2013 Stashbusting CAL

tnkycrochetnut

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished the blanket and another skein.....+5 now. It's the first time I've had a substantial amount of yarn left over from a kit. It came with 4 skeins and only used three of them with a little left of the third.

My 4 kits came today from Mary Maxim----23 skeins. Soooo, now my score is -41. One kit is small skeins, so I guess I need to start with it.

Why is it, that with ALL this yarn I have, I never have enough of one or two colors to finish an afghan. I am working on an afghan for my parents and had to order more yarn to finish it. It is not here yet, but I will post when it is.

My 4 kits came today from Mary Maxim----23 skeins. Soooo, now my score is -41. One kit is small skeins, so I guess I need to start with it.

I started the white baby blanket and used up a skein. They are only 1.75 oz, but it's a fine weight yarn, so it's going fairly fast, but not zooming!  -39

I'm in again! I thought "oh boy, twelve pages already?! Well, I can get caught up on twelve pages!" Except I can't, not tonight. Too much headache-y.

I sort of dropped off Crochetville at the end of last year but today I just signed up for one of the Mastermind classes, so I'm planning to be more active again! I've got a loooot of yarn I need to get through... Going to have to work hard!

Why is it, that with ALL this yarn I have, I never have enough of one or two colors to finish an afghan. I am working on an afghan for my parents and had to order more yarn to finish it. It is not here yet, but I will post when it is.

YES. I have so much to use up, but I can feel in my bones that whatever I start with stash yarn, I will end up needing to buy more to finish it....

I think we all have this issue, however I tell myself that if I don't have it in my stash it means that I have used it  on a different project  ansd as long as I only buy what I need  it's OK

Made some head bands last night. So there's a point. Made most of a scarf with a really funky chunky/skinny combo yarn and got almost to the end and realized I dropped multiple stitches throughout, Had to frog down to about the first 10 rows. I hate this yarn but need to use it up. I guess I need to count stitches for a stupid plain old dc scarf... grrr... I'm too ADD to count stitches...

Used up a skein I had left over from last years doll projects on a vest for this year's doll project last night.  Then I counted the skeins that came with the Mary Maxim doll kits I ordered so I'm down -10 for the week so far. :lol  :lol  :lol

I started the white baby blanket and used up a skein. They are only 1.75 oz, but it's a fine weight yarn, so it's going fairly fast, but not zooming!  -39

Making heart shaped dishcloths. Rolled a skein into a ball....-38 now.

I was really hoping to get the 4 afghan kits I ordered before today, but I didn't. Here's my score for the week...

WTD +30

YTD +24

Working on some last minute things for the week. My bet is my nephew will be born tomorrow (so his daddy will have to watch the super bowl in the hospital lol) so I have to finish his blanket!! Getting to work on that today :)

The yarn I ordered for the afghan came in (-16) and I gave some scrap balls to a friend for squares she is making (+38). Combined with my +6 for the 3 skeins i used up earlier this week. Score for week ending 2/2/13 

WTD +28

YTD-236

Archived