2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, don't quit!!! It's the YTD that counts, it will be so much fun to see how everybody is doing in december next year! :) I KNOW I won't be as good as I have been lately through the whole year, offcourse I'm going to buy some yarn.. I love yarn. ;)

I agree too. Don't quit so soon, Crystal! I know I'll be in the negative a lot this year too. That's part of the challenge (and fun) of the game! ;)

Unfortunately my grand plans for this week are quickly going down the drain. I'm back at 0 so far for this week. I bought the two skeins I needed to finish the baby afghan I'm working on, which negated all my hard work so far busting my stash. But that's OK. Hopefully I'll use them up fairly quickly. I also ordered 19 skeins online for a project for another CAL I've joined. I'm crossing my fingers it won't be delivered until next week. :blush

Good. I am glad that you have decided to stick with it.

I myself have not had a very productive crochet week this week. Not sure how much my stash score is going to change by Saturday night.

I just bought 10 skeins from knitting warehouse today :eek

Yesterday I bought 4 skeins of yarn & 1 ball of thread from Walmart :blush

Buying all of this :yarn is not only going to bankrupt me but keep me in the negative as well if I keep up this pace.

I need somebody to slap my wrist every time I try to buy yarn. All though the yarns I bought were all needed for an afghan I am making for my mom's birthday gift. I had to have the white thread for snowflakes. :blush

Hopefully I will use up some skeins of yarn when I crochet my dog's blanket & toy which will be her birthday gift since her birthday is Feb. 3 she will be 4 years old.

Sleeps with yarn!! I like that!!!!!!!

Mine is all in the basement in bins. My husgand thinks I bought all of those bins to help us when we strighten up the basement. He has no idea how much yarn is actually down there!!!!!! I think there would be a fit if he knew!!!!:eek

I know, every time I stop at a craft store with my sister or Mom they roll their eyes and say...more yarn? ;) but I have to stop, I have NO more room :rolleyes...unless I start keeping yarn in my kitchen...:hook

Look my first year in this game I ended the year with -643 :eek but last year I ended the year with -270 :D so my goal this year is to end real close to zero :lol I like seeing my progress through the year.

That being said I went to HL today to buy my 1 skein of yarn with my coupon. While I did resist the yarn on clearance I went ahead and bought 6 skeins to start me off on my quilt. :blush Just one skein of each color I'll need. Of course it's going to take way more than that to make but I'll buy a new skein as I need it till I'm finished now. :hook

So that's a -12 for today with my -6 already for a -18 WTD so far.

Okay :think...have they invented a gum to help you stop buying yarn?? Joann's just sent me a "last chance to buy -- every skein on sale" email :eek

...must...stay...strong...:sweat

Go to your stash, start counting. Maybe that will help you resist when you realize how much yarn you really have and how many new things you can make.

Hooray!!:yay I finished a skein of yarn on my scarf!

That's not really such a big deal but it seemed to take forever!

So my score so far this week is:

WTD: +1/YTD: +2

Archived