2013 Stashbusting CAL

tnkycrochetnut

We will have a new Stashbusting CAL for 2013. I will be the moderator as CLLinda is battling breast cancer. Speaking from my own battle with breast cancer, chemo and radiation treatments can take a lot out of you. Please keep CLLinda in your thoughts and prayers as she goes through these treatments.

Please begin to sign up for this CAL. I will post a list of members as they sign up. We have a lot of fun with this CAL especially seeing who is the best at stashbusting and who is best at stashbuilding. Yes it seems when we go shopping at any place that sells yarn (including various web sites), skeins of yarn just seem to jump off of shelves and into our shopping carts. Besides saying our name as they jump into our shopping carts, the skeins of yarn can be heard begging us to take them home with us. It seems they are happier in our homes even if they are stashed in any nook or cranny we can find in our homes.

The rules will be the same as last year.

Scorekeeping

For every skein of yarn you use up completely, you get two (2) points.
For every skein of yarn that you roll into a ball, you get one (1) point.
For every ball of yarn you use up, you get one (1) point.

For every skein of yarn you buy, receive, or inherit, you lose two (2) points.
For every ball of yarn you buy, receive, or inherit, you lose one (1) point.

A skein of yarn is a brand new bundle that you have bought at a store or its equivalent. If you do roll it into smaller cakes or balls, it will still count as two (2) points when you use them completely. You count points for yarn that you use in crocheting, knitting, crafting or give away.

Posting Scores

Make your scores easy to read. It helps to use larger fonts and colors, like this:

WTD: +5 YTD: +25

The WTD stands for "Week to Date" and the YTD stands for "Year to Date."

The one who uses the most yarn for the week receives the Gold, second place is silver, and third is bronze. The one who adds the most yarn to their stash for the week is the "Shoot the Moon" winner. The "Shoot the Moon" winner has the privilege of posting the scores for the next week. Please post your weekly score by midnight Saturday. The scorekeeper will post them on Sunday. In the past it has been requested they be posted by 8:00 am Sunday with the provision if this is not possible for that week's scorekeeper, they notify the group. For 2013 let's say the scores be posted between 12 noon and 3:00 pm going by the time zone for where the scorekeeper lives. For instance I live in the Central Time Zone.

Good to Know

When 2013 begins everyone's score will be zero (0). You do not have to count what is in your stash at the first of the year. :cheer:clap:yay Since this is an ongoing CAL, you can join at any time during the year. When you join you do not have to count your stash, you will start at zero (0). For some of us (Me) counting our stash would be impossible. :eek:think Please post your weekly stashbusting score in your signature line. I find this helpful for me rather than try to keep up with it written down on paper.

If you can think of anything else that needs to be added please pm me. Let's have lots of fun either stashbusting or stashbuilding in 2013.

Membership List 2013

Addicted2patterns
Angel Fairy
Bailey4

beccalovely
BigPinkPolkaDot
Braxxi
CLLinda
crsheridan
crabby rat
crafty Jen

crochetlady2012
cshort
Crafty Witch
counted94

deanna6812
detroitdeb
Ellie 13

fc1123
FrLopLady
greyhoundgrandma
HollyzHobbyz
homesteadingwife

ImmaFreek
jessicali

Just In
kittyloverdeb

Krazycrocheter
KraftynKrazy

Krazy Kitty
lhasaapsolady
Marsh Rice
MamawNaNa
MuumMom
mva5493
owlvamp
PBLKNP
pineknott
prettywoman030981
saffronangel
Shining Star
Skoggy

tlisley
tnkycrochetnut
unicorn37757

VikingRunnerGirl

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Meeeeee!! I was a much better girl last year than 2011. This is something that really helps me

Good for you.:clap:yay:clap It looks like I am going to end up "worser" (Okay I know that is not proper English.) than I did in 2011. But that is why I love this CAL, it helps to keep me accountable. Plus I love reading about everyone's stashbusting/stashbuilding escapades.

So let me ask this....do you have to update your weekly score every week? I mean, say for instance I am working on an afghan with 4 different colors and I haven't used up all of the 4 skeins yet that week....do I still update? :think

:clap:clap:clap:clap I'm in. Actually had a positive score this year.

Deb, if you even just roll one skein down to a ball you can update. There is no have to's. We just do this for fun (and to hold ourselves accountable if we go nuts buying yarn). There have been several weeks that I haven't updated because I had nothing to report.

No pressure.

It makes sense to me to not update your weekly score if you have nothing to report. I wish I had thought of that a few weeks ago. During the month of October and most of November I was going to physical therapy for lymphedema in my left arm. My left arm was wrapped to get the swelling to go down. During the time it was wrapped, I could not do anything with that arm. No crocheting whatsoever so each week I posted a big fat 0 zero.

Welcome to crsheridan. It's always nice to have someone new join us. Now that your question has been answered kittyloverdeb, do you want to join us. It's lots of fun. Welcome back FrLopLady and saffronangel.

I'm looking forward to another year of stash busting/stash building! If I could improve my score next year as much as I did this year from 2011, I would actually end up in the positives. But I won't told my breath for that to happen.

I'm looking forward to another year of stash busting/stash building! If I could improve my score next year as much as I did this year from 2011, I would actually end up in the positives. But I won't told my breath for that to happen.

:lol:lol:lol I resemble that remark! but, if I improved as much as I did this past year..I'd still be in the negative..but not by a lot! :hook

Yep! I'm in too! :clap Lord knows I need all the help I can get with getting my stash down! :lol The boys at work got me a gift card from Hobby Lobby....maybe I need to use it before the new year starts! :devil

Definitely a good excuse to go shopping!

I'm in, This year I use up a lot of yarn and I turn a lot of skeins into small balls too. I have a container

on the computer desk (mostly where I crochet. every time I finish a project I put the weaved ends and the small yarn balls in there it's full so I'll emptied it out on at the beginning of the year and start all over again. I also got one for cross stitching floss.

Just to let everyone know I have started a list of all the ones who want to participate in the Stashbusting CAL :bounce:bow. I will just add the list at the end of the first post in this thread. Let's see what kind of Stashbusting :bounce:bow or Stashbuilding :oops:shrug is done in 2013.

I sure hope more of you come and join us. It is a fun way to see how much yarn you are using..umm or stashing! If you are a total yarn addict and somewhat competitive it does help control the urges..well at least a little bit

I sure hope more of you come and join us. It is a fun way to see how much yarn you are using..umm or stashing! If you are a total yarn addict and somewhat competitive it does help control the urges..well at least a little bit

I agree. It's fun to see what others for acquiring and using up. It helps keep me focused--at least somewhat--on using up what I have instead of buying more (unless it's on sale!).

Archived