2013 Stashbusting CAL

tnkycrochetnut

I'm not sure how this works! Is there somewhere we send our totals, or do we post them here and someone goes through the posts and picks them up (that seems like alot of work). Also I'm not sure what the difference is between 2 pts for a finished ball (is this a ball we used start to finish) and a 1 pt ball is a ball left over from a previous project.

Regardless, here is my score, I had 3 balls I used start to finish, (6pts.)and 2 balls (2pts) used up from previous projects. So far I've made 28 newborn beenies, that I will send to the maternity hospital when I run out of baby yarn.

Each Saturday we post our scores for the week here in this thread. They are posted like this:

WTD: +6

By using a larger font and color its easier for the poster to pick up the scores.

Go back to the first post in this thread and you will find an explanation on how we arrive at our scores. For example 2 points when we use a complete skein of yarn, 1 point for each ball. There is also an explanation for what is a skein and what is a ball. If you still have questions after reading it, just post your question here and we will try to explain it to you.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wellll..... looks like I might be going down in flames this week. I had ordered a bunch chenille last week and it came in today so that boosted my score :blush and we went to hobby lobby today where I picked up some pretty varigateds for the Stashbusting totes and some cotton since I didn't have any ;).

I used 2 skeins earlier this week on a sweater for my daughter and a skein and a ball on a couple of beanies and mittens for my boys.... final total for the week:

WTD -55

Ouch! :eek

Nowhere to go but up, right?!?! :devil

ETA: Finished up a skein on a blanket.

Not too bad for the beginning of the year. I've managed to use up a skein. I'm going to be starting an afghan for a friend, which will necessitate a trip to the yarn store. But for now:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +2 YTD +2

:c9

Not a good sign but I am starting off negative. I am working on two afghans one as a gift for my Dad, the other is an afghan for DH one of my Christmas gifts to him was for his to be the next afghan I work on. He kept telling me he didn't want one, when in reality he wanted one but was waiting for me not to have others to do. Silly man has no clue there will probably never be a time I don't have either something ongoing or something I am planning.:hook So for his he of course wanted colors I didn't already have in my stash. The one for my Dad is another I had to purchase yarn for. I asked his favorite color and he tells me sunset. so I am working on a prairie star afghan in shades of red/orange/yellow. DH wants a log cabin afghan, so I think between the two even though I started out negative, both are yarn pigs so my score should rebound in no time.:devil

I gave 5 skeins of yarn to my son so he could make a scarf for a friend of his (they were small skeins) and I also used up 2 skeins and wound one down to a ball... so I'm off and running in 2013!! :cheer

Week ending 1/5/2013

WTD +15 / YTD +15

Say, I had a question...does any yarn we might hypothetically obtained between the final reporting on Sunday and January 1 count?

Excellent question! I don't know the "official" answer, but I'm going to say that we are starting this stashbusting CAL on the first, and that's when you start keeping track. :devil Of course, I could be wrong, and I can accept that - I also like to support my fellow yarn addicts... :manyheart So, I'd say anything you acquired between the "final accounting" of 2012 and the 1/1/2013 "official start" of this one would have to be "free"... Hope that helps!! LOL :hug

Excellent question! I don't know the "official" answer, but I'm going to say that we are starting this stashbusting CAL on the first, and that's when you start keeping track. :devil Of course, I could be wrong, and I can accept that - I also like to support my fellow yarn addicts... :manyheart So, I'd say anything you acquired between the "final accounting" of 2012 and the 1/1/2013 "official start" of this one would have to be "free"... Hope that helps!! LOL :hug

Thanks! :devil

A friend gave me some of her Cascade 220 stash, as she got something swankier to work with, and wanted to keep the peace with her husband, who was complaining she had too much stash. :lol

OOOOO if we can do that then I am at +2!

First this CAL started officially as of 1/1/2013. If you acquired yarn between the last posting date of 12/29/2012 and 1/1/2013, I agree you do not need to report it.

Now onto the scores for the week ending 1/5/2013: (Drum roll, please)

Gold: Braxxi +20

Silver: crabby rat +15

Bronze: dragonpuck +9

Using Up Yarn

Muum Mom +1

Ellie 13 +1

cshort +2

PBLKNP +2

lhasaapsolady +2

FrLopLady +2

crsheridan +3

Angel Fairy +3

skoggy +4

greyhoundgrandma +4

prettywoman 30981 +4

Crocheting but no yarn to count

saffron angel 0

pineknott 0

tnkycrochetnut 0

BigPinkPolkaDot 0

kraftynkrazy 0

unicorn37757 0

Having Fun Stashbuilding

mva5493 -26

SHOOT THE MOON

Shining Star -55

Shining Star you will post the scores next week. Have a good week everyone.

LOL. Thanks FrLopLady! I knew I was going to shoot the moon this week, although, I was hoping you would rush in to save me at the last minute! LOL. Yep, I have got to get to work on this stash... although, I could use some more varigated yarn...... hehehe

Well, Mary, might as well stock up now. That gives you the whole year to bring it back to the positives. Unfortunately, I have made little progress so far. Been too sick to do much of anything this week. Even had to go to the ER. Found out it's an upper respiratory infection. Can't even summon the energy to pick up my :hook:eek. Well, starting to feel a little better might even try today. But for now think I'll just go back to bed.

:( Hope you get to feeling better saffron! It stinks being sickly!

First this CAL started officially as of 1/1/2013. If you acquired yarn between the last posting date of 12/29/2012 and 1/1/2013, I agree you do not need to report it.

Now onto the scores for the week ending 1/5/2013: (Drum roll, please)

Gold: Braxxi +20

Silver: crabby rat +15

Bronze: dragonpuck +9

Using Up Yarn

Muum Mom +1

Ellie 13 +1

cshort +2

PBLKNP +2

lhasaapsolady +2

FrLopLady +2

crsheridan +3

Angel Fairy +3

skoggy +4

greyhoundgrandma +4

prettywoman 30981 +4

Crocheting but no yarn to count

saffron angel 0

pineknott 0

tnkycrochetnut 0

BigPinkPolkaDot 0

kraftynkrazy 0

unicorn37757 0

Having Fun Stashbuilding

mva5493 -26

SHOOT THE MOON

Shining Star -55

Shining Star you will post the scores next week. Have a good week everyone.

Great scores, but My score is not posted

I know it's not a very large font, it is the largest I was allowed.

Archived