2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
maybe I'll take a picture of my yarn and keep it at my desk...

Ooooh...good idea! :yes That's what I need to do, because I've visited Joanns website a couple of times today. So far I've resisted the temptation, but it's getting harder. I mean...it's "on sale"! :blush

true ...but the stash is at home and the internet and Joann's sale is here at work...maybe I'll take a picture of my yarn and keep it at my desk...
:lol:lol Love this idea! :lol

And so glad you're staying with us, Jempast! and :birthday to your dog!

I know...I hit Joann's the store before the new year and bought a bunch of Vanna's Choice...what I'm going to do with it, I have no idea...a friend suggested that I return it or sell it and my first thought was "that's SACRILEGE"...but we can do it...the sale is almost over and its almost time to go home and play with our yarn...

Haha, my mom bought me two skeins today, so that puts me at....-3. Ah well. I'm about to use up one on a scarf for her, and probably one for me. I already have like, seven, but I *love* scarves.

Guess I will stick with it. Thanks ladies for encouraging me.

Great!! Now you have to promise me to stick around and encourage me when I'm not doing so good. ;)

We all have to stick together.. :D

I know what you mean :hug...not only will it bankrupt me... I have so much yarn in my teeny tiny 1 bedroom apartment I might be smothered by it

...just call me "Sleeps with Yarn" :rofl

That is me, literally! I live in a small place too and yarn is EVERYWHERE, even stacked up on the bed against the wall! Good thing I'm not married, huh? :devil

Oh poo. I just got an email from Herrschners and Bernat yarn is on sail!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

It's a conspiracy I tell ya! :lol

All right. So I bought a skein today, but it's not technically mine. I'm making some of those sponges for a girl at work and she's suppose to be paying me back, but I don't know if it will really happen! Oh well. It;s mine till she pays! Although, I did manage NOT to buy more peaches and cream. Oh and it was on sale too... My DH goes into Joann's with me now to keep an eye on my yarn buying. HE thinks I have too much. Silly silly crazy man. I can NEVER have too much. There is a whole closet beckoning me to fill it with yarn!

Well i just used up 4 more skeins of yarn. im doing really good untill i get near a yarn store then im in trouble. so that makes another +8 yeah:cheer

Yeah, i know what you mean by small spaces...i have a small cottage sized house, and i have yarn under the bed, in the corner by the couch, and in the attic. Oh, and there's a bag under the table in the front room. DBF bought 2 pairs of shoes yesterday and the boxes are those nice flip lid style...fits right under the couch...

I made 12 scarfs in the last 2 days. All fun fur, double stranded, so 2 skeins of fun fur a peice. so 24 skeins, +2 each is +48 :eek:eek:eek:eek :cheer:cheer:cheer*YAY*:cheer:cheer:cheer

I have dug all the fun fur out of my stash and have 40+ more skeins to use up (I stopped counting them at 40, just tossed them in a tote so I wouldn't have to dig), so in the next few days, lets see where we get.:hook

I also used up a tiny ball of blue today for a headband, cause I couldn't find any of mine....so so far this week I am up 49 pts. :yes

I feel very good about that. until I realize how much more there is to use......

I made 12 scarfs in the last 2 days. All fun fur, double stranded, so 2 skeins of fun fur a peice. so 24 skeins, +2 each is +48 :eek:eek:eek:eek :cheer:cheer:cheer*YAY*:cheer:cheer:cheer

I have dug all the fun fur out of my stash and have 40+ more skeins to use up (I stopped counting them at 40, just tossed them in a tote so I wouldn't have to dig), so in the next few days, lets see where we get.:hook

I also used up a tiny ball of blue today for a headband, cause I couldn't find any of mine....so so far this week I am up 49 pts. :yes

I feel very good about that. until I realize how much more there is to use......

Holy smackrel!!!! That is amazing!!!:cheer WTG

Now I feel really bad for my 2 Peaches and Creams I bought--darn....:(

Totally WoW!!!

Good on you!!!

How do you work so fast? :think

Well, I went to the store and got attacked by three 7 oz. skeins of Vana's Choice. They refused to leave me alone unless I took them with me. And they smuggled their friends P and Q hook into my shopping cart! Seriously though I have been looking for a Q hook forever. I have already picked out a pattern for the VC so they should be gone relatively soon. -6

And over the last two days I used up part of a ball making some fingerless gloves and added the rest of it to my scrap ripple so +1 making me -5 for the week so far. But I've almost finished a whole skein on a purse! Hopefully I can get it done by Saturday and get those two points.

Well, the three skeins I ordered last week came today, so that puts me at -16. I also got a notice that delivery was attempted on another package - that must be one of my two e-bay purchases. I'm positive that this is not going to be a positive week! :eek

Archived