2015 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

Well I just bought 6 skeins of yarn online that should come in this week. So I'm already at -12 for the week. So if anyone is tempted to buy yarn this week, you can get at least 5 skeins without shooting the moon!! 

I needed yarn for an order I got for some house shoe boots and needed more yarn for the afghan I'm working on so I ordered another 8 skeins. If I get both orders in this week that will be 14 skeins! :eek

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay I tied for silver for last week! I'm shocked! I never thought that would happen. My goal is to just not wind up at the bottom of the pile!  :crocheting

I feel like I've gotten a good deal accomplished the last few days but none of it is turning into points.  :reyes  I'm working on it though! Hopefully when the next Moogly square and her mini CAL get posted!  :dance

those are darling!!! Your pattern?? or can you share, lol, my problem though is always trying to make two of anything alike, lol, but they are adorable!! Im still at +4 for the week, I have been working too, but nothing is gone yet, and good, i will just continue a partial skein as 2 then, unless I roll it into a ball, from this point on, lol

If you don't finish a skein, but it's a floppy mess and you roll it into a ball, you count 1 point then, and then 1 point when you use the ball up. Or if you don't roll it into a ball, you can just count 2 points when you use up the whole skein.

Well, I got off to a good start this week.  :reyes   I've been working on an afghan for WUA and finished two skeins of yarn for a "+4".  But then I received a box from Herrschners in the mail (  :yay   )  containing nineteen skeins of yarn for a "-38".  So, right now I'm at a

"-34" for the week.  :(   Guess I'd better keep working on that afghan & see if I can improve my numbers by Saturday evening!

So far this week I used uo 18 balls making 120 african flower motifs. They are done!!! Now I have to join and weave in ends. Anyway my WTD score is +18!!!attachicon.gifIMG_20150205_114447.jpg

oooh those are so pretty!! they look so happy too!!

I finished a baby ghan, used, lets see, 3 skeins, and one ball so adding that to my plus 4, makes it a + 11, right? lol I will post a pic of it tomorrow, it's overcast here today, light is not good.. Look for it in the show and tell, baby toddler thread though, thanks. Oh, one more thing, if you detest orange, or anyhthing with some orange in it, skip the pic, lol       thanks

Ugh bought 3 skeins today to make a comfort shawl for my cousin. Good news is they'll be used up soon and they're the same color I'm using for my Moogly CAL so that'll help a little.

So all of a sudden -6 for the week. Bummer!

1 of the new skeins of RHSS Turqua used up in my cousin's shawl, so +2 brings me to -4 so far for the week... Trying really hard to at least say goodbye to another skein before tomorrow night! We've got a birthday party to go to tomorrow night so I'll probably lose a little hooky time and be posting my scores for the week around dinner time tomorrow. 

Archived