2013 Stashbusting CAL

tnkycrochetnut

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got suckered in the yarn deals at Michaels, so I walked out with 8 skeins. -16. But I did just finish a skein so currently I am at -14. Going to spend a lot of time crocheting...what a pity ;)

So far this week I have managed to use up 2 skeins! Used up a cotton skein on little projects and a skein working on a project going since xmas which I now plan to have done for my wife's birthday in May. Lol

So I am -10. Not sure if I will be able to use up anymore but it will be fun to try!

-4 needed to skeins to finish a project.  I am almost finished with one ball of a different color and will have to roll one of these skeins to continue the part of this project I dropped when I ran out of yarn, so there is still a chance to make a dent if not erase this back step.  I am pleased that I'll be staying in the YTD negative teens this week.  I am so looking forward to making it to 0.

Finished off a random skein and it left me two rows short so I have to see if I can blend something in to make it look like a dirt road.  +1

Rolled one of my new skeins so I can work on the section I left off when I ran out of yarn.  +1

Just wanted to ask: when do you count the skein as rolled into a ball? I decided that if I use at least half of it and it doesn't stay in the band anymore (and I need to roll it into something else)  then I count it, but I'm curious what others do:)

Just wanted to ask: when do you count the skein as rolled into a ball? I decided that if I use at least half of it and it doesn't stay in the band anymore (and I need to roll it into something else)  then I count it, but I'm curious what others do:)

I don't count the skein until I am finished using it on a project. If it's a small enough amount left that I know it's going to get into a tangle if left in the band, then I roll it and count the point. If there's enough left to behave in the band, then I don't count it and leave it to be counted when I use it next and it gets to the above state.

Hope that makes sense. It's totally a personal preference how you do it. The only rule is not to count any skein as more than 2 point.

I don't count the skein until I am finished using it on a project. If it's a small enough amount left that I know it's going to get into a tangle if left in the band, then I roll it and count the point. If there's enough left to behave in the band, then I don't count it and leave it to be counted when I use it next and it gets to the above state.

Hope that makes sense. It's totally a personal preference how you do it. The only rule is not to count any skein as more than 2 point.

Thanks! I do exactly the same - if the skein still looks skein-y I don't count it at all. I was just wondering what others do. Maybe someone has some other interesting ideas that will work well, too.

It's a sad business, but more yarn just SHOWED UP for me at the LYS! :lol

I gained 6 skeins for the summer top I'm making, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD -12 YTD -12

:devil  :devil  :devil 

Archived