2013 Stashbusting CAL

tnkycrochetnut

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used up+13balls of yarn but then I was given a skein of yarn so that's -2 My score for the week ending in 01/26/2013

WTD +11 

Okay peoples! Final scores for the week ending

1/26/13:

Gold: mva5493  +20

Silver: Shining_Star +12

Bronze: AngelFairy +11

Using up Yarn:

lhasaapsolady +8

cshort +6

jessicali +6

prettywoman030981 +5

homesteading wife +5

Bailey4 +4

tnkycrochetnut +1

Holding Steady:

PBLKNP

pineknott

Adding to their stash:

MuumMom -1

dragonpuck -5

greyhoundgrandma -10

Addicted2Patterns-14

FrLopLady -14

crsheridan-20

Shoot the moon winner:

saffronangel -42

Ok, I need to confess.... on friday I received 17 skiens of yarn. 17 ?!?! The online yarn store I used was doing a bundle special offer... I couldn't resist it. So that means I get -34 :( However, I can now make some big things, like afghans and totes to bust it all!!!! :cheer

So I guess my score for this week total is WTD: -33 (because I was +1). Brings year total also to -33.

ugh.... needed yarn (yes :yes) for a round ripple to make it bigger. Double strand so hopefully they will go quick. A couple more skeins for hats because there was a 25% off coupon for Michaels. -14

Ok that is where I was on Monday.  I've used up 2 skeins on the afghan and one on a hat. So my score should be WTD -8 for the week 1/26 and 0 ytd

Okay... I know I'm too late to be "in the running" for this week, but that's okay because my score isn't anything spectacular... Anyway, I'm still trying to acclimate to this new format, and rather than roll this week's score into next week I figured I better go ahead and post my score.  I don't want to get too far behind or anything...

Last week I finished up a skein, but didn't get my scores posted so I figured I'd just add that to this week... This week, I used up another skein, and then purchased two skeins for a project I'm working on for the hubby... I also managed to roll two skeins down to balls ~ so in the end, my score was the same as last week!!... :rofl

So... my score is...

WTD +2 / YTD +19 week ending 1/26/2013

Have a great week, everyone!!  Happy Stashbusting!!  :manyheart

For 2 weeks in a row I have been at +6 - It is now my goal to make it ABOVE that +6 for this week!! Guess it's a good thing my 4 year old decides to get up at 6:15 on a morning his older brother stayed at my parents house & is going to school with them lol!! More crochet time in the day for me :))

oh the difference a day makes........Not even 24 hours after the scores were up I found myself in Michael's for more yarn for the current afghan........I am now calling it the 12 tentacle yarn monster, lol   I bought 6 skeins of vann's choice (scarlet)  for the last section of the sunset afghan.  Also found some Vanna's choice that was on clearance for $1.79.  These will match the mitts I made for dd who is waiting for a hood or cowl.  So 9 skeins total but I have already used the 6 in the previously mention yarn monster.  So even though I did buy some,  still using it up at a fast past.  Gotta love double stranded projects!!

http://bythehookcreations.blogspot.com/

oh the difference a day makes........Not even 24 hours after the scores were up I found myself in Michael's for more yarn for the current afghan........I am now calling it the 12 tentacle yarn monster, lol   I bought 6 skeins of vann's choice (scarlet)  for the last section of the sunset afghan.  Also found some Vanna's choice that was on clearance for $1.79.  These will match the mitts I made for dd who is waiting for a hood or cowl.  So 9 skeins total but I have already used the 6 in the previously mention yarn monster.  So even though I did buy some,  still using it up at a fast past.  Gotta love double stranded projects!!

http://bythehookcreations.blogspot.com/

Very nice!! Great job with the colors.

Yay! Used a skien on a hoody I'm making my cousins son. :) So that starts my week off with +2. :cheer  Time to slim down that ghastly minus score I have.

Finished a skein in a baby blanket.....+3 for the week.

I finished the blanket and another skein.....+5 now. It's the first time I've had a substantial amount of yarn left over from a kit. It came with 4 skeins and only used three of them with a little left of the third.

Archived