2013 Stashbusting CAL

tnkycrochetnut

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been working on smaller projects so I was beginning to wonder if I'd ever finish off any of my stash.  However, I did finish off a ball of yarn working on Easter projects today.  That makes me +1 for the week so far.

I got it from Ravelry Here!!     -------->   http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/stash-buster-tote

It's well worth buying the pattern. It was my female friends' Christmas presents in 2011 and last year I used Sue's cotton market bag. I've gotten lots of compliments on both bags.

It's well worth buying the pattern. It was my female friends' Christmas presents in 2011 and last year I used Sue's cotton market bag. I've gotten lots of compliments on both bags.

Might I add that it is a highly addictive pattern!! it's a well written easy to follow pattern, that works up super quick.  I think my last count I made 9 of these. They make great gifts, I use then as project bags also. love them 

Might I add that it is a highly addictive pattern!! it's a well written easy to follow pattern, that works up super quick.  I think my last count I made 9 of these. They make great gifts, I use then as project bags also. love them 

I think my count is over a dozen. My son got married in Denver last year and after several groups has arrived with luggage that included the tote, the bellhop asked my friend where could he get one of those.

Used up 5 little balls making a lovey for my cousin's baby. Decided to crochet curtains for the window above my sink. I like to let light in, but the sun gets in my eyes horribly in the afternoon. We will see how it turns out. Using some weird yarn I was given. It was already in balls, so idk what kind it is, but it's the perfect maroon color for my kitchen.

I am making headway on this score of mine!! Used up 1 skein of soft baby blue & turned another into a ball. 

So this puts me at WTD; -11 & YTD; +3 so far for this week!

I LOVE making this bag!! It's the Stashbuster Tote!! 

Turned out great!  BUT A WARNING!  THIS IS A DANGEROUS PATTERN, KNOWN TO TAKE UP LOTS OF YARN AND TIME AND ONCE YOU MAKE ONE IT'S LIKE POTATO CHIPS!  I believe I lost count of mine somewhere around 40 :D  Do try variegated yarn for the middle section with a solid color, even using 2 colors you don't think will work together, because it will!

Well ended up with WTD ending 2/2 as -2 and then ytd is something lol  Have to check my siggy and edit...YTD -2

well today I blew that up a bit more.  I bought 4 skeins of cotton to make some dishclothes while traveling this weekend.  I did end up using up some as well.

4 skeins of cotton and 8 skeins of RHSS at $2.19/skein!  ok it was on sale and I suckered in on it.  That would give me a -24.  But, while traveling today I used up some and managed to roll 3 balls so -21 so far this week

uh oh... Joann's order came in.  7 skeins...  

So now I am up to -35, but I should be able to use up a few small balls tonight..but not enough to eliminate that!

I seem to be in a slump this week.  After working so much on that yarn monster I don't seem to have the desire to stitch this week :(  Trying to get some motivation and share at the same time lol,   I won my copy of this tote pattern, but liked it enough to purchase another for a friend. :)

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/mva5493/stash-buster-tote-2

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/mva5493/stash-buster-tote-6

Turned out great!  BUT A WARNING!  THIS IS A DANGEROUS PATTERN, KNOWN TO TAKE UP LOTS OF YARN AND TIME AND ONCE YOU MAKE ONE IT'S LIKE POTATO CHIPS!  I believe I lost count of mine somewhere around 40 :D  Do try variegated yarn for the middle section with a solid color, even using 2 colors you don't think will work together, because it will!

This is the second one that I have made!! The first, I gave to my mom for Christmas of 2011 - She uses it all the time (she's a teacher so she carries her work in it) and she loves it!! For hers, I did purple & grey for the bottom & top, then 2 shades of purple for the middle. I will definitely use your suggestion of a variegated yarn for the middle!! I am not so great when it comes to pairing colors up :) 

So now I am up to -35, but I should be able to use up a few small balls tonight..but not enough to eliminate that!

used up 4 balls and 2 skeins last night and this morning.  Working on one more dishcloth that I am hoping will use up the last of 2 more skeins.  I forgot how fast a ball of cotton goes!!

-35 +8 = wtd so far -27

I am making headway on this score of mine!! Used up 1 skein of soft baby blue & turned another into a ball. 

So this puts me at WTD; -11 & YTD; +3 so far for this week!

I LOVE making this bag!! It's the Stashbuster Tote!! 

I just bumped up a thread in the CAL's Crochet tote addicts..there are just a FEW SBT there!  ok a lot of them are mine too :lol 

used up 4 balls and 2 skeins last night and this morning.  Working on one more dishcloth that I am hoping will use up the last of 2 more skeins.  I forgot how fast a ball of cotton goes!!

-35 +8 = wtd so far -27

ok Joann sale and I went to Hillsboro OR today and their selection is 4-5 x's bigger than my store.  20% off everything...sigh...  7 more skeins 

week ending 2/9 WTD -45 YTD: -47

Sorry score keeper..it won't let me make it larger or change the color :thinking

I just bumped up a thread in the CAL's Crochet tote addicts..there are just a FEW SBT there!  ok a lot of them are mine too :lol

I KNEW there was a CAL thread in there - I could NOT find it!! Thank you :) 

Again, crocheting and trying to finish two prayer shawls, but they're both at the finishing point now -- weaving in ends, borders and sewing on embellishments.  I can't seem to use up any yarn for either of them or for my son's afghan.  Oh well, some weeks, or months, are just like that for me.

For week ending Feb. 9, 2013:

WTD:  0  /  YTD:  +4

Well numbers have changed tremendously. 1 little shopping trip netted me 8 cotton peaches and creme and 2 redheart..BUT just got the text from walmart, yarn just came in for my wishlist person and some O ordered, really would like to turn in numbers before I go get it, LOL..I have used 3 on dishcloths, 2 on afghans, so I am gonna go wayyyyy back.

I bought the skein and used it up

for some reason I'm confused,does that bring me to 0 or +2

I'll wait a bit to put my total post,till someone lets me know which way is right,thanks

When you bought it, that's -2; when you used it, that's +2 which equals 0. Assuming that was all in the same week.

Archived