2013 Stashbusting CAL

tnkycrochetnut

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hubby let me sleep late!

My score is WTD -8 and YTD -6

Off to do the scores!

I know I'm late with my tally this week.  It has been pretty busy around here.  Anyway!

WTD:  +5

I can count this is on next week's score.

Have a great day!  It's raining here, so hopefully I'll get some crochet time in later today!

Gold Medal:

krazy-kitty +16

Silver Medal:

Shining Star +9

Bronze Metal:

deanna6812 +7

Using up yarn:

mva5493 +6
Bailey4 +5
crabby rat +5
Ellie 13 +5
jessicali +5
prettywoman030981 +4
Just-in +1

Holding Steady:

crsheridan +0
lhasaapsolady +0
PBLKNP +0
saffronangel +0
tnkycrochetnut +0
VikingRunnerGirl +0

Playing with New Yarn:

cshort -1
Addicted2patterns -2

pineknott -2
Greyhoundgrandma -6
Braxxi -8

Shoot the Moon:

BigPinkPolkaDot -18

I had a feeling those cotton balls would blast me off into space!  I'll post scores next Sunday at some point, probably after church services and some Easter activities.  Can you believe Easter is so early this year? And we're supposed to get a blizzard tomorrow! Blessings everyone!  Keep safe. Keep warm.  And lovingly cradle those hooks and yarns "cause the Easter Bunny's goin' to need a new sweater! :wbrr

Next Saturday March 30 will be the last Saturday of the month and we will need to post our YTD (Year To Date) scores as well as our WTD (Week To Date) scores.

I just want to let everyone know that for the next few weeks my WTD score will probably be 0.  I am having physical therapy on my right hand as my little finger tingles and is numb like it is asleep.  It has also affected the strength in this hand.  Since I am right-handed this has been very aggravating.  It has been determined that my ulnar nerve is inflamed because I hit my crazy bone real hard.  I have been told I can crochet but I have to limit the amount of time I crochet to short increments of time.  No more than 15 or 20 minutes at a time.  At least I can crochet some as I would have been very unhappy if I was told not to crochet at all.     

I'm surprised I was bronze this week - though skeins of homespun yarn work up pretty quickly once you get going. 

This is the scrap-ghan I've started (used 3 balls up already today).  I think it's going to be fun and colourful when it's done!  The colours look a little off because of my camera phone, but you get the point!

post-51425-0-60160700-1364154227_thumb.jpg

I'm surprised I was bronze this week - though skeins of homespun yarn work up pretty quickly once you get going. 

This is the scrap-ghan I've started (used 3 balls up already today).  I think it's going to be fun and colourful when it's done!  The colours look a little off because of my camera phone, but you get the point!

This is going to be really pretty!! I have been making balls like crazy lately & have also been putting one color over another - and will be doing a scrap-ghan at some point with said balls!! 

Next Saturday March 30 will be the last Saturday of the month and we will need to post our YTD (Year To Date) scores as well as our WTD (Week To Date) scores.

I just want to let everyone know that for the next few weeks my WTD score will probably be 0.  I am having physical therapy on my right hand as my little finger tingles and is numb like it is asleep.  It has also affected the strength in this hand.  Since I am right-handed this has been very aggravating.  It has been determined that my ulnar nerve is inflamed because I hit my crazy bone real hard.  I have been told I can crochet but I have to limit the amount of time I crochet to short increments of time.  No more than 15 or 20 minutes at a time.  At least I can crochet some as I would have been very unhappy if I was told not to crochet at all.     

Hey Kathy, do you need me to do the year to date scores as well?  I can, right after I do the others, if you want.  I'm sorry to hear about your hand.  That's so frustrating!  Hoping physical therapy aids your movement and helps to heal your ulnar nerve.

I hope your PT goes well and you're back to crocheting as much as you want soon!  I know how tough recovering from an injury can be, but PT makes such a difference.

I managed to get through 4 balls on the scrap-ghan today, so +4 for the week so far.

I had grand plans to sit and crochet all day yesterday. Yeah.... didn't happen. I tried to start a picture ghan and spent all my time graphing it out and picking colors. I started and decided it was too complex for now. Soo.... all I got accomplished yesterday was to finish a small skein of cotton on another washcloth. +2

What did you use to graph it? Just graph paper? I have a couple designs I've been tossing around in my head, but I'm not sure if graph paper is the way to go, since crochet stitches don't line up exactly, after all. I don't want the edges of my nice pictures to be all wonky because I didn't account for that! Or doesn't it matter?

I've made a good start on my score this week.... *drumroll*   (There should be a drumroll smiley. There should be music smileys, period! How do we not have any music smileys on a forum full of artists???)

Ten, count 'em, TEN skeins boxed up and given to my shipping manager at work to send out for me today! I'm already at +20 for the week! WOOOO! I'll NEVER buy that much yarn this week, not with how much I've been finding in assorted boxes around the house! Muwahahaha! I'll get into ytd positives yet!

Because this coming weekend will be Easter weekend and everyone will probably be busy with all things connected to Easter it might be a good idea to start posting our scores (both WTD and YTD) starting Friday evening.  Its BigPinkPolkaDot/Tammy turn to post the WTD scores and she has offered to post the YTD scores also since I am having some trouble with my right hand.  I did suggest to her if she wanted to wait until Sunday evening to post the scores that would be alright.

I didn't post my score last week though i was a big 0 anyway.  I cut my finger on my left hand, 4 stitches and it is right where the yarn goes over that finger..so hooking has been difficult.  

Kathy- I really hope your finger gets better soon. It is a big bummer when we can't crochet for extended periods of time. :hug

Mary- Ouch! I also hope your finger gets better soon. Even after the stitches come out I am sure it is going to feel funky. :hug

VikingRunner- I purchased some software from here that charts things out. It was interesting and I still haven't fully figured out the software, but I am working on it. Way to go on getting rid of some yarn!!! :clap

I want to join. I am going to have to figure out how much yarn I have used. I have already made finished 4 afghans and made 3 doll dresses. And a baby sweater. Since December 28th I have made 40 dishcloths.

I work at a hospital and I always have some kind of project with me. Where I go my yarn goes. I am heading to the hospital with my father this week and my large wheeled project bag will go with me. I will figure up my yarn tonight.

Brenda- you don't have to go back and count, just start counting now. None of us went back and counted what we had in our stash and those of us that joined after the first of the year just started counting the week that we signed up. Glad to have you join!

I could never start if I had to count all that I had.  You start at 0 and then work your first week's total into a YTD Total.    So for the first week if you finished +4 you'd have a WTD +4  YTD +4.  The next week your week to date score returns to 0 and at the end of the week you add your +/- scores to your YTD score.

+2 for a finished Skein

+1 for a finished ball

(You can also achieve these points for giving away yarn)

+1 for rolling a skein into a ball

You get negative points when you buy or are given yarn

-2 for each skein

-1 for each ball

I am glad I signed up this year because it really has made me attack my stash and think a bit more about how much I am buying.

Well, I thought I wasn't gong to use any more yarn since I have a Million and one ends to weave in, but I managed to use 2 balls on my spiral lapghan I keep in my car to work on while I wait on my kids after school and at their various practices. I just could not weave anymore ends!!!

Well, I thought I wasn't gong to use any more yarn since I have a Million and one ends to weave in, but I managed to use 2 balls on my spiral lapghan I keep in my car to work on while I wait on my kids after school and at their various practices. I just could not weave anymore ends!!!

I know that pain....I have a really bad habit of making multiple projects, but just not finishing them completely becuase I hate weaving ends right now.  I'm working on a scrap-ghan, and weaving as I go to avoid that problem!  I got through two more balls today!

That is great. how do you count scraps, or do you count them?

I use 'scrap-ghan' pretty loosely.  They're fairly substantial balls of yarn that have been rolled down from skeins from projects long finished.  Most of the balls are working into quite a few rows.  I'm counting them as +1 each, since they're all balls rolled down from skeins.  Hopefully that's correct!

Archived