2015 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I started off with a bang and then kind of sputtered out, so... 

WTD +6   YTD -7

Hoping to keep it up for next week! I'm determined to get in the positive for the year! 

Looks like I'm not too late to put in my totals!  I'm finishing up my scarf for my event this month, but didn't manage to use up a skein, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +0 YTD -36

:c9

GOLD MEDAL! ~~ SamT87  +21

TIE FOR SILVER MEDAL! ~~ Bailey4  +6 AND yarn_monkey  +6

BRONZE MEDAL! ~~ greyhoundgrandma  +5

katyallen8090  +4

pliefeld  +2

VikingRunnerGirl  +1

BigPinkPolkaDot  +0

Braxxi  +0

HollyzHobbyz  +0

jessicali  +0

PBLKNP  +0

pineknott  +0

randib82  +0

yarnscrapper  +0

momma2five2014  -3

howieann  -6

Addicted2patterns  -8

SHOOT THE MOON! ~~ owlvamp  -12

YTD scores for 1/31/15:

Gold Medal Winner: katyallen8090 +44

Silver Medal Winner: SamT87 +41

Bronze Medal Winner: VikingRunnerGirl +6

randib82 +4

yarnscrapper +3

Ellie 13 +2

Bailey4 +1

momma2five2014 +1

pineknott 0

yarn_monkey -7

HollyzHobbyz -15

howieann -20

pliefeld -22

owlvamp -31

PBLKNP -36

Braxxi -38

Addicted2patterns -41

greyhoundgrandma -41

BigPinkPolkaDot -63

January's Shoot the Moon Winner: Shannart -119

Thanks for posting the scores, Braxxi! Looks like it was something of a slow crocheting week for most.

Congrats to all who ended the month in the positive or holding steady! I hope I can join that group in a few months!

I forgot to post my score this week, but it wouldn't have made a difference overall so I'll just carry mine to next week. 

Happy February, everyone!!  :yes

You forgot to add me, but it's O.K. I only had + 2 for WTD and YTD. Last Mon. the market was  :loco. It was like the day before Thanks Giving and Christmas combined. It  :snow  Mon. night into Tue. so there was a driving ban. The market actually closed ( :yay snow day!). Wed. was slow, so I got to go home early, I guess everyone was digging out. Thur. - Sat. was little :loco again, as they're saying :2snow again. I :crocheting a lot, but forgot to add it to my + 2. I could have had a better score, maybe even a medal :oops. I'll use it to start Feb. off on the plus side, as I need to get more :yarn for a scarf I started. I also made some flower squares and a potholder. I used 4 balls and rolled a skein down (+ 5) :cheer . I'll try to get more points before Sat. and remember to post again at the end of the week.

WTD: + 5  YTD: + 7 

Ellie 13

You forgot to add me, but it's O.K. I only had + 2 for WTD and YTD. Last Mon. the market was  :loco. It was like the day before Thanks Giving and Christmas combined. It  :snow  Mon. night into Tue. so there was a driving ban. The market actually closed ( :yay snow day!). Wed. was slow, so I got to go home early, I guess everyone was digging out. Thur. - Sat. was little :loco again, as they're saying :2snow again. I :crocheting a lot, but forgot to add it to my + 2. I could have had a better score, maybe even a medal :oops. I'll use it to start Feb. off on the plus side, as I need to get more :yarn for a scarf I started. I also made some flower squares and a potholder. I used 4 balls and rolled a skein down (+ 5) :cheer . I'll try to get more points before Sat. and remember to post again at the end of the week.

WTD: + 5  YTD: + 7 

Ellie 13

Sorry I missed you--thought I went back far enough! I've added your +2 to the YTD.

Well I just bought 6 skeins of yarn online that should come in this week. So I'm already at -12 for the week. So if anyone is tempted to buy yarn this week, you can get at least 5 skeins without shooting the moon!! 

I bought 7 skeins of yarn to finish off blanket and daughter just brought me over 10 skeins. -34 and I was WTD +2 = -32 so far for this week. I thought I was going to do good but it doesnt look that way. I need to start to seriously crocheting some of these skeins this week. Or I will be way way over the moon.

haha, you lucky yarn hoarder you!!!

Hey, question, i hve been reading some posts here, and noticed that one point is given for rolling what is left of a skein into a ball, is that correct? I hven't done that as of yet, i have just been counting the balls i USED, lol, and the partial skeins, or what is left of them, I just throw in the ball basket, soooooooo, should I start counting one point for ech ball I roll now too, goodness, this is getting so confusing, lol

haha, you lucky yarn hoarder you!!!

Hey, question, i hve been reading some posts here, and noticed that one point is given for rolling what is left of a skein into a ball, is that correct? I hven't done that as of yet, i have just been counting the balls i USED, lol, and the partial skeins, or what is left of them, I just throw in the ball basket, soooooooo, should I start counting one point for ech ball I roll now too, goodness, this is getting so confusing, lol

If you don't finish a skein, but it's a floppy mess and you roll it into a ball, you count 1 point then, and then 1 point when you use the ball up. Or if you don't roll it into a ball, you can just count 2 points when you use up the whole skein.

Archived