2013 Stashbusting CAL

tnkycrochetnut

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Working on projects but haven't used anything up yet. Doesn't help that I am doing more than one at a time either. I think I will so some small projects with cotton and perhaps then I will have something to report. :lol

Finished off another skein on the afghan (you can see my progress on it at my blog, listed in my signature).  I'm at +6 for the week.

Very pretty! That pattern has been on my list for a while, but hasn't made it to the top.

Very pretty! That pattern has been on my list for a while, but hasn't made it to the top.

Thanks!  I feel like the colour combination is really spring-y for some reason, so it's making me happy!  The pattern is really great, and mindless (aside from counting to 10), which is just the way I like my crocheting!

I also managed to work through some of my stash the other day, and put together a donation bag.  I dropped that off today, and it was 5 skeins and 12 balls, so that's +22.  I did have to go to Michaels to buy two more skeins (-4) for the Jacob's Ladder afghan, since I did the math and realized that while I will have enough for the body of the blanket, there will be virtually none left for the border/fringe, so I had to pick up two more skeins.  I went in while the yarn was on sale and I had a 20% off entire purchase, so the damage wasn't too bad.  That puts me at +24 for the week.

Thanks!  I feel like the colour combination is really spring-y for some reason, so it's making me happy!  The pattern is really great, and mindless (aside from counting to 10), which is just the way I like my crocheting!

I also managed to work through some of my stash the other day, and put together a donation bag.  I dropped that off today, and it was 5 skeins and 12 balls, so that's +22.  I did have to go to Michaels to buy two more skeins (-4) for the Jacob's Ladder afghan, since I did the math and realized that while I will have enough for the body of the blanket, there will be virtually none left for the border/fringe, so I had to pick up two more skeins.  I went in while the yarn was on sale and I had a 20% off entire purchase, so the damage wasn't too bad.  That puts me at +24 for the week.

Your afghan is coming along great!  I've made a few of these - my sister-in-law told me the pattern... I love the final look!  I noticed on your blog you are thinking about experimenting with hdc and sc versions as well, and I'd be very interested in how those turn out!  I would suggest chaining fewer with the shorter stitches, as you won't need the loops to be quite as long if the stitches are shorter.  :)  Great job!!

Your afghan is coming along great!  I've made a few of these - my sister-in-law told me the pattern... I love the final look!  I noticed on your blog you are thinking about experimenting with hdc and sc versions as well, and I'd be very interested in how those turn out!  I would suggest chaining fewer with the shorter stitches, as you won't need the loops to be quite as long if the stitches are shorter.  :)  Great job!!

Thank you, so much!  I'm going to try to alter the pattern for a hdc next, I think.  I'm imagining I'll need between 6-8 chains between the hdc stitches, but I'll have to do some swatches before I start the afghan.  I have scoured the internet to see if anybody else has posted anything similar and having found a thing.  I'll definitely let you know how it goes, and post photos of progress!

I have been lurking a bit, but I've just plain not been on the 'ville as much.  I haven't gotten much hooking done and to much shopping :lol

I managed to visit Paradise Fibers in Spokane, WA this week...Oh boy was THAT a mistake..will have to try and get pictures of some of the yummy yarn I bought!  

yeah there went my score for this week

I have been doing crocheting this week.  Just not using up enough yarn to count.

Some time ago had a scarf just about done and even counted the yarn(half of one skein) I used to crochet it with as used; but finally decided I didn't like the scarf and frogged it.  Now I need to add that yarn back into my stash.  If my thinking is correct since I am adding the yarn back into my stash that would be a -1.  Since I done that this week that makes my score for the week ending 4/20/2013:

WTD: -1

If this is not right someone please tell me.  Some days my brain just does not work.

I've been working on the jungle mat free pattern from JoAnn's that someone posted the link for a while back.  Working on the mat I used up lots of yarn last week.  This week I've been making lots of animals and haven't used up much yarn, although they've all come from my stash.

I'm headed out tonight so I'll post now.

WTD +1  YTD -12

Well just when I thought I wouldn't have anything to report one of my packages of yarn (-6) I ordered came and managed to use up 1 skein. So this week I am reporting:

WTD: -4  YTD: - 168  for the week ending 4/20/13

Well, I finished up 2 balls of yarn this week, that was Monday.  After that the week turned and I just wasn't in the mood to crochet. 

So this week I'm at: 

WTD:  +2 

Archived