2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

Wow! There's a lot of people playing. Lets see how much yarn we can go through this year! Great start so far.

:manyheart

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WTD:+6

Ok, I used 3 skeins of simply soft up last night (the 6 oz variety) so that's 6 points in my favor. Actually, technically I used some up last night and some this morning. I used 2 skeins between 8pm and 1am last night and the last skein between 1am and 4am this morning. That's 8 hours non stop crocheting last night. I also did some crocheting earlier that day. Oyy, I love crocheting.

Julee

WTD:-54

Ok, I used 3 skeins of simply soft up last night (the 6 oz variety) so that's 6 points in my favor. Actually, technically I used some up last night and some this morning. I used 2 skeins between 8pm and 1am last night and the last skein between 1am and 4am this morning. That's 8 hours non stop crocheting last night. I also did some crocheting earlier that day. Oyy, I love crocheting.

Julee

Julee, shouldn't your WTD be +6? We started a new week today. You get to wipe the WTD slate clean. I love Sundays!!!:hook

Well, my +6 for last week got wiped out by a trip to JoAnn's today. I bought 6 skeins but already used 1 for a current WTD of -10. I have also won several items on e-bay (that place is dangerous!) and have 3 other skeins coming that I ordered last week, but I am going to return 2 of the skeins I bought to JoAnn's, so there's no telling what my final WTD will be! However, since I'm back to work tomorrow after 2 weeks off I'm sure it will be in the negative.:(

I am going to be negative this week. Guess I need to try & get some skeins used up before I go shopping for yarn. I bought this new pattern & of course I don't have any of the colors. So I am getting the yarn either tomorrow or Tuesday.

Wow, how fun!! :D This really is kind of motivating... I'll have to get that hook moving soon. ;)

If you used two skeens, your point should be +4... You get 2 points for each skein. :) But maybe you bought something? :)

Aaaah! You are right! THANK YOU!!!:hug

I made a pretty good dent in my stash. I've been working on a pet bed, and a hat. Hope to be able to count up some serious progress by the end of the week.

Well...I know I'm probably going to be negative this week!

The 3 skeins of yarn I got yesterday were the wrong weight yarn, so the lady is sending the 3 I ordered out...and doesn't want me to ship back the others because it was their fault. :eek

PLUS, I'm probably going to Michael's and Hobby Lobby tomorrow! We all know what that means. :devil If the plumbing under my sink wasn't retarded I wouldn't have to go to Menards, so I wouldn't be near M's and HL!

BUT, I also started a new afghan today and already used up 1/2 of a skein on it. :clap

Finished the baby ghan I was working on and started a new one today which used up 2 more skeins. :dance

At least I'm starting this week in the positive. Hopefully I can keep up the momentum. Unfortunately I don't have enough of the right colors in my stash so I'm going to need to go shopping tomorrow to buy at least two more skeins to finish the new afghan. :sigh

True confessions time-- I had to go to Joann to find one single skein of RHSS in hot red-- but they don't carry that color, so I ended up with a 7 oz ball of Bernat baby blanket-- so -2, but then I had to go to Michaels for the Red Heart, and 4 skiens of Kroy Socks jumped into my basket too 'cos they were 50% off (such a deal) So, I went from +4 this morning to -8. Argh! I think stashbusting is harder than dieting!!! :grumpy

Archived