2015 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm back in too! I've been working on things this week, but haven't used anything up yet (I think I'm close on one blanket, yay!)

I finished out the year with an odd determination to really get myself into the positives eventually... maybe because our house is running out of space for anything, let alone yarn? :lol But I'm sticking to it this year, no new yarn unless I really NEED a specific color for a specific project.

I used to be that way about yarn all the time, but somehow let it get away from me....

WTD +0; YTD +0

Well... 

WTD: -21          YTD: -21

Which is better than I had started off, so I'm headed in the right direction anyway... Gonna keep working on my hot pads and my rainbow ripple and keep my fingers crossed!  :)

My Mary Maxim order got delivered last evening and all counted, there were 17 skeins, so that's a -34.  I also used two skeins this week on a shawl for my friend who had knee surgery, so that's a +4.  All together I'm in the hole, -30.

So, for week ending Jan. 10, 2014:

WTD:  -30  /  YTD:  -30

Ok...This week I was doing well. I used up 2 balls, 1 skein and turned 2 skeins into balls on assorted projects: +6. :tup .  Then I got a surprise package in the mail yesterday from a friend....9 new skeins of yarn: -18  :heart  :heart  :heart

So my total this week:  WTD/YTD: -12

I did buy 3 skeins of yarn this week, as I posted earlier.  I also gave away 2 skeins, and I managed to use up 2 of the 3 I bought!  So I'm ending the week in the positives!!  :yay

WTD +2 / YTD +2

Week Ending 01/10/15

Scores for week ending 1/10/15:

Gold Medal Winner: katyallen8090 +24

Silver Medal Winner: SamT87 +9

Bronze Medal Winner: Bailey4 +5

Addicted2patterns +4

lhasaapsolady +4

owlvamp +3

randib82 +3

crabby rat +2

yarnscrapper 0

pineknott 0

VikingRunnerGirl 0

jessicali -1

HollyzHobbyz -6

Shannart -12

krazycrocheter -14

pliefeld -20

yarn_monkey -21

howieann -28

BigPinkPolkaDot -30

PBLKNP -40

Shoot the Moon Winner: greyhoundgrandma -48

Lots of yarn used up this week! As well as sales taken advantage of and projects planned!

wow how cool!!!!!!!! my first win, lol if you can call it that, Im still having trouble associating minus with getting new yarn, but i just think of it in the opposite, so as to not get upset,lol

Thanks Linda, I will do my score in bold next time too, good idea!!

well I used up 4 balls in the past couple of days, I don't know if you all remember my yoyo ring, but I finally got them out, and sorted, and decided to round two them all, as long as my skein of white lasted, it's not used up yet, as well as makaing more yoyo to round 2, with the  small balls of diff.colors and they are going going going, ha ha. I snapped a pic,but camera is in other room, so maybe tomorrow, Ill get it posted.. Have no idea what to do with a bunch of white trimmed colored 2 round grranny's, couple ideas rolling around, but nothing set in stone yet.  

Oh and the good news, (bad news??) is I bought 5 skeins of yarn yesterday, soooooo lol

and i hate math, so if I had +24 and then with the 4 balls i used up  it's +28 right, and then  5, BOUGHT

wow how cool!!!!!!!! my first win, lol if you can call it that, Im still having trouble associating minus with getting new yarn, but i just think of it in the opposite, so as to not get upset,lol

well I used up 4 balls in the past couple of days, I don't know if you all remember my yoyo ring, but I finally got them out, and sorted, and decided to round two them all, as long as my skein of white lasted, it's not used up yet, as well as makaing more yoyo to round 2, with the  small balls of diff.colors and they are going going going, ha ha. I snapped a pic,but camera is in other room, so maybe tomorrow, Ill get it posted.. Have no idea what to do with a bunch of white trimmed colored 2 round grranny's, couple ideas rolling around, but nothing set in stone yet.  

Oh and the good news, (bad news??) is I bought 5 skeins of yarn yesterday, soooooo lol

and i hate math, so if I had -24 and then with the 4 balls i used up  it's -28 right, and then minus from the minus, 5, and I think I still have -23,   and a plus 5 in there, but don't know how I should write that out..help.. I think i well i really don't know, I have a brain block on this ladies......if we start all over each week, or what. i have no idea, eek, im so lost...

It will come with time! You start this week's score back at 0 for the WTD score, then +4 for the four balls used and -10 for the 5 skeins bought, so it's -6 so far for this week.. At the end of the week you will add that and whatever else you have for the week to last week's +24 for your YTD score.

and i hate math, so if I had -24 and then with the 4 balls i used up  it's -28 right, and then minus from the minus, 5, and I think I still have -23,   and a plus 5 in there, but don't know how I should write that out..help.. I think i well i really don't know, I have a brain block on this ladies......if we start all over each week, or what. i have no idea, eek, im so lost...

4 skeins used up = 6. -24 + 6 = -16

My score this week is -14 because I bought 7 skeins. Now when I use up a skein it will be a +2 for each one.

Just let me know how many more skeins you used up and how many you aquired/bought.

well, i just can't get the math, lus and minus are screwing me royally, I read the posts, and it sounds like some are using up yarn, and counting it as a plus, while still others are counting what they used as a minus, and then, we get into the dang subtracting minus numbers from postivies, and I am just not getting it.\

so for this week, i have 4 balls used, so 4 points either minus or plus, I dunno,

and then bought the 5 skeins, for 10 points minus or plus, i dunno either, Im just gonna lay low, and keep track in groups of used yarn,a nd bought yarn, cause I am so sorry but this is just not a good math experience, lol.and so we have the initial ytd for last week, 24 to the plus, and I am lost again...I quit, lol I cannot do the scoring right...Ill stay in, but I cannot seem to get this, so if someone wants to keep track of it for me, lol I will let them know what yarn i used, and what i bought, but this is starting to really frustrate me. I was never a math person, and the worst part is , i hated it when we got into negatives even then, lol

Archived