2015 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I'm posting my first post for the new year!  Sadly, I thought I'd use up a skein tonight, but no, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +0 YTD +0

:bang

Thankfully, the yarn kit for my Jungle Blanket project hasn't arrived from Mary Maxim yet... :devil

Yeah...I'm in again too.  So fun checking in with everyone once a week, at least.  I will never see numbers like last years again.....I hope!  Losing my job and having to shed so much yarn because there wasn't room to move it was a traumatic experience I never want to see again.

2015 is my year to finish UFOs  :lol  I have gathered all UFOs as I clean up the house after holidays....so far I have 12

Happy Stashbusting!

Welcome back, Shannon! That's definitely the hard way to be the queen of stashbusting! I, too, have several projects that have been sitting way too long that I want to finish off. We'll look forward to hearing about your progress.

I'm starting the year off on the wrong foot, but hopefully getting it out of my system early. I have a package scheduled for delivery Thursday and one that is not showing a delivery date yet. At least the yarn is all for specific projects.

question please, if we worked on our totals this past week, when we post this coming saturday, do we count those, cause I have used lots of stray balls of baby yarn up sine the first of january,  so far, and want them to count, lol here is a pic, it's what I started out with, lots of smaller balls, some skeins,and those i plan on using in a rr for Project linus, and the rest of the balls, my current project, is a double stranded granny square pastel  ghan for charity, so I am working on using at least, all the balls up you see in the pic...Progress reports will be posted, lol This is after i started the project, but before i remembered I had to count them, ha ha, oh well, right...... I had made the squares on the side, before I stared counting the balls I used up..and that is ok! my goal is making good use of the remainder of my baby yarn stash, as singley, its too hard on my wrists to use small hooks, so decided to double strand a ghan, and donate it to the open door mission, my go to charity....I aim to complete it soon!! But, Ill keep ya posted, he he.

No, it doesn't carry over. You start the year at 0.

We're finishing up the 2014 CAL this Saturday. The 2015 CAL will start next week with the Saturday (1/10/15) posting. Scores are posted on Saturday and then the list of scores is put up on Sunday. Yes, scrap balls are one point. Welcome to the group!

believe it or not, the pic is already outdated, lol, i have used more of the balls today, and working hard to get them all done and have an extra place to put 4 ply, lol... I will post the next pics by sat, thanks for the welcome, never played this before, it's kinda fun, what is best, the more you use, or the more you buy, lolol cause to me, it's the more I buy that counts!!!!!! :clap

post-40621-0-47794400-1420495229_thumb.jpg

BAM! I am so excited I am starting the year off in the positives!! 

So far, I am +5! Used 1 1/2 skeins on a Gryffindor Scarf & rolled the rest of that into a ball. Also did a Ruffle scarf out of a skein of RH Boutique Sashay! 

post-46820-0-43887300-1420509131_thumb.jpg

post-46820-0-57529700-1420509244_thumb.jpg

question please, if we worked on our totals this past week, when we post this coming saturday, do we count those, cause I have used lots of stray balls of baby yarn up sine the first of january,  so far, and want them to count, lol here is a pic, it's what I started out with, lots of smaller balls, some skeins,and those i plan on using in a rr for Project linus, and the rest of the balls, my current project, is a double stranded granny square pastel  ghan for charity, so I am working on using at least, all the balls up you see in the pic...Progress reports will be posted, lol This is after i started the project, but before i remembered I had to count them, ha ha, oh well, right...... I had made the squares on the side, before I stared counting the balls I used up..and that is ok! my goal is making good use of the remainder of my baby yarn stash, as singley, its too hard on my wrists to use small hooks, so decided to double strand a ghan, and donate it to the open door mission, my go to charity....I aim to complete it soon!! But, Ill keep ya posted, he he.

You can take your pick of putting last week's total in your YTD score and posting the week just what you've done this week. Or you can just put it all in this first posting this week. It's been a long day---was that clear as mud??

It's always satisfying to see all those balls disappearing into projects!

BAM! I am so excited I am starting the year off in the positives!! 

So far, I am +5! Used 1 1/2 skeins on a Gryffindor Scarf & rolled the rest of that into a ball. Also did a Ruffle scarf out of a skein of RH Boutique Sashay! 

Those are both pretty! I have some ribbon yarn, but haven't gotten around to trying it.

WTD 10 / YTD 10

How do we keep track of this? Do we post every week? I think I need a calendar near by me so I can keep track.

katy love the squares you are making. Love all the balls of yarn too.

Yes, we post every Saturday.  We keep track from Sunday to Saturday, and each week we update our WTD total - adding or subtracting those points from the YTD total.  You can post your Year To Date total every week with your Week To Date total, or just at the end of the month, whichever is easier for you.

I usually keep track of the week, and then adjust the "year" score once at the end of the week when I post my weekly score.

For instance, If I use up a skein of yarn this week, my first score (posting on the 10th) will be WTD +2 / YTD +2.  Then, if I use up another skein next week, my score will be WTD +2 (because I used up a skein) and YTD +4 (because I add the previous week to this week to keep a running tally).

I hope that helps!!  It's a bit confusing at first, but you'll get the hang of it!!  :hug

WTD 10 / YTD 10

How do we keep track of this? Do we post every week? I think I need a calendar near by me so I can keep track.

katy love the squares you are making. Love all the balls of yarn too.

I have a weekly calendar and as I finish yarn I jot down the points and color or brand. That keeps me from wondering if I've already counted something or not....my memory's not too great some weeks. Then on Saturday I add it up and post the score.

Okay...I'm in this year!  I'd kinda drifted away from this forum for a while, and this would be a good way to "jump back in".  I have go "so much" yarn right now!  I've started making rectangles for "Warm Up America" out of it to use it up.

I have some pics for you, here is my progress on the small balls, (16 to 19, honest!)pics tell the story, afghan is done, put together, and boxed for a charity here locally.  It turned out really  nice, not too thick, a really nice size too, 36 by 26...

post-40621-0-90036500-1420662064_thumb.jpg

post-40621-0-19586000-1420662131_thumb.jpg\\

here is what is left minus the full skeins, which

I took the full skeins out of the pic, as they will be used sometime soon, for a rr for chairty as well, I have till the end of this month, early part next month, to do that.

I feel like I sure made some progress on those stray balls, and plus, a good cause benefits as well, so win win situation right........ I guess my I dont know one of plus or minus scores will jump to Im gonna say 16, as a couple of the balls were way small.......  is that a plus 16, or a minus, Im a bit confused on that part!  thanks....

Don't feel bad I bought 7 skeins too so WTD was ten -14 so I'm a minus -4 now. I have a few partial skeins I will roll into balls. Well I was doing good but needed purple yarn and green for I had none. Good thing is I am making a granny square for a adopted granny so will count those again to the good when I use them up. LOL

katy love the baby blanket. It will keep a baby warm and happy.

I have some pics for you, here is my progress on the small balls, (16 to 19, honest!)pics tell the story, afghan is done, put together, and boxed for a charity here locally.  It turned out really  nice, not too thick, a really nice size too, 36 by 26...

attachicon.gif016.JPG

attachicon.gif011.JPG\\

here is what is left minus the full skeins, which

I took the full skeins out of the pic, as they will be used sometime soon, for a rr for chairty as well, I have till the end of this month, early part next month, to do that.

I feel like I sure made some progress on those stray balls, and plus, a good cause benefits as well, so win win situation right........ I guess my I dont know one of plus or minus scores will jump to Im gonna say 16, as a couple of the balls were way small.......  is that a plus 16, or a minus, Im a bit confused on that part!  thanks....

Very pretty afghan! Perfect size for a carseat!

Do we need to show pictures of our yarn and afghans? I seem to forget.

I don't believe they are mandatory. 

Archived