2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

I am sorry I have taken all day to post. I have been in valley center (San Diego) today. Found a way around the border check & the freeway so it was all worth taking all day. :yes

Anyhow my score is: WTD: +3 YTD: +3

It would have been +5 but I needed to buy a ball of pink thread. That does count as 2 points right?

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My totals for week ending 01/03/09

+5 WTD / +5 YTD

I can't believe I actually restrained from buying any yarn at all this week! :eek

My totals come from turning a skein into a ball for a 12 inch square that I'm doing for a CAL in another group and using up a ball for another square in the same CAL.

And I used up a ball plus a whole skein of cotton for a kitchen set (potholder, dishcloth, scrubbie, and magnet) that I made for a friend. I literally had just a few inches left. LOL :cheer

*raising hand* I have a question.

does a ball of peaches and cream cotton yarn count as 1 point if used?

:heart

:mug

Well what do you mean by a ball.

In this CAL a Skein is what you buy off the store shelf or a full "thingy" of yarn if you are gifted with it.

A Ball is an amount of yarn that is left over from a Skein that you have rolled (or just kept safe) from some other project.

some skeins may look more like a ball but they are definitely skeins until you get your little hands on them and make them make pretties. :rofl

+16 jammerholly GOLD MEDAL!

+13 dragonpuck SILVER MEDAL!

+11 lhapsaapsolady BRONZE MEDAL!

+8 teakaycee

+7 pineknott

+7 lilmiss

+6 morna

+6 Mollyanna

+5 almoreland

+4 OwlEyez

+4 Legalwoman17

+4 Isabel

+4cthulhu

+4 aphelia

+3 ropergirl3

+3 meganb

+3 Jessicagil

+3 BeasteezGurl

+2 NeedleArts

+2 Krystal16

+2 Kel

+2 darski

+2 CLLinda

+2 basjordan

+2 allieliz

+1 mar3185

+1 Madame Margaret

+1 Jain

+1 Graceylue

+1 DesertCrocheter

0 walker 1021

0 Marzee

0 Kiwikitti

0 KellyA

0 Jempast

0 hseger

0 goofy

0 alwayscrafting

-3 greatgrammy

-3 Braxxi

-4 ankh

-7 dilyca2006

-9 fc1123

-12 ldyer1

-12 christinaparrish

-16 Jenny Bunny

-18 Ashley 3121

-30 KellyA

-60 CroJulee SHOOT THE MOON!

Great job, everyone!!! :cheer

Wow, how fun!! :D This really is kind of motivating... I'll have to get that hook moving soon. ;)

My WTD is +2. My YTD is +2.

I can't believe I have used 2 whole skeins...its been awhile since my hook has been so busy!

If you used two skeens, your point should be +4... You get 2 points for each skein. :) But maybe you bought something? :)

Sorry I forgot to post yesterday, my score stayed at 0 for this week.

Have just been yarn shopping in the sale and ended up buying 14 balls of yarn, all in the sale, so I start a new week in a negative:(, I did managed to finish one of my knitted sqaures.

14 balls of yarn =-28

1 full ball for square = 2

Total so far this week is = -26

I really didn't want to start the new year in a negative, but the yarn was soooo lovely and just jumped into my basket:lol:devil

Ok, I am not doing so hot.

Bought 4 skeins

Used up 2 skeins making charity blocks

That means a score of -4, right?

Did not get much crocheting done though.

Debbie

uwcheese

Hey I used more yarn last night (didn't finish the hat 'til after midnight) I used 1 1/2 skeins of cobalt blue New Wave and 1/2 skein of kelly green fun fur for a really, really goofy looking bucket hat. This sometimes happens what I make it up as I go along... At least I gained 4 more points! So far wtd +4 / ytd +6.

Well what do you mean by a ball.

In this CAL a Skein is what you buy off the store shelf or a full "thingy" of yarn if you are gifted with it.

A Ball is an amount of yarn that is left over from a Skein that you have rolled (or just kept safe) from some other project.

some skeins may look more like a ball but they are definitely skeins until you get your little hands on them and make them make pretties. :rofl

Well........ I used two balls of P&C. Brand new they are only 2oz of yarn.... so I thought that might only count for a Ball worth of yarn.:think

whatcha think?

*raising hand* I have a question.

does a ball of peaches and cream cotton yarn count as 1 point if used?

A new ball counts as 2 points if used up. If it's a partial skein rolled into a ball, then it's only 1 point. Size does not matter - newness does.

I just get excited when I can change my signature!

Don't worry, you're not the only one! :rofl

[quote name=krazy-kitty;

I really didn't want to start the new year in a negative' date=' but the yarn was soooo lovely and just jumped into my basket:lol:devil[/quote]

Maybe we shouldn't shop with basket's and then we can only buy what we can carry. That will show them! :neener

I almost used a whole skein but at least I get to plus 1.

A new ball counts as 2 points if used up. If it's a partial skein rolled into a ball, then it's only 1 point. Size does not matter - newness does.

Wow ... no kidding.

So using two new balls of P&C ... I get to add 4 points? :eek:yay

Maybe we shouldn't shop with basket's and then we can only buy what we can carry. That will show them! :neener

I almost used a whole skein but at least I get to plus 1.

Baskets are for wusses... I use a cart! :hyper

Which explains why I ended up bringing home 7.5 kilograms on my last shopping trip.:blush

Archived