2013 Stashbusting CAL

tnkycrochetnut

I'm in!! I need to use up some stash, but I have this weakness for yarn. LOL It is also a good thing this did not start before Christmas or I would really be in trouble. I recieved yarn for Christmas gifts. :lol Which is the most welcomed gift of all.

Can't wait to get started!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has not been a great week for me. I didn't accomplish much, 1st my mom got sick and I had to hospitalize her, she's doing much better, then I got sick, I have the flu so going to the hospital has become a problem for me. My mom is 93 and my sister lives in Calgary Alberta, she flew to Hamilton, but flies back home tonight. My brother lives in Campbellford Ontario which is about a 4 hour drive from Hamilton, so he's not much help either.

But all that aside, I finished 6 more baby beanies and used up 2 more skeins of yarn, 1 full skein and 1 part skein, so I quess my numbers are

WTD: +3, YTD: +11

Went to Michael's last week. Found a nice yellow to go with the blue/green yarn (-2). I decided to put the afghan squares on hold and work on a scarf. Since it's going into a Yankee Swap, I should make it in colors that would work for anyone. I'm using brown, tan and white. So far I've used 2 small balls white/brown (+2) :cheer. The tan is a pounder so it'll take forever to use enough to count :sigh.

WTD: 0 YTD: + 1

Ellie 13

Not a lot of crocheting this week, I have hab some kind of bug. I have two afghans going at the moment, but both are in the early stages, so only a little yarn used up. Michaels had red heart soft buy one get one free, and i needed more yarn for the current afghan so I will probably be bringing up the rear again this week.

WTD:-10 YTD:-36

I have been crocheting this week. I am working on a scarf to match a hat I had completed. The hat has some FPDC stitches and I wanted the scarf to have some also. After several starts I finally got the scarf to look the way I wanted it to. Since I have to turn at the end of each row I do FPDC stitch on one row and then on the next row I do BPDC. This gives me a raised ridge on one side of the scarf.

My score for the week of 1/12/13 is:

WTD: 0 YTD: 0

I was tempted by an ad at Joann.com but I managed to resist. So even though I have not used up enough yarn to count, I at least did not add anymore to my stash.

Busy week; not much hooky time... but I did manage to roll two skeins down to balls, so my score is:

WTD +2 / YTD +17 week ending 1/12/2013

Archived