2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

Ok,,,I really need to join this CAL-- again... I tried last year, but then life got in the way & totally slacked off... still crocheted & lurked around, but didn't post much. I now have so much stash DH is ready to put an extension on the house. This is just what I need right now. I have lots of projects to work on too....Twin nieces coming in March:clap:clap:clap:clap Good to be back.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love your idea, really, and am with you in spirit! I can't seem to keep track of numbers (I know, I'm probably in denial) - but at least I did organize my stash and WIP's and my husband put together a set of shelves for me to store my bins on. I am winding some balls, too, but I think my focus is not too have too many WIPs going on!

Good luck everyone and Happy New Year!!!

deb

I would love to join this! I have not read all of the postings yet. But I made a resolution to crochet more and buy less because I have so much yarn. Hubby even found my secret stash:eek:blush I did not know I had so much:think. Am I correct in saying that I calculate points every week or can I update as I use or add to stash ?

*ahem* Really? 14 skeins?

Oh, I just got this. Totally missed the jist of your post. Haven't recieved the yarn from you, or crafts ect, or the 40 skeins of twister yet.

Julee

I would love to join this! I have not read all of the postings yet. But I made a resolution to crochet more and buy less because I have so much yarn. Hubby even found my secret stash:eek:blush I did not know I had so much:think. Am I correct in saying that I calculate points every week or can I update as I use or add to stash ?

You can update your signature as you go along if you like to do that or post only once a week. The important part is to give your final total on Saturday by midnight.

I prefer to only post a weekly score rather than daily updates but that is just because I try to keep things as simple as possible. My brain goes on vacation without me if I try to use it too often. :rofl

I just found a way to use up the random balls of Sugar'n Cream yarn I have lying around! Crochet Sponges I have four of these down and I think I can still get one more out of that tiny ball.... ARG!!! That ball never ends. Oh Well, at least I have it 3/4ths of the way down.

Used a ball of RH Symphony (+1) to make half a scarf. I expect to finish the scarf and another half a skien today. Here's hoping I have time.

Good morning...............

Well.... I didnt use up enough stash yesterday to make a count.. but I am working on a few things today.. one being a scarf for the 12 scarves of 2009 Cal. So that will take care of that Cal and use a skein of yarn for this Cal. :hook

I have Granny Squares to make for Charities and Swap commitments... so I'm looking at being able to get some more stash busted.

I do need to go get a new fresh skein of Pink yarn to make my Grandma-in-law a shawl. I'm going to use RoseRed's awareness ribbon shawl pattern. Grandma is a breast cancer survivor. And if I'm not mistaken.. her birthday is next month... so that shawl would be a great gift. So I'll buy the skein... but use it up right away. :yes

Okay... off to work... need to bust this stash and get some projects going!!

Have a GREAT day everyone!!!

:cheerGo StashBusters!!!:cheer

:heart

:mug

Somedays I never get to crochet because of work and the busy-ness of life, etc...and thats dangerous because when I am not busy making something, I am busy buying more yarn for projects "I fully intend on doing....someday!". LOL

Luckily I have been able to crochet more than usual so I am using up the stash - but then I get worried that I will run out so I want to buy more again. Self inflicted Catch-22!!!:eek

I bought 6 skeins (-12 points), then went home and rolled 3 of those skeins into balls (+3). My score was +4, so that now gives me a -5 WTD, is that correct? New to the game, just making sure I am doing it right!

I prefer to only post a weekly score rather than daily updates but that is just because I try to keep things as simple as possible. My brain goes on vacation without me if I try to use it too often. :rofl

Isn't that the truth darski? lol!

kiwi-:heart those sponges!

Somedays I never get to crochet because of work and the busy-ness of life, etc...and thats dangerous because when I am not busy making something, I am busy buying more yarn for projects "I fully intend on doing....someday!". LOL

Luckily I have been able to crochet more than usual so I am using up the stash - but then I get worried that I will run out so I want to buy more again. Self inflicted Catch-22!!!:eek

I bought 6 skeins (-12 points), then went home and rolled 3 of those skeins into balls (+3). My score was +4, so that now gives me a -5 WTD, is that correct? New to the game, just making sure I am doing it right!

That looks good to me. :cheerDid you remember to reset your WTD score on Sunday to 0 though?

I got 3 skeins of yarn gifted to me today :yay for the yarn :( for the negative points :lol

-6 to start my week.

Tomorrow I'll have to go to HL and hopefully buy just 1 skein of yarn with my coupon. I need to start getting the yarn for a quilt I'm going to do but don't want or need to get it all at once just yet so thought I'd get it slowly with my coupons till I'm ready to work on it. :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by kel viewpost.gif

"" Somedays I never get to crochet because of work and the busy-ness of life, etc...and thats dangerous because when I am not busy making something, I am busy buying more yarn for projects "I fully intend on doing....someday!". LOL

That looks good to me. :cheerDid you remember to reset your WTD score on Sunday to 0 though? ""quote

OK now i am confused-:think i thought we had to USE enough of a skein that it needed to be rolled in order to prevent tangling and that was a +1 if all we have to to is just roll any:?:? skein into a ball -i can be +100 real soon

or maybe i am reading this wrong- not enough sleep last nite for sure!

Help:eek

Yes that is my understanding...you buy (or are given) an entire skein of yarn...-2...then you use part of that skein and roll the rest of it into a ball....+1. Later when you finish that ball...another +1. For a total of +2 for that skein, which offsets the -2 from when you bought it.

Bottom line: -2 when you get it and +2 when it is all used.

Yah gotta give a girl points for trying but just "playing with doesn't use up any points. (darn! )

You actually have to make something with the yarn to count it as used.

Oh there have been so many posts here since I was last on Saturday morning. Have been having trouble accessing the site since Saturday afternoon. It feels to good to be back.

There are just to many posts since then to cautch up on. I wonder if I can.

Had a dental appointment this morning and was within two blocks of both Michael's and JoAnne's. Didn't go to either. Then on the way home I stopped at a smaller craft store that I like. Nothing on sale that appealed to me. Saw a couple new colors that I liked but I resisted. I'm so proud of myself. :clap :clap :clap

Yep. It actually needs to be made into something. Not just rolled into balls to get the credit for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kel viewpost.gif

"" Somedays I never get to crochet because of work and the busy-ness of life, etc...and thats dangerous because when I am not busy making something, I am busy buying more yarn for projects "I fully intend on doing....someday!". LOL

That looks good to me. :cheerDid you remember to reset your WTD score on Sunday to 0 though? ""quote

OK now i am confused-:think i thought we had to USE enough of a skein that it needed to be rolled in order to prevent tangling and that was a +1 if all we have to to is just roll any:?:? skein into a ball -i can be +100 real soon

or maybe i am reading this wrong- not enough sleep last nite for sure!

Help:eek

I finished the pot holder last night, used the rest of the cotton (+1) :yay. I started on heart pins, didn't use enough to get points though :(. I saw the cotton sponges, they're cute. Some one here had a pattern for a scrubbie, sort of like the sponge only round. I've lost my copy and can't find the post now. I'm going to my parents Sat. and might not get to a computer, so I'll try to post by Fri.

WTD Score: + 1

Ellie 13

Archived