2015 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started working on a new baby blanket.  I've never done anything before by working on the diagonal.  I like it!  I like the yarn too.  It's Lollipop by Mary Maxim in a shade called Berry Punch. It's bright pink, teal, aqua, blue, purple and white -- very happy!  I worked two of those skeins down into balls.

For week ending Jan. 17, 2014:

WTD:  +2  /   YTD:  -28

Well, this week was a much better one, stash-wise, than last!  I managed to avoid the allure of the LYS yarn at SnB night, and use up a skein, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +2 YTD -38

:yay  :c9  :clap

Hi everyone...Happy Stashbusting!

This week I used 11 Balls, 3 skeins, and turned 1 skein into a ball.  Some of this was doing Dot Matthews Ugly But Warm Hat which is double-stranded. (available in this forum under Patterns)  +18  :clap Most of the yarn balls I used up making a 3 stranded basket for the house!

Some of you will remember at the end of last year I told you about my neighbor who has to move in with her brother?  She is going blind :no  :cry and can no longer knit or quilt.  She knows I have plenty of yarn, so she has been offering her yarn to others she knows....but I knew I would get some of it.  She just wants everything gone so they can come out and get her moved!  So today she called me over and gave me two totes full of yarn.  57 new skeins and 16 balls.....I'm pretty sure I will be over the MOON this week  :D  -130

Please pray for my neighbor Grace....I will miss her terribly.  She is moving all the way across the country. She has lived across the street from my mom for 18 years.

My totals this week:

WTD: -112  YTD: -124  :blink  :elle  :hook 

I was kinda hoping she would give me the yarn before the end of the year since I was so much ahead in the Stashbusting....now I am starting the new year in the wrong direction  :crocheting  :?  :coffee

Week Ending 1/17 is a big fat 0.

I have really had no desire to crochet this week, but I have ALMOST finished a Scarf for my 8 year old son's best friend. Hopefully between the hat & scarf, I'll get a +2 for next week!

Finished up that pink ball from earlier in the week and used up a yellow ball I found in my stash, so... 

WTD +4 YTD -17

Not too bad anyway lol I've got high hopes for this week so we'll see how it goes!  :)

Hi everyone...Happy Stashbusting!

This week I used 11 Balls, 3 skeins, and turned 1 skein into a ball.  Some of this was doing Dot Matthews Ugly But Warm Hat which is double-stranded. (available in this forum under Patterns)  +18  :clap Most of the yarn balls I used up making a 3 stranded basket for the house!

Some of you will remember at the end of last year I told you about my neighbor who has to move in with her brother?  She is going blind :no  :cry and can no longer knit or quilt.  She knows I have plenty of yarn, so she has been offering her yarn to others she knows....but I knew I would get some of it.  She just wants everything gone so they can come out and get her moved!  So today she called me over and gave me two totes full of yarn.  57 new skeins and 16 balls.....I'm pretty sure I will be over the MOON this week  :D  -130

Please pray for my neighbor Grace....I will miss her terribly.  She is moving all the way across the country. She has lived across the street from my mom for 18 years.

My totals this week:

WTD: -112  YTD: -124  :blink  :elle  :hook 

I was kinda hoping she would give me the yarn before the end of the year since I was so much ahead in the Stashbusting....now I am starting the new year in the wrong direction  :crocheting  :?  :coffee

Will keep your neighbor/friend in my prayers. Hope you got some good yarn for such high negative! lol

Aside from the 12 skeins I surrendered to my daughter, I also managed to wind a skein down to a ball and give another ball to my "adopted" daughter.  I also purchased a skein tonight, but it was for my daughter so it doesn't count.  :yay

For week ending 1/17/15 my score is:

WTD +26 / YTD +28

nothing bought,nothing used,I did try on both counts yesterday,what's up with walmart not carrying any rhss white??

brought my yarn bag with me yesterday as we drove across town to shop,

wtd 0 ytd 0

Scores for week ending 1/18/15:

Gold Medal Winner: crabby rat +26

Silver Medal Winner: lhasaapsolady +24

Bronze Medal Winner: howieann +8

Using up that stash:

owlvamp +7

Bailey4 +5

yarn_monkey +4

BigPinkPolkaDot +2

randib82 +2

PBLKNP +2

VikingRunnerGirl +1

Holding steady at 0:

pliefeld

yarnscrapper

jessicali

greyhoundgrandma

krazycrocheter

pineknott

New stash to play with:

SamT87 -4

katyallen8090 -4

HollyzHobbyz -18

Shoot the Moon Winner: Shannart -112

I'm getting the new week off to a good start!  I finished the border on my brother-in-law's lapghan this morning & finished up a skein at the same time.  :D   So, I'm starting the week in the positive numbers! 

Used up a skein on a chemo cap and I started a scrap bulky yarn scarf... I got 4.5 rows in with what I had left from the chemo cap. I knew it was too much to throw away (heavens no!) but I don't use a lot of bulky yarn so I wasn't sure what else to do with it. I know if I keep it as a scarf it'll probably be finished in 5 years! If anybody else has any ideas, feel free to let me know! 

So, up to +2 for the week so far!  :)

Finished off a ball on a baby doll blanket, but will need some more yarn to finish off that project and another one I'm using that yarn for so I started another one working off a a Pounder and a big Ball of yarn.

+1

Archived