2013 Stashbusting CAL

tnkycrochetnut

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep! I'm in too! :clap Lord knows I need all the help I can get with getting my stash down! :lol The boys at work got me a gift card from Hobby Lobby....maybe I need to use it before the new year starts! :devil

I was just thinking....all of Joanns yarn goes on sale tomorrow...perhaps I need to stock up? :blush

I don't know...I always end up the year "in the red" so to speak!!!

:blush :blush :blush

I expect to be in the red..just hopefully less in the red than last year. I seriously think this helps me not be quite so impulsive :lol

I will try this in 2013. Can't always guarantee that I can post, depending on how Chemo is treating me each week, but I'm going to try.

Best of luck to each person that signs up. Enjoy the game!

:manyheart

I finished a skein on a baby blanket....+2. Then spent a good portion of this afternoon inventorying my yarn. Still have a box of misc yarn, a box of thread and various scattered skeins to go, but the count so far is 479, plus the yarn to make 3 specific afghans. At least now, I have a better idea of what I have; if I can just remember to mark off stuff as I use it!

I'm being inundated! Now, I just got an email from a good friend who has a bunch of Cascade 220 that she wants to get rid of, as she was going to use it, but doesn't have time to, as she bought some other yarn she'd rather use more.

:devil :devil :c9

Used 2 skeins making my dog a replacement blanket/toy. He tore a huge hole in his and it was unraveling fast! Nice way to start the new year off!!!!

I gave up on crocheting for our pet, Prissy the coon, after I made her a couple of sleeping pads and she ripped holes in them!

I'm being inundated! Now, I just got an email from a good friend who has a bunch of Cascade 220 that she wants to get rid of, as she was going to use it, but doesn't have time to, as she bought some other yarn she'd rather use more.

:devil :devil :c9

Wow! Lots of new yarn and no money spent!

I gave up on crocheting for our pet, Prissy the coon, after I made her a couple of sleeping pads and she ripped holes in them!

I learned my lesson with our puppy. I made one when he was tiny and it was just single strand. He tore through that one FAST. His last one I held 4 strands together and it lasted about 6 months, so I did that again. Luckily he's a chihuahua, so I don't have to make it very big!

I kinda dropped out of last years CAL after I lost track of what I'd bought and used. I try again this year. Dang, I'm probably going to start out in the negatives because I'm looking for thread/yarn to make a couple of sets of antimacassars for my mom and it doesn't look like I'm finding it before midnight tonight.

Time for me to join in on the fun. I have way too many WIP's, a few UFO's that will be finished or ended and I went through my variegated stash on Sunday, let's just say I can crochet lot's of afghans with no additional yarn.:blush. I am increasing my daily crochet time during the work week to 2hrs for a new years resolution, or my team may be short another tech before the end of 2013. Oh wait that bomb shell gets dropped within 2 weeks. Oh well.

OK off to crochet then get some sleep. Some of us start work @ 7am for New Years coverage. Happy New Year every one

Laua

Hi! I'm Peg. I'm new. My Husband things a Stashbash is a very, very, very good idea. Especially since I bought six skeins of Christmas yarn yesterday. But it was half price!!! How could I resist??? Actually, I was doing pretty good until we moved four years ago, and he discovered how much yarn I actually had. So I'm going to attempt to be positive this year. At least that's what I'll tell him . . .

Hi! I'm Peg. I'm new. My Husband things a Stashbash is a very, very, very good idea. Especially since I bought six skeins of Christmas yarn yesterday. But it was half price!!! How could I resist??? Actually, I was doing pretty good until we moved four years ago, and he discovered how much yarn I actually had. So I'm going to attempt to be positive this year. At least that's what I'll tell him . . .

:welcome to the 'Ville and the stashbusting/building CAL. This is my first year in this CAL - hoping it will help me to use up yarn faster than I buy it. Ha!

Hi there!

I'm new to this Stashbusting thing. My stash just keeps building and I've figured I need something like this CAL to get me motivated to keep my stash down to a reasonable level. So I'm going to sign up for it if thats ok? :)

Welcome Skoggy!!! I just finished adding the membership list to the first post of this thread. I will add your name now. Here's to a good year of Stashbusting or Stashbuilding.

Archived