2015 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it too late to join?  I am working on charity hats and need some motivation to clear out what I have instead of buying more.  Plus I have been out of the crocheting mood for over a year and just now found my way back.

It's never too late to join!  Welcome! 

Finished a ball of teal working on squares for the Friendship ghan CAL, so that puts me at +4 for the week so far... I'm trying to make serious progress before tomorrow's final count!  :D

I haven't done much in the way of hooking this week; I spent a good deal of time entering all of my publications into my Ravelry library... LOL  However, I did show my "adopted" daughter how to roll a center-pull ball this evening, she rolling a skein of hers and I rolling a skein of mine, so I have accomplished something... LOL

We have a basketball tournament this weekend that the kids will be participating in, and I'm taking some yarn & a hook or two with me so I can *hopefully* create some actual stitches this week!!

My son finally finished all of his cyber school semester finals and is between semesters, and it's been snowing!, :flake so I finally got a little "me time" :wlol  and I'm crocheting while I get caught up on laundry.  This week, I was digging out some WIPs and got to work (or is it play?)

Here goes:  My Herrschnerrs order came in by surprise and I missed adding it to last's week's score, so that's -42.  I finished a light green baby blanket and finally worked that pounder into a ball, +1.  I'm still crocheting the Berry Punch diagonal baby blanket and have finished a skein and worked another into a ball, +3.  I dug out a baby clouds baby blanket and am nearing the end, but still have work to do.  I worked three skeins into balls on that, +3. :mdust

For week ending Jan. 24, 2015:

WTD:  -35  /  YTD:  -63

OMG let me just tell you that I am so glad I am poor right now because I would be buying this: http://www.herrschners.com/Product/Herrschners+Zebra+Print+Afghan+Crochet+Afghan+Kit.aspx

I will be dreaming of this blanket for a very VERY long time though!!

Did you know you can buy just the pattern here:yes   They get some great patterns from their Afghan contest every year!

Is it too late to join?  I am working on charity hats and need some motivation to clear out what I have instead of buying more.  Plus I have been out of the crocheting mood for over a year and just now found my way back.

Welcome to the group!

I got a little crocheting done while we were gone yesterday and today, but didn't finish any more yarn off...

WTD +2

I would just like to share that I went into Michaels yesterday and all their yarn was on sale and I bought NONE OF IT!  :eek  Go me!! 

Also, side note... they should really redo some of their display swatches... they've been fondled a few too many times and are at the point of looking way too grubby to really sell the yarn! Lol!

ewwwwwwwwwwww to the grubby yarn swatch

Archived