2013 Stashbusting CAL

tnkycrochetnut

I think I'm going to try this CAL this year. DH is supportive and has even been known to stop and pick me up yarn when I've run out for a project. However, I also know he'd love to see some decreases in the ever growing yarn bin farm.

My Bates Bamboo Thread hooks have FINALLY allowed me to crochet with thread so that has attacked my efforts to destash this week. However, my doll making projects are attacking my yarn piles. I even killed off a Pounder this week.

So if I'm caluculating this right I have 9 added for -18 three finished for +6 which would leave me with a total

-12 WTD so far

I'm still working so we'll have to see where I end up.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome Bailey4. Your calculations are correct. I know we are suppose to try for a positive score but getting those negative scores is so much fun. So much fun that I have ended in the negative both years I have been in this CAL. Maybe, just maybe, this will be my year. Happy crocheting.

I believe destashing also applies to thread? albeit it would go much more slowly! Someone please confirm??

Yes, I have counted thread in the past. I inherited some and have given some of it away--used only a tiny bit, since as you say, it goes very slowly.

Michaels called to me again today. Only left with 3 this time but I might go back tomorrow, they have sales on Caron and Lily and creams and I need to stock up or my dischcloths. :0) Haven't managed to use anything up yet.

WTD: -26

I finished another baby blanket and cap, but not the skein. Got the first set ready to mail to a friend. I've ordered 4 skeins of a discontinued baby yarn--I really love the color--but I don't expect it to arrive until next week. Unless I go back to making dishcloths, it looks like I won't have a score this week.

Michaels called to me again today. Only left with 3 this time but I might go back tomorrow, they have sales on Caron and Lily and creams and I need to stock up or my dischcloths. :0) Haven't managed to use anything up yet.

WTD: -26

It's always so funny how we are the only ones to hear "the call"... :lol

Hobby Lobby is doing that to me today as I will be close to 2 of them this weekend 3 hours away...so I don't always get the opportunity as the closest one is 2 hours away..but that one isn't close to my grandkids!

finally after kicking this idea around and trying several patterns and buying even more yarn I have significant progress on this afghan. It's for my Dad, when I asked what his favorite color was his response....the color of the sky at sunset, so I have been trying to represent sunset in an afghan.....I started out with something called catherine'e wheel, I have been wanting to make that one for some then but realized that wasn't giving me the look I was after. Next I started the prairie star and made lots of diamond shapes for it (pattern calls for about 200). Once again I found myself not really liking how the colors were playing with each other, and not giving me the look I am after.

So now I am working on a blended round ripple (If I just would have followed my instinct on this. I could probably be finished with it). So since I am working with 2 strands and an L hook I am using up yarn very fast now. Just finishing up the yellow section, that will be followed by by a section of blended oranges and finally a section of blended reds.

So after all that rambling, lol I have used up 4 skeins, wound 2 small balls, and used up 4 balls so far, I also purchased 5 more skeins for this afghan for the orange section....I hope to get that done by score reporting time so we will see....back to stitching for now.:crocheting:hook

and maybe end up with a blended blue and then to black.

I should take a picture of my tie dyed shirt that some gals do at my farmers market..not your grandmas tie dye lol. One of their specialty shirts is called sunset

and maybe end up with a blended blue and then to black.

I should take a picture of my tie dyed shirt that some gals do at my farmers market..not your grandmas tie dye lol. One of their specialty shirts is called sunset

I was thinking about blue but just had not got that fair I wanted to see how the colors played with each other first.

Thanks for the suggestion!!

Hobby Lobby is doing that to me today as I will be close to 2 of them this weekend 3 hours away...so I don't always get the opportunity as the closest one is 2 hours away..but that one isn't close to my grandkids!

Unfortunately Michaels is walking distance from my house! Plus I also have a Fred Meyer close as well. I am doomed! Heh :lol

Hi everyone, will join this group and give it a go, as my stash has now started to become a bit out of control. I taught myself to spin a few months ago and have over 10kg of fibre and handspun yarn :eek

I really want to get to use some of it, so this is the ideal group :cheer

Well, I received 3 balls of half skiens this week for my charity work to be made into squares. So I'm guessing its a -3 for me this week... so far.

Hi everyone, will join this group and give it a go, as my stash has now started to become a bit out of control. I taught myself to spin a few months ago and have over 10kg of fibre and handspun yarn :eek

:clap:clap YAY!!! :clap:clap:clap

Welcome to the group!

Archived