2015 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

It will come with time! You start this week's score back at 0 for the WTD score, then +4 for the four balls used and -10 for the 5 skeins bought, so it's -6 so far for this week.. At the end of the week you will add that and whatever else you have for the week to last week's +24 for your YTD score.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cannot do the scoring right...Ill stay in, but I cannot seem to get this, so if someone wants to keep track of it for me, lol I will let them know what yarn i used, and what i bought, but this is starting to really frustrate me. I was never a math person, and the worst part is , i hated it when we got into negatives even then, lol

I don't mind at all helping you come up with your week's total. All you need to do is list what you used and what you bought for the week. If you want to, you can put a YTD score in your signature and then change it at the end of the week with the new total, but it's not absolutely necessary. It does get easier with time; I agree that negatives are confusing!

I don't mind at all helping you come up with your week's total. All you need to do is list what you used and what you bought for the week. If you want to, you can put a YTD score in your signature and then change it at the end of the week with the new total, but it's not absolutely necessary. It does get easier with time; I agree that negatives are confusing!

yay thank you dear mona, you are an angel in disquise!!! in many ways. ;) so here is what you said earlier, an its the same for right now, so,..... if i use up, or add to, ill will post it for you, thank you again, wow, that makes me feel better, lol i think the more I see it done, maybe i will get it, i can't promise that though, lol .. :ty  :ty  :ty

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It will come with time! You start this week's score back at 0 for the WTD score, then +4 for the four balls used and -10 for the 5 skeins bought, so it's -6 so far for this week.. At the end of the week you will add that and whatever else you have for the week to last week's +24 for your YTD score.

I gave up on finding the elusive skein of black that I just KNOW is around here somewhere and bought one on the way home from dinner. I'm a stashbusting failure. For this week anyway. Lol Fortunately it's still early and there's hope for me yet!!  :D

-2 for the week so far. Boo.

But I just killed a ball working on grannies for my granny ghan! 

Make that... 

-1!

I used up a skein of orchid tonight. I am making this afghan for an adopted grandmother we have. She has a lot of health issues right now and was told in about 5 years she will be wheelchair bound. She is really upset. Her legs go numb and she falls a lot. I forget all what is wrong but I want to send her apick me upper. So then will go to her soon as it is done.

post-73065-0-87719800-1421124080_thumb.jpg

I used up a skein of orchid tonight. I am making this afghan for an adopted grandmother we have. She has a lot of health issues right now and was told in about 5 years she will be wheelchair bound. She is really upset. Her legs go numb and she falls a lot. I forget all what is wrong but I want to send her apick me upper. So then will go to her soon as it is done.

Pretty--I like the colors!

well, i just can't get the math, lus and minus are screwing me royally, I read the posts, and it sounds like some are using up yarn, and counting it as a plus, while still others are counting what they used as a minus, and then, we get into the dang subtracting minus numbers from postivies, and I am just not getting it.\

so for this week, i have 4 balls used, so 4 points either minus or plus, I dunno,

and then bought the 5 skeins, for 10 points minus or plus, i dunno either, Im just gonna lay low, and keep track in groups of used yarn,a nd bought yarn, cause I am so sorry but this is just not a good math experience, lol.and so we have the initial ytd for last week, 24 to the plus, and I am lost again...I quit, lol I cannot do the scoring right...Ill stay in, but I cannot seem to get this, so if someone wants to keep track of it for me, lol I will let them know what yarn i used, and what i bought, but this is starting to really frustrate me. I was never a math person, and the worst part is , i hated it when we got into negatives even then, lol

I could see where its confusing,okay say you bought 4 skeins -8 and you are trying to reduce your score before the week is up

use one skein -6 use another -4,another -2,another finds you at 0,with those four skeins used up,hopefully that makes it clearer

I like the color combo on that blanket

Great color combo. Just curious, are you in Louisiana?

This is what I have been working on and used up the black skein of yarn on.

Great squares.

I just found a contractor bag of yarn I've never seen before (no really, I swear!) in my craft room. I clearly moved it in with us (3 years ago. Whoops.) and never paid attention to what was in it. It had to have been my dad's girlfriend's yarn that she "donated" when they moved. Thank goodness we don't count stash when we start this! Lol

Can anyone help me with this??

I need to call the disaster cordinator my friend told me about. The only problem is I don't really know what to say. It would be different if I had all the stuff I need to donate. I'd just say I have such-in-such and am wondering if you could use it. But not having everything already made, I have no idea what to say or ask her or whatever. Help please? Will be talking to her over the phone. Please and Thank You

Sorry if it's all jumbled up!!

Can anyone help me with this??

I need to call the disaster cordinator my friend told me about. The only problem is I don't really know what to say. It would be different if I had all the stuff I need to donate. I'd just say I have such-in-such and am wondering if you could use it. But not having everything already made, I have no idea what to say or ask her or whatever. Help please? Will be talking to her over the phone. Please and Thank You

Sorry if it's all jumbled up!!

When I called a local Veterans Home, I said that I crocheted and was interested in making wheelchair bags, and did they need any. Or were there other things they needed instead and be ready to give examples of what you could make---caps, lap throws, shawls, etc. I'm not sure what type items the disaster coordinator might collect. Of course, tell them up front that the things aren't made, you are trying to see what is needed before you make things. Be ready to give them a time frame for how long it would take to make the items.

Well, I thought I was getting off to a good start this week.  I finished two more small balls of yarn working on some granny's daughters.  So, that's +2 more points.  :)   But, then opened up the box which was delivered today to find this afghan kit:  http://www.herrschners.com/Product/Herrschners++Here+Comes+the+Bus+Crochet+Afghan+Kit.aspx  with 12 skeins of yarn "plus" 5 small balls of yarn included.  That's -29 points.  :reyes Oh well...."just keep stitching", right?

When I called a local Veterans Home, I said that I crocheted and was interested in making wheelchair bags, and did they need any. Or were there other things they needed instead and be ready to give examples of what you could make---caps, lap throws, shawls, etc. I'm not sure what type items the disaster coordinator might collect. Of course, tell them up front that the things aren't made, you are trying to see what is needed before you make things. Be ready to give them a time frame for how long it would take to make the items.

I told my friend I was thinking of making hats and a scarf or two and possibly an afghan. She told me about the disaster cordinator and said they might want the hats for there days they do for fire victims. She said this time of year theres a lot of fires. So tomorrow Im just gonna call her and see if shes interested.

Archived