2013 Stashbusting CAL

tnkycrochetnut

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished a pinafore and rolled a skein into a ball....+1 beginning the week.

I finished a scarf that I've been working on at the office in odd moments and a skein. I was holding my breath that I wouldn't run out before the scarf was done!   +3

I went to my parents for Easter. Did some :crocheting on the bus/subway trip, no :yarn used though. Mom gave me 15 balls and 2 skeins (-19) :eek ! I'm going to gift it all to the local knitters (what mother doesn't know... :D). I'll drop it off tomorrow. I'll count it now, because I don't know if I'll get here again this week (+19) :cheer .

WTD: + 19  YTD: + 72

Ellie 13

I'm on a bit of a dishcloth making kick right now, and have so far gotten through two skeins of cotton, and a ball of cotton for a +5 start to the week.  I have yet to buy or receive any yarn since joining this CAL (which was the point!)  Seems to be working at keeping me accountable, which is awesome!

I finished a scarf that I've been working on at the office in odd moments and a skein. I was holding my breath that I wouldn't run out before the scarf was done!   +3

Bought a cone of white cotton today.....+1 now.

Teaching a friend to crochet making dishcloths so I finished a skein making a demonstration granny square dishcloth.  Used the end of that skein and another ball of cotton to make some Easter Eggs to put aside for next year's Easter box.

+3

I messed up my last post, I forgot how to add/subtract :blush (I knew + 19 was to good to be true). My total should have been 0. I used a ball and rolled a skein down, so now my total is + 2 :clap . I need to get more :yarn for the afghan, so I'll start next week as minus :(.

WTD: + 2   YTD: + 55

Ellie 13

Score for week ending 4/6/2013:

WTD: 0

I have had a couple of weeks physical therapy on my right hand.  It's in home PT and the therapist comes twice a week plus I do the exercises on the days PT does not come.  Next week will be my last week.  There has been improvement.  While my right little finger is still numb, it does not tingle as much as it use to.  Plus with the exercises I have been doing I am getting the strength back in this hand.  It did not affect my crocheting and I was told I could continue crocheting while I was doing therapy but I still took at least one week off from crocheting.  Now I am back crocheting but just have not used up enough yarn to count.  I am so happy to get strength back in this hand as I am right handed and it was very frustrating not to have full use of my hand.  Here's to  many many more happy days of :crocheting for everyone.  

Score for week ending 4/6/2013:

WTD: 0

I have had a couple of weeks physical therapy on my right hand.  It's in home PT and the therapist comes twice a week plus I do the exercises on the days PT does not come.  Next week will be my last week.  There has been improvement.  While my right little finger is still numb, it does not tingle as much as it use to.  Plus with the exercises I have been doing I am getting the strength back in this hand.  It did not affect my crocheting and I was told I could continue crocheting while I was doing therapy but I still took at least one week off from crocheting.  Now I am back crocheting but just have not used up enough yarn to count.  I am so happy to get strength back in this hand as I am right handed and it was very frustrating not to have full use of my hand.  Here's to  many many more happy days of :crocheting for everyone.  

So glad to hear that healing is coming to your hand little by little.  I know how frustrating that is, especially when your injury involves your dominant hand.  It's amazing how so many everyday tasks are affected, not just crocheting, but combing your hair, brushing your teeth, eating with utensils or writing.  We all will keep praying that you will continue to gain strength and feeling in your fingers.  You are courageous and strong, Kathy.  God bless you!

I think I did it again!  Pay week, after-Easter sales, and coupons have led me down the path to yarntopia.  A trip to WalMart to buy a replacement bulb for my lamp netted me three skeins of cotton to match those feisty little balls I got at the thrifty store a couple of weeks ago.  Then a trip to ACMoore to find the replacement bulb that WalMart had, but didn't fit and I returned, snagged me four skeins of Homespun and another two skeins of cotton.  So, I gained 9 skeins (-18), and no bulb.  What's a girl to do? :shrug   I better get busy, but in the daylight, 'cause mama got no lamp light!

For week ending April 6, 2013:

WTD:  -18   /  YTD:  -37

Seem to be on a dishcloth kick this week.  Used up another skein I got in the ami swap making a Christmas dishcloth.  +2  Not posting week end scores yet.  Still hoping to see if I can finish more.  I am excited that I finally got under -30 on my YTD totals. :lol

Archived