2015 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

My husband brought in a box from outside yesterday.  We rarely go out on our front porch because we use the back door near the garage all the time. It was the Herrschner's order I was waiting for.

I added the skeins to my total yesterday, but I must of missed the tallying for the scores, so I edited what I had edited and I'm adding the skeins to this week's run.  It was 21 skeins!  So, everyone, you have my permission to adopt all those little fiber buddies because I'm beginning the week with a -42.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Used up a skein on a chemo cap and I started a scrap bulky yarn scarf... I got 4.5 rows in with what I had left from the chemo cap. I knew it was too much to throw away (heavens no!) but I don't use a lot of bulky yarn so I wasn't sure what else to do with it. I know if I keep it as a scarf it'll probably be finished in 5 years! If anybody else has any ideas, feel free to let me know! 

So, up to +2 for the week so far!  :)

I don't use much bulky yarn. Maybe use two strands of worsted weight or whatever kind of yarn would be the same thickness.

I finished off a pink and a black skein of yarn tonight. Earlier I posted +2 and now +4 = WTD +6

I have a question? If daughter buys yarn for a blanket and I make does it count toward me? I want to make sure/

You would count it coming into your possession even though you didn't buy it, and again count it as it's used up.

My husband brought in a box from outside yesterday.  We rarely go out on our front porch because we use the back door near the garage all the time. It was the Herrschner's order I was waiting for.

I added the skeins to my total yesterday, but I must of missed the tallying for the scores, so I edited what I had edited and I'm adding the skeins to this week's run.  It was 21 skeins!  So, everyone, you have my permission to adopt all those little fiber buddies because I'm beginning the week with a -42.

That happened to me last week!  :D  I had ordered a kit that was supposed to be on back order until March, but it surprised me by showing up early! :2eek I do have another kit on back order too, but haven't received an shipping information yet.  I'm anxiously waiting for it though!  :emptymail

well, was busy lately with that ghan for charity that i finally edged, all in all, it used up 2 partials skeins, and one large ball of the lt. raspberry, so my score would be starting for this week, a + 5, i think, and then I used a few balls up, making random colors granny squares, in several sizes, so the ball count there, (they were smallish balls,but they went pretty far!) was 12, so far, so add another 12 to the 5 and i have a plus +17 wtd, ok .. if I am doing it right, (mona, check out my math, lol) none bought so far, lol

I will post the baby ghan on the appropriate thread, and leave a link here for you all mometarily!!

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/153561-neopolitan-delight-baby-ghan/

there ya go, check it out,... reminds me of ice cream or coconut candies!!

well, was busy lately with that ghan for charity that i finally edged, all in all, it used up 2 partials skeins, and one large ball of the lt. raspberry, so my score would be starting for this week, a + 5, i think, and then I used a few balls up, making random colors granny squares, in several sizes, so the ball count there, (they were smallish balls,but they went pretty far!) was 12, so far, so add another 12 to the 5 and i have a plus +17 wtd, ok .. if I am doing it right, (mona, check out my math, lol) none bought so far, lol

I will post the baby ghan on the appropriate thread, and leave a link here for you all mometarily!!

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/153561-neopolitan-delight-baby-ghan/

there ya go, check it out,... reminds me of ice cream or coconut candies!!

Your count is correct. The ghan is pretty--I agree with the neopolitan ice cream!

Finished up another ball on my scrap squares! +3 for the week now... This CAL is great motivation... this is the ONLY  progress I've made on that ghan since the last time I was in this CAL!  :lol

I would just like to share that I went into Michaels yesterday and all their yarn was on sale and I bought NONE OF IT!  :eek  Go me!! 

Also, side note... they should really redo some of their display swatches... they've been fondled a few too many times and are at the point of looking way too grubby to really sell the yarn! Lol!

I just finished this & rolled the remainder of Spring Green into a small ball, so at least I am on board this week!!

+1 so far!

attachicon.gifIMG_0341.JPG

That scarf and hat turned out great!  My kids play Minecraft... my son was just talking to me the other day about how he could possibly craft a peanut butter & jelly sandwich in the game... we decided you'd have to put bread on the top and bottom three squares, peanut butter on the outer two middle squares and jelly on the center square of the crafting table.  That is, provided you can actually craft all the ingredients first.  LOL

I just finished this & rolled the remainder of Spring Green into a small ball, so at least I am on board this week!!

+1 so far!

attachicon.gifIMG_0341.JPG

Cute set!

I would just like to share that I went into Michaels yesterday and all their yarn was on sale and I bought NONE OF IT!  :eek  Go me!! 

Also, side note... they should really redo some of their display swatches... they've been fondled a few too many times and are at the point of looking way too grubby to really sell the yarn! Lol!

Great willpower! I have a hard time resisting sales.

Here's a picture of it.

Pretty blanket--I like the colors!

Archived