2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:cheer:cheerI used another ball this evening and almost used a whole nother skein. :clap:clap

:thinksad thing is. I badly misunder estimated how much yarn I was going to need as I used a larger hook then called for soooo. I am going to have to go get another 3 or 4 skeins just to finish this afghan.:eek

O.k. I am going to add this to my siggie. I should do good atleast for a short time since I am in the middle of a bunch of projects for my DD due at the end of this month. I make no promises after that! :lol

O.k. I am going to add this to my siggie. I should do good atleast for a short time since I am in the middle of a bunch of projects for my DD due at the end of this month. I make no promises after that! :lol

None of us here make any promises much past today. :rofl

We've learned the hard way :wlol

:cheerWhoohoo!

I got a lot done on my scrapghan yesterday :hook and earned 10 points. I wanted to post it now as I am going to Michaels later today and anticipate the score changing. :lol

That said, it sure feels good to see the skeins and balls of yarn turn into something warm and pretty.

Thanks for the incentive.:hug

Oh, I wanted to buy some yarn today SO BAD...! But I didn't do it! Thanks to this cal. ;) I bought some cool crochethooks instead, five of them in different sizes, colours and with glitter. :D

I'm gonna have to buy some yarn in the next few days or I will not get my Monet afghan done!!!!!!!!!LOL

This CAL is really making me think about why I am getting yarn. Is it because I need it or just because I WANT IT!!!!!!!!!!LOL

I'm going to give this a try for 2009. But geesh my DH just can't help bargain shopping for yarn, so I'll have to try and keep him in check.

Wish this was a problem in my household :lol

Hi Everyone...I am mostly a lurker but have to join this CAL...or I will soon be up to my eyeballs in yarn! Since this is as close to yarnaholics as I can find, hopefully it'll work! Good luck everyone and Happy New Year!:cheer

I'm going to give this a try for 2009. But geesh my DH just can't help bargain shopping for yarn, so I'll have to try and keep him in check.

You have a DH like this too? Isn't it fun to be able to blame someone else for your yarn stash?? :hook

I wanted to post it now as I am going to Michaels later today and anticipate the score changing. :lol

I understand....I think I'm going to have to go to Joanns today, too! This is going to be a serious challenge as the year progresses, isn't it? :blush

Actually I think I should back out of this game. I'm going to pull out my knitting machine that I haven't touched in about a year and it wouldn't be fair at all to count skeins used up by a machine.

Of course I'll still be making stuff by hand, but it'll get too confusing when I buy yarn, do I count it or not? I may buy it with the intention of hand crocheting and then decide to use it in the machine.

Happy Stashbusting all!

:hug

I added a ball to my ripple afghan last night so I get to change my score to a +1. But my grandma is going to Hobby Lobby today and said she might pick up some yarn for me! I'm sure I'll be negative soon. Better get to making things!

Actually I think I should back out of this game. I'm going to pull out my knitting machine that I haven't touched in about a year and it wouldn't be fair at all to count skeins used up by a machine.

Of course I'll still be making stuff by hand, but it'll get too confusing when I buy yarn, do I count it or not? I may buy it with the intention of hand crocheting and then decide to use it in the machine.

Happy Stashbusting all!

I don't think most people would have a problem with this. As long as you are using your yarn you are using your yarn. This is mostly about busting our stash and some of us are doing that :knit thingy.

Any yarn you buy is counted against you and if you have to "feed the beast" it would all get added in. Of course the real trick is to use it as fast as you buy it. (I'm working on that part... no really :rofl )

Originally Posted by lhasaapsolady

...and...

Originally Posted by walker1021

You have a DH like this too? Isn't it fun to be able to blame someone else for your yarn stash??

:eek OMG...I am sooo jealous!!! I would be on :c9 if I had this "problem" !! Do your DHs' give lessons???

I want to do this!! I just went through all my yarn, matched up yarns for future projects, organized my wip's, and sorta got a list started of what I can make with what I got already. Will prob have to go get 2 or 3 more skeins to finish up my shell afghan, but we'll see...I did add another color that matches the varigated so we'll have to see how far it all goes.

I started a scarf yesterday and am down to 2 less than 1/2 skeins, and i'm finishing up a book cozie that is down less than half a skein.

I understand....I think I'm going to have to go to Joanns today, too! This is going to be a serious challenge as the year progresses, isn't it? :blush

Yep, my score did change. :D But I had fun shopping and found some great yarn.:clap

Happy Stashbusting all!

No way! If I had a knitting machine, I'd use it! :yes Add up that score!

Archived