2015 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just found a contractor bag of yarn I've never seen before (no really, I swear!) in my craft room. I clearly moved it in with us (3 years ago. Whoops.) and never paid attention to what was in it. It had to have been my dad's girlfriend's yarn that she "donated" when they moved. Thank goodness we don't count stash when we start this! Lol

So nice to have "new" yarn that doesn't count!

Well, I thought I was getting off to a good start this week.  I finished two more small balls of yarn working on some granny's daughters.  So, that's +2 more points.  :)   But, then opened up the box which was delivered today to find this afghan kit:  http://www.herrschners.com/Product/Herrschners++Here+Comes+the+Bus+Crochet+Afghan+Kit.aspx  with 12 skeins of yarn "plus" 5 small balls of yarn included.  That's -29 points.  :reyes Oh well...."just keep stitching", right?

Looks like a fun afghan!

I'm trying to finish a couple of things that are started that I know won't end up with any yarn to count, then I'll start on the cowls that will use up a skein or at least just leave a little ball and the basket using extra bulky yarn.

If you used up a ball of yarn on scrap grannies it would be a +1. Every time you use up a ball it is a +1.

Oops hit the wrong button. The thing in front of the 1 was wrong but the math was right lol 

so ms.mona,i think i will post now,,,,,

wtd    -4

ytd +20,

please correct me if this is not right, I haven;'t used up anything else or bought anything else, since the above post, and won't probably till later tomorrow, sooooo I hope this is right. lol.

My finished baby ghan will get posted tonight, in the appropriate thread, and accounts for all those small balls I counted at the beginning week of this thread, lol

thanks, good luck to all!!

so ms.mona,i think i will post now,,,,,

wtd    -4

ytd +20,

please correct me if this is not right, I haven;'t used up anything else or bought anything else, since the above post, and won't probably till later tomorrow, sooooo I hope this is right. lol.

My finished baby ghan will get posted tonight, in the appropriate thread, and accounts for all those small balls I counted at the beginning week of this thread, lol

thanks, good luck to all!!

That is correct!

I turned a skein into a ball last night with some squares so that's a +1, brings me to... WTD +2!! I'm trying hard to get to the positives!!  :)

I'm so confused, I've got my days all mixed up and thought it was Saturday so I fixed it... I'm glad i have another day to work on WIPs!

Well, I got two skeins of Lion's Hometown USA yarn in the mail yesterday (-4).  But I'm going to spend the day working on my brother-in-law's lapghan, so I should easily finish those two "plus" the other skeins I have to use for it.  It's working up quickly because I'm using an "N" hook.  I'll update later this afternoon!

Archived