2013 Stashbusting CAL

tnkycrochetnut

Well I made a hat, and a amigurami fish and also working on a shoulder bag but didn't use up any yarn to be counted. I did buy some today though from Joanns, they had some sales going on that I took advantage of especially Bernat satin and Caron soft.

WTD: -14 YTD- 154   3/30/13

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dug out a skein of white to finish the tote. I'll have to buy another cone of white next trip to wal-mart. I used another small skein of the second color on it. Started working on a baby's first teddy bear, but it won't finish off any skeins.

I finished off blanket yesterday, so got a skein down to a ball.  I'll post photos when I'm finished weaving in all of the ends.  I'm happy to be done with the Homespun yarn - it makes my eyes cross a bit!  Also finished two balls on the scrap-ghan today, so I'm at +13 for the week.  I'm posting my scores now, since I probably won't get anything else done today and have plans in the evening.

WTD: +13     YTD: +20

I've worked on several different things today, but no yarn used up. The three skeins of Charisma I bought on ebay came today.

WTD -23 / YTD -81

Sadly, if I hadn't bought anything this week, I would have +19!

I have knitted a few more squares this week, have 83/90 made, so coming to the end of this big long term project.  I went to Hobby Craft to get some yarn for my new long tern project, Iam going to make a blanket for my bed using the african flower hexagan pattern, I started to make a load of them and change my mind on the colour sequence and frogged them all giving me 22 partial balls, used up 3 knitting squares, and another 8 partial balls on the new blanket(+33).  I bought 5 balls each of orange and pink and 4 balls of black (-28).

Giving me a total of:-

WTD = +5        YTD = +67

WTD: +4  YTD: -1

Sorry for posting so late - I knew I would use up the rest of this skein on this afghan I needed to finish so I had to wait to post lol. 

post-46820-0-11765800-1364694294_thumb.jpg

YTD for March '13 is -1.

My combined score for the last 3 (including this week) weeks is +5

My score for the YTD for March is +62

WTD+5  and the YTD +62   I meant to put. YTD+71

A bit late tonight...grocery shopping took longer than I had planned.  I finished the cowl I was working on, that used up two small skeins. (+4), made one ruffle scarf (+2),  finished stitching one ball.on DH's afghan (+1). I bought 3 more skeins burgundy for Dh's afghan,(-6)  bought 3 more skeins of bambool (-6)(same yarn I used for the cowl in a different color, loved the way it felt working with it and in the finished product), and found 2 smaill skeins of yarn at big lots, (-4) Then there was the pounder for $3.89 that I just couldn't leave behind (-2) also ordered 3 skeins to add to my octagon and squares throw but since it's not here yet I will count it next week.  So the damage is.......

wtd: 8 skeins purchased  -18

3 skeins + one ball used +7

Total WTD: -11                  YTD: -41

I didn't have much hooky time this week; which is a good thing and a bad thing.  Good because I was busy getting things ready for a dinner with friends evening we had last night, and bad because - well - I didn't get much hooky time.  :lol  I did start a magic ball afghan tonight (just a two-strand afghan, using up random balls and scraps) but didn't get through enough to count yet... so...

WTD 0 / YTD +10 week ending 3/30/2013

Happy Easter everyone!!  :ghug

For week ending March 30, 2013:

WTD:  +3  /  YTD:  -19

Worked two skeins into balls and used a ball.

I'm going to post the week-to-date and year-to-date scores within the next hour.  If you still need to post, you can have a chance to do it.

If you are celebrating Easter, I hope you are enjoying your day.  We just finished eating and I put the leftovers away.  I put the dirty dishes in the sink and I thought I would let them play together until I can load up the dishwasher after scorekeeping.

Weekly Stashbusting Scores for March 30, 2013

Smokin' Hooks!

Gold Medal

VikingRunnerGirl +20

Silver Medal:

cshort   +17

Bronze Metal:

homesteadingwife  +14

The Yarn's a Movin'!

deanna6812  +13

Bailey4  +10

Ellie 13  +7