2015 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

Well, I'm heading in the wrong direction already! My grandmother has decided she can no longer crochet :( so she gave me the box of yarn she had. I had bought 3 skeins this week and used up 2, but her box had another 19 skeins in it! I'm also having a hard time using up yarn because my daughter and her friend have me making doll clothes right now. I usually don't count "balls" I use, only when I use a whole skein. The doll clothes almost never use a full skein! :think May have to rethink counting "balls" of yarn...lol!

WTD -40

YTD -38

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I was trying really hard to get another ball or two finished before I put the final tally up for the week and it's just not happening. Oh well. Puts me closer to a couple points for next week! Lol! 

WTD +4    YTD -13

At least I'm headed the right direction! Two weeks in a row of positive progress!  :D

Well, I didn't get a single stitch done today.  LOL  I did take some yarn and a hook; I just can't crochet while I'm watching basketball for some reason. 

My daughter's team won their game today, and my son's team lost both of their games.  Tomorrow, my daughter has two games and my son has one.

This is the fourth year my daughter and her team have been playing.  My son played two years ago, and didn't like the coach, so he didn't play last year.  This year, he found out who was going to coach the team and he was excited to be a part of it again; however, they got off to a late start and only got two practices in before this weekend's tournament.  For only having had the chance to practice twice, I think they're doing quite well.  I feel that their team will become much more cohesive as the season progresses!

Anyhow, I guess I only have my one point for this week, from when I showed Becca how to wind a center-pull ball yesterday.  :wink

WTD +1 / YTD +29

I did buy one skein this week, but I resisted 3 others, so that's good. And I finished off a few skeins on Sami Girl and Alicia's blankets. Those should finish themselves up next week! Hooray! :) So... for this week:

WTD:  +6 YTD: -14

The Big Three.....

katyallen8090    20    :cheer  :clap  :clap  

SamT87     15  :cheer :cheer 

HollyzHobbyz     9 :yay  

Playing with the Stash....

howieann     6

yarn_monkey     4

momma2five2014     4

VikingRunnerGirl     4

shannart     3

yarnscrapper     3

PBLKNP     2

greyhoundgrandma     2

crabby rat     1

jessicali     1

Just hangin' out chillin'......

lhasaapsolady

krazycrocheter

pineknott

We got new yarn to play with.....

randib82     -1

Bailey4     -15

owlvamp     -34

BigPinkPolkaDot     -35

Braxxi     -40

and somewhere over the moon.......Braxxi     -40  :c9  

I hope I didn't miss anyone....Have a great stashbusting week! ;) 

My computer had problems so I haven't been here since Jan. 3rd. I've been working a lot because every time they say   :2snow people panic. They act as if they're going to starve if they can't get out. It   :snow  yesterday, only 3 - 4 inches though. They say we might get :2snow tomorrow night. I  :crocheting a little most nights, yesterday and today. I made 40 Valentine heart pins, but they don't use much :yarn and I started with full skeins. I finished a shoulder wrap (lap robe?) today and rolled down 2 skeins :cheer  (+2). I'm starting the new year off on the plus side :yay .

WTD: + 2   YTD: + 2 

Ellie 13

I vow to make this week a LOT better than this past one!! I just signed up for a Fair local in (September) but I want to have TONS of stuff to sell so I'll be crocheting my fingers to the bone to get plenty of stock up!! 

Archived