2013 Stashbusting CAL

tnkycrochetnut

Mine did not get posted, last week I was unable to get logged in and stay logged in over the weekend with the updates, this week...ummm I forgot, Mine are in my signature, but didnt remember about putting here till I was reading points again. So sorry                       

WEEK1 FOR ME WAS TOTAL 7WTD AND YTD7

WEEK 2 FOR ME WAS TOTAL 16 WTD  AND YTD 23

Jeanni

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought I had more time to post and when I was about to post
my  score, my kindle went dead, so here is my score:

-2 because I had to buy the one pound of love from lion brand
+17 so that would be

WTD+15 for the week of 02/2/201 :cheer3

I am making headway on this score of mine!! Used up 1 skein of soft baby blue & turned another into a ball. 

So this puts me at WTD; -11 & YTD; +3 so far for this week!

I LOVE making this bag!! It's the Stashbuster Tote!! 

post-46820-0-05683300-1359996230_thumb.jpg

So this weekend I bought 3 and crochet 3 (scarves and headbands for an outreach for my church) so I broke even. I think that counts for something.  :lol

I am making headway on this score of mine!! Used up 1 skein of soft baby blue & turned another into a ball. 

That is a pretty bag.

Found a super quick pattern for ear warmers/head bands. I have all these small skeins of super bulky yarn that it's turning out to be perfect for! Crochet up 2 skeins just today! Yay!

Well, my score is safe. The lady sold the yarn out from under me. It was frustrating. She only said 2 large totes, so I asked what kind and approximately how much so I could offer a fair price. I didn't want to offer $5 for hundreds of dollars of yarn. And she didn't respond until this evening and all she could say was "it sold". Grrrrr. I can't stand people that do business like that.

I'm on the last row and half (last color) of a 2 strand baby rainbow ripple kit. It has worked up quickly, but unfortunately for stash busting it came with 7 skeins and I've only used up 1 and rolled 2 into balls. I think the last color will go into a ball when I'm through with it.   +4 so far this week.

I had some old rug yarn (5 skeins) in the stash so I used it to make a blankie for the pups +10! I also gave another ball to a friend that was wanting to try some chenille out +1! Going great so far this week!

+11 as of now.

Hopefully I will be finishing up a few more skeins on the afghan for my parents as well, but hubby is threatening to buy more yarn :lol ! I swear that man is going to bury me in yarn, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

Ordered 12 skeins of RHSS online today for the blanket I'll be making for our county fair!! Now to just wait and see how long it will take to get it in! So much for a positive score!! Lol.

This is the blanket I'll be making and the colors I'm using. The black will be the same, but instead of white, it will be RAINBOW!!!

post-55092-0-41212100-1360102655_thumb.jpg

Ordered 12 skeins of RHSS online today for the blanket I'll be making for our county fair!! Now to just wait and see how long it will take to get it in! So much for a positive score!! Lol.

This is the blanket I'll be making and the colors I'm using. The black will be the same, but instead of white, it will be RAINBOW!!!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

That should be really pretty! Very interesting pattern--is it crocheted?

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

That blanket is awesome. Where did you find the pattern?

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I saw this on pinterest and liked it enough to buy the book.  One of my many things to do.  Don't know if it was published in more than one place but my book  Woman's Day Crochet Showcase calls it  Galaxy afghan by Mary Ellen Thompson.  Vintage book published in Jan 1980.   can't wait to see yours in rainbow colors.  Not sure why but I am finding myself drawn to rainbows lately......

That should be really pretty! Very interesting pattern--is it crocheted?

That blanket is awesome. Where did you find the pattern?

Yeah, it's crocheted! I found it on Ravelry and had to track down an old copy of the book it's in. The book is from the 70s. Here is a link to it on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/093074814X/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

Started the afghan for the lady who gave me the yarn this morning - One skein down - Bringing my score so far to -10 for the week!! I'm making progress :)

I have a doctors appointment (32 weeks!!!) at 11am and an eye appointment at 2pm tomorrow so I'll have plenty of time after lunch to work on this!! SIL still not in labor yet so I won't have to go to the hospital to see her & my nephew. 

Here is a close up - One skein finished & it's 48 inches across and 9 top to bottom so it should finish around 5 feet by 4 feet. 

post-46820-0-70311400-1360118460_thumb.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

This is going to be beautiful!! Especially in those rainbow colors :)

I ordered yarn online for my wishlist person, so will be adding that in at the end of the week. but working on all these projects I hope to still come out ahead, although very very soon i will be needing to purchase which will probably be putting me in the negative. This is fun. keeps me rolling all this yarn that was getting tangled, although my ends come off a little and still tangel a little. i love the bag for the balls, I am using 1 of the breast cancer shopping bags I got from krogers. It works perfect for them, but it is full and have some in shelf. When I get time I am going to make 1.

I love the bag! Where can I get the pattern :think ?

I made a scarf but didn't use enough :yarn to count. I also made a lot of heart pins and used a ball of :yarn and rolled down a skein of thread (+2) :cheer . I hope to get more used before Sat.

WTD: + 2  YTD: + 3

Ellie 13

More stuff for my church charity project, scarf, cowl and a couple more earwarmer/headband thingys... I also made a Kindle cozy! +3 for yesterday!

I love the bag! Where can I get the pattern :think ?

I made a scarf but didn't use enough :yarn to count. I also made a lot of heart pins and used a ball of :yarn and rolled down a skein of thread (+2) :cheer . I hope to get more used before Sat.

WTD: + 2  YTD: + 3

Ellie 13

I got it from Ravelry Here!!     -------->   http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/stash-buster-tote

Archived