Ellie 13 0

cshort 0

Having Fun Stashbuilding

PBLKNP -2

Addicted2Patterns -4

mva5493 -10

SHOOT THE MOON

Braxxi -26

Braxxi I now pass the Shoot the moon torch to you my friend! Great job everyone!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well at least I was consistent, lol. I plan to stay away from yarn this week (or more accurately places that sell it).

Question: how do we handle yarn that we gift to someone else??? I sometimes take yarn I am not going to use to my knitting/crochet group. And I am considering a donation to a local nursing home as well.

well at least I was consistent, lol. I plan to stay away from yarn this week (or more accurately places that sell it).

Question: how do we handle yarn that we gift to someone else??? I sometimes take yarn I am not going to use to my knitting/crochet group. And I am considering a donation to a local nursing home as well.

It counts as yarn used. Doesn't matter how it leaves your stash, it counts. If you use it by crocheting, knitting, donating, gifting, or just throwing away (I had to do that with some my puppy got ahold of and destroyed), if it leaves your stash, it counts!!

Have I ever mentioned that my dh fully supports my yarn habit? I got home from work this afternoon to find a huge box from UPS. My hubby ordered me some yarn fromEbay. :lol yep. 82 skeins of bernat satin!

post-65347-135897796705_thumb.jpg

So my score so far is -164. But I used up a skein earlier today finishing up some chair socks..... Soooo -162.

Did I mention I love my hubby lol. But he is killing my stashbusting!!!!:D:D:D

yep. 82 skeins of bernat satin!

Andrea, I think you just might be in the running for shooting the moon this week. It sure would be fun to give you a run for your money though. It must be fun to have all those colors to choose from! Any idea what you'll make with all your new yarn??? Inquiring minds want to know! :hook

Yay! It counts, that's even more incentive to give. Although I do get lots of warm fuzzy feelings seeing others delighted sequels when I give it away. Must be what I look like when someone gives me yarn. :lol

I stopped by my local big lots tonight and found 10 skeins (50 gram) of some pretty rust/orange varigated that maybe just what I am looking for in the sunset afghan I am working on. so even though it's minus right now, I am hoping none of it will be left to stitch by Sat. rolling it into a yarn cake now so I can see if it will work with the rest.

Shining Star/Andrea, your husband is a keeper despite his best efforts to sabotage your stashbusting. My hubby doesn't mind me buying yarn. But he has never bought any for me off of ebay either. Although quite a few years ago at a WalMart I came across some big skeins (16oz) of Red Heart that were marked down quite a bit. I was just going to buy a couple of each color. There were only about 3 or 4 colors but he encouraged me to buy more of each color. I don't remember how many I did buy but it was a bunch that day. There are lots and lots of pretty colors in the yarn that he bought for you. What fun you are going to have choosing what things to make with such pretty colors.

I am most definitely excited. I am already using one of the skeins to make my 5 year old daughter some leg warmers. And she was sitting there picking out more colors for more leg warmers LOL. I will definitely be making some round ripples, I want to try a gingham and also try my hand at entralac. I have so many projects I want to do I don't know where to start! LOL

:lol:lolYep. He did it again 34 comes of chenille! I guess if I am going to shoot the moon I am going to do it with style! -230 for the week so far. Oh I love my hubby lol:clap

:lol:lol I wonder if this will be a record?? :eek:eek :cheer:cheer:cheer

He is a keeper!

:lol:lolYep. He did it again 34 comes of chenille! I guess if I am going to shoot the moon I am going to do it with style! -230 for the week so far. Oh I love my hubby lol:clap

:drool:drool:drool:drool:drool

Archived