pot holders. I got the feeling she wanted some, so Sat. I went to Boston. I used a ball making shamrock pins on the bus ride (+1) :cheer. I got 4 skeins Sugar and Cream Cotton (- 8) :(. I've finished 3 pot holders and am 1/2 way through the 4th, so I used 3 1/2 skeins so far (+7) :cheer. I found some red yarn in my stash and I'm going to make Valentine pins next. I hope to get some points by Sat.

WTD Score: 0

Ellie 13

Well, I knew it! i went to get the plumbing pieces for my sink today, and just HAD to stop by Hobby Lobby and Michael's (since I don't get to "the city" often).:lol

As most of you know, Michael's had different yarns on sale, so that really killed me...15 skeins! Most of which was sock yarn 1/2 off!

Then I got 2 balls of size 3 thread at HL...for a total of 17!

:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn

Yesterday and today's yarn use...

Made 2 balls = +2

Used a ball = +1

which brings my totals to ....

+7 WTD / +15 YTD :yay

This is funny too... I have been crocheting alot.. but the items havent used up enough each. Oh well... +3 is better than -3

:heart

:mug

Well, not that it is unusual for me to forget to post, but due to illness, I forgot to post last week. However, I didn't buy any yarn, or use enough to score. Hopefully next week!

Okay...I resisted! I was at WalMart, and I had the yarn in my hands!! And I put it back.... :yes

It's hard though. Joanns is still having their yarn sale, and I almost stopped there today!! I hope the sale ends soon!

+2 I gave my mom a cone of cotton yarn (she's making a biffer shrug and poor thing has no stash or cotton so i shared)

+1 finished the ball from last week completing dd's scarf

:yay

Ok, I got some yarn in the mail today (14 skiens) so that's negative -28 points. But I did use a skein of Mary Maxim Best Value today (LOVE THAT YARN) and I'm almost through with another one. I also used a skein of cotton up yesterday. So -28+4=-22 is my WTD so far but I have more yarn coming in.

WTD=-22

Krystal, are you a yarn enabler?

Used up a skein of RH Aztec on half a scarf and can't seem to find the second skein to make the other half of the scarf... :think I could have sworn it was in the mountain of yarn near my bed... well, I may have to do some excavating!

well i was bad and visited micheals because after lurking on these boards for a few vacation days i decided to try my hand at filet and tating.

-26 to my total, which brings me to a total of -20.

boy i'm glad i started to crochet early this year, otherwise i'd never catch up. :)

I did some crocheting with double strands and small skeins. I used one completely and intend to finish the second one tonight, but for now, my WTD is +8, and my YTD is +10. Love those 50 gram skeins and lazy days.

*ahem* Really? 14 skeins?

Yeah, I ordered them a couple of weeks ago though. Most of it's pink so I couldn't resist.

I plan on using it up pretty quickly though.

Julee

p.s. I'm a little ashamed but at the same time not. I'm an almost unashamed yarn junkie.

Archived