2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing to report this week - been dealing with the stomach bug:fever, so no crocheting going on. In a way, it is a good thing. :yesLost some weight and there was no way to go shopping for more yarn. (my friends always tell me that I always look for the good in everything. guess they are right:flower)

WTD 0

WTD -12 YTD -12

Off to a great start here. My dm and dd went shopping at JoAnn's and Hobby Lobby of course my dd felt bad cause I was at work, so she bought me 6 skeins:yarn. I have been working so much, that I haven't had time to :crocheting. I have tomorrow off, so hoping to get a project done and more on my ripple done.

I made a pair of fingerless mittens yesterday, so I'm sitting at

WTD +1

YTD +1

:clap:clap:clap:clap

WTD +1 YTD +1

I used one ball on my ripple afghan. I started a handbag last night so I'm hoping I can get two more points in a couple of days but I probably won't get any more finished off today.

I was so bad in 2008. I bought an incredible amount of yarn, and used almost none of it because I spent most of the year nursing raging CTS. Still have the CTS, but I'm being better about my crochet time.

Anyway, a few days ago, I did an inventory of my yarn stash, so I know exactly what I have, what colors, what amounts (I'm a total Excel geek, so I have it all organized in a nice spreadsheet).

It's nutty. I have 617 skeins/cones/balls of yarn (more than that actually, since I combined some of my unbanded yarns into 1 "unit") and 79 balls of thread (most of it size 10 most of it new), for a total of 696 units of yarn and thread. I need to make a dent in my stash! Even though I bought a lot of it at steeply discounted rates (seconds, mill ends, clearance), well, that's a whole lot of yarn!

I'll start my counting tomorrow for the new week.

I got busy with a scrapghan that uses double yarns so I used up a full skein and a bunch of smaller balls.:clap But the yarn sale at Michaels called my name and I couldn't resist.:lol So my total for the week is:

WTD: -3 / YTD: -3

I have a couple of hats in the works so that will help for next week. This is fun, thanks for the great incentive to keep busy.:yay

so far, I am at

WTD: +3 YTD:+3

:cheer:cheer:cheer Yay!!!!! I am excited to be in the positive. Although I feel like it should be higher, cause I am crocheting up a storm, but all scrubbies, and my one little cone of cotton (so I thought when I bought it last month) sure lasts a whole lot....didn't realize that, now it's a never ending cone of cotton, and my scrubbies are piling up, but not my score. I should be able to add it in there next week though. :devil

I have found the benefit of boing broke, :blushI know I don't have the money for yarn right now, hubby's tuition needs to be paid in the next few weeks, so I should be building up a nice poitive score before I have the money to go negative. lol :lol just the positive side of things right now.

WTD +2 / YTD +2

Thankfully I went through a full skein of RHSS making charity squares last night, so, I finally have a score. One skein down, several bazillion to go!

Excellent post Beth. it does help us to know what you need to make your job easier.

I am truly hopeful that I can do better this year.

Seriously, on Jan 1st I felt like a large weight had been lifted off me. 2008 just seemed to be a bummer all round.

:hug Happy New Year, darski! It will be better.

Nothing to report this week - been dealing with the stomach bug:fever, so no crocheting going on. In a way, it is a good thing. :yesLost some weight and there was no way to go shopping for more yarn. (my friends always tell me that I always look for the good in everything. guess they are right:flower)

WTD 0

I hope you feel better soon. It is good to find the positive in everything. :hug Congratulations on the weight loss.

Walker - I've been dealling with influenza, so lots of :crocheting going on for me. I'm doing a lot of sleeping, but when I'm awake I can manage to crochet. I did go shopping, but that was before the new year. :lol

I'd rather have ANYTHING than the stomach bug... :yuck You poor thing... :hug

YTD -4 WTD -4

The new year just started and I'm already behind. :sigh Getting ready for a february display and didn't have enough of two of the three colors to complete one of my projects.

Had that stomach bug :sick two weeks ago very :yucky thing. Hope you feel better soon.

NiYa :yarn

Walker - I've been dealling with influenza, so lots of :crocheting going on for me. I'm doing a lot of sleeping, but when I'm awake I can manage to crochet. I did go shopping, but that was before the new year. :lol

Krystal, I hope you feel better soon, too. :hug

Thanks for the well wishes Beth and Krystal. Acutally starting to feel human again. Today I ventured out to do some much needed food shopping. I stayed away from the only place that sells yarn around here (Wal Mart). So I am still at a zero for the week!! Go ME!!lol

And Krystal, drink lots of water, take a couple asprin, crochet a few squares, then call me in the morning. :hug

YTD -4 WTD -4

The new year just started and I'm already behind. :sigh Getting ready for a february display and didn't have enough of two of the three colors to complete one of my projects.

Had that stomach bug :sick two weeks ago very :yucky thing. Hope you feel better soon.

NiYa :yarn

Now I know where I got it from!! It came thru the 'ville all the way to me. lol Glad to hear you are better.:manyheart Today is much better for me than it has been. Tomorrow I should be all back to normal

This week +2

this year +2

Y'all are here as witnesses that I can actually use more yarn than I buy once in a very blue moon.

:dreaming Imagine a year where you keep on the plus side every week :c9

Archived