2013 Stashbusting CAL

tnkycrochetnut

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't get a lot done this week I did manage 2 ruffle scarfs and another skein on DH's afghan.  It's is becoming a serious yarn pig.  I  also purchased a few this week for another afghan I am planning to make.  

7 skeins purchases  -14

3 skeins used +6

so total is 

WTD: -8

I have been working on a baby blanket in two colors, blue and white and both are Lion brand Pound of love so haven and on

granny squares but I didn't use enough to finish a skein so my score for this week is 0

WTD= 0

This was a week for dishcloths.  Finished another one and used the extra for a cute ornament.

WTD +8  YTD -27

I am so excited to be under -30.  My goal is to make it back to 0, but it's been hard to get across that -30.  This week even with being gifted yarn I still managed to get there!!!

Hi, Ladies, from off the edge of the earth.

I've read the first post from the moderator but am still not clear on the Stashbusting CAL.

1) I understand the Stashbusting part--we use as much yarn as possible to get it out of the overburdened (definitely overburdened in my case!) stash.

2) But what is the CAL part about? Are we also working on a group project(s)? Has a group afghan been sent to the ill moderator CLLinda? Are other CALs being offered for us to participate in? If so, where can I find more about them? If not, why is this called a "Stashbusting CAL" rather than simply a Stashbust or Stash-Out?

I went Cold Sheep (a Ravelry term) unofficially for 2013 and have purchased yarn only at Stitches West and then, only two or three smallish skeins. Absolutely restrained, if any of you have ever been to a big yarn show or warehouse....

But please improve my understanding of the Stashbusting CAL. I've been away and out of things for quite a while; it's been a weird, wild, and sometimes overwhelming journey since I was last here in (maybe?) January 2012.

DogCatMom (current count is 2 dogs, 3 cats, but only 1 of the dogs and 2 of the cats were with me in Jan 2012; a different 2nd dog was here...)

I used up one skein +2 then I bought 2 more. -4 So far I am at -2 for the week. Getting some things crocheted so I am hoping to at least have used up 1 more by Saturday.

Just used up a skein working on a baby blanket...just in time to report it :)

WTD: 0 YTD: 154

I got some hooky time in this week!!  Only enough to count +1, but I have a feeling next week will be better!!  LOL

WTD +1 / YTD +11 week ending 4/06/2013

CAL because we are all doing it together I guess..and it had to have a place on the forum lol. So CAL it is

I've read the first post from the moderator but am still not clear on the Stashbusting CAL.

1) I understand the Stashbusting part--we use as much yarn as possible to get it out of the overburdened (definitely overburdened in my case!) stash.

2) But what is the CAL part about? Are we also working on a group project(s)? Has a group afghan been sent to the ill moderator CLLinda? Are other CALs being offered for us to participate in? If so, where can I find more about them? If not, why is this called a "Stashbusting CAL" rather than simply a Stashbust or Stash-Out?

I went Cold Sheep (a Ravelry term) unofficially for 2013 and have purchased yarn only at Stitches West and then, only two or three smallish skeins. Absolutely restrained, if any of you have ever been to a big yarn show or warehouse....

But please improve my understanding of the Stashbusting CAL. I've been away and out of things for quite a while; it's been a weird, wild, and sometimes overwhelming journey since I was last here in (maybe?) January 2012.

DogCatMom (current count is 2 dogs, 3 cats, but only 1 of the dogs and 2 of the cats were with me in Jan 2012; a different 2nd dog was here...)

Scores for W/E April 6:

Tie for Gold Medal: Bailey4 & Ihasaapsolady  +8

Silver Medal: Shining_Star +7

Bronze Medal: pineknott +6

Using up stash:

deanna6812  +5

greyhoundgrandma  +5

cshort  +4

Just-in  +3

Ellie 13  +2

crsheridan  +1

crabby rat  +1

Holding steady--0

AngelFairy

homesteadingwife

VikingRunnerGirl

prettywoman030981

jessicali

tnkycrochetnut

Addicted2patterns

FrLopLady

Stocking up:

mva5493  -8

krazycrocheter  -12

Shoot the Moon Winner: BigPinkPolkaDot  -18

My understanding is the CAL is more of a supportive concept that we support each other in our weekly push to reduce our stash.  There are several themed CAL's here.  I belong to another one here where we are all working on presents.  None of us are working on the same pattern, but we are supporting each other as we work towards making presents, mostly Christmas, for our family and friends.

cshort: I don't think l realistically can expect to get back to a positive YTD. This is my third year and each time once I've gotten into the negatives, it's been downhill from there!

I expect to get to a Hobby Lobby at the end of the week, so I'll probably be in the negative again this week.

Welcome to the group, Davina511.

Archived