2013 Stashbusting CAL

tnkycrochetnut

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got most of a skein done tonight on the charity blanket, but the homespun wasn't working with me tonight, so I had to put it aside.  I found a great pattern for a scrap-ghan, so I started that instead.  Got through one ball, so +1 for the day, bringing me to +5 for the week.

I am working on a large thread ball for an 18" doll so I don't see any more stash busting  happening today.  I am going out to a Easter event with the dogs later so even the ami's I'm planning on using to give my hands a break won't likely get much work done today.  So I am posting my scores now so I don't forget.

WTD +5  YTD -45

I started another afghan last night. This one is 6 strips, 6" X 36", sewn side by side. It's not listed as M-A-M, but it works up like one. 1 small ball used (+1). A friend took 2 skeins off my hands (+ 4) :cheer . I sent 3 scarves off to Beth's Hats For Hope (charity section). I'm going to sort out a bag of "rainbow spaghetti" (tangled balls). I'll see what I can use/donte next week.

WTD: + 5  YTD: + 46

Ellie 13

Well, I behaved myself this week, but didn't use up any yarn, so my score is zero.  HOWEVER, next week, I'm due to get some yarn in that my LYS special-ordered, so that I can make a spring top... :reyes

But that will be next week...for this week:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +0 YTD +0

Have been working on more scrap pet blankets and have complted 6 more knitted squares, rolled a few into smaller balls.

This weeks total is

WTD = +16      YTD = +78

My thrifty store shopping yesterday kind of blew my score again.  I was trying to be strong and not buy any yarn, but then I found a bag full of cotton yarn balls  -- 18 of them -- in such pretty colors!  I knew I just had to have them to make washcloths! 

For week ending March 23, 2013:

WTD:  -18 /  YTD:  -22

Added a strip of mid blue and a strip of burgundy on Dh's afghan, so that is 2 skeins used up.  And made 1 ruffled scarf to use up another skein.  No purchases this we :) So that brings me to +6 for the week.

WTD: +6 YTD:-30

Well, I used up yarn/rolled to balls this week... but I also bought yarn this week. Managed to exactly cancel myself out!

+0 for the week.... Next week, Gadget, next week!

Just-in: that little snail is adorable! Especially in that green, and ESPECIALLY posed with that plant! What a great picture!

I used up 4 small balls and rolled a skein down.  The skein is almost... gone but not quite.  LOL

WTD +5 / YTD +10 week ending 3/23/2013

Haven't finished anything again this week, but didn't want you gals thinking I forgot.  I'm working on a thread runner with size 30 thread and a 13 hook.  Will hopefully have something next weekend.  WTD+0

Finished up another skein tonight, bringing me to +7.  I woke up this morning to an e-mail from Michaels and a 20% off all purchases coupon, so I really had to be disciplined not to go!

So, that means: WTD: +7 / YTD: +7 (week ending 23/03/2013)

Archived