2013 Stashbusting CAL

tnkycrochetnut

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm working primarily on a big ball of thread this week for a doll dress.  I am hitting a yarn store tonight so I'll have to be careful to stay in the + side.  I have been making progress on making skeins into balls and then shrinking the balls as I use them for ami's.  I may take a break with the thread and start on one tomorrow.

I use 'scrap-ghan' pretty loosely.  They're fairly substantial balls of yarn that have been rolled down from skeins from projects long finished.  Most of the balls are working into quite a few rows.  I'm counting them as +1 each, since they're all balls rolled down from skeins.  Hopefully that's correct!

Yep, a ball is counted no matter if it's half a skein or teeny.

I finished a skein today on some squares I'm making for a 'scrap-ghan'. I have one more skein of this dark brown/chocolate color that was left over from a blanket I made for my mom.  I'll be glad when it's gone.  It's been lingering around my house for such a long time. Anywhoo - I'm at +2 for the week so far.

Just-in, Love your snail.

All who have hand/finger problems, get well soon :hug . I know what it's like to not be able to :crocheting (sprained wrist). I finished 1 strip for my afghan, no :yarn used though. Finished sorting a bag of tangled balls. I threw out some that couldn't be saved. I counted the colors to figure out how much, 8 balls (+8). A co-worker brought me some :yarn, a skein + 1 ball (-3). I surprised her with a scarf made from it. Used the ball and most of the skein (+2).

WTD: + 7  YTD: + 53

Ellie 13

I am still sitting on a big goose egg for this week - but I'm going to try to bust through some stash this weekend because if Little Girl isn't here by Monday 7AM - she's being evicted!! Almost done with an afghan - so since I'm the only one home right now I think I'm gonna shut the computer, relax & crochet a bit :)

Rolled a ball and finished another one while finishing an Easter Ami.  +2

Still working on a big ball of thread for an 18" doll dress so that isn't disappearing any time soon.  I think I may work on some more Easter projects.  It would be nice to have some put away.  I never seem to have enough time between Christmas and Easter to get them all done.  I love having a supply of Christmas stuff put away that I finished after Christmas last year.

Well, I am at work today so I won't get any more crocheting done. We are heading out of town as soon as I get out of work and I will be crocheting on the road, but I won't have access to a computer this weekend while we are out of town, so I am going to post my score for the week now and add anything I use this weekend to next weeks scores.

Score for week ending 3/30/13:

WTD: +7   YTD: -719

I know that after I get off the computer today, I want be on much if any this weekend.  So I figured I had better post my score today, rather than wait, just in case.  There is a chance I'll be on depending on the weather here in Kentucky.  Suppose to rain this weekend, if so that will pretty much cancel any Easter plans other than dinner. 

Last week I had +5 and for this week I rolled 7 balls and used up one skein.  So that is +9.  Together I had a total of +14.

WTD: +14 YTD:  +46

So that is my tally for this week. 

Have a great day and wonderful Easter!

Between not feeling well yesterday and the rainy weather today, I've been able to get in a lot of crochet time. So far I've been able to bring my -36 down to -19. I'm not sure what I feel like working on next.

gotta get some stitching done in the next 24 hours.  I found a caron pounder for $3.89 so I just couldn't leave it behind, that was yesterday.  Today I have been trying to find another skein of matching yarn to finish a cowl I am working on....didn't find a match, but did find three more skeins of the same yarn in a different color (elsebeth lavold bambool), so since I am enjoying working with it on the cowl I didn't want to pass it up.  Found 2 more small skeins of some pretty yarn at big lots that will probably make some cute baby items for a diaper cake I want to make for a baby shower in about 3 weeks.  And last I picked up 3 more skeins of ss burgundy for DH's afghan I am still working on.  So up to this point I have purchased 8 new skeins of yarn and am finishing up the second one I have worked up this week.  Time to put down the knitting needles and pick up the crochet hook.  I am much faster with a hook.

I bought three skeins of yarn yesterday at Hobby Lobby.  2 solid color cotton (small - and should get used up fairly quickly since I'm on a dishcloth making kick right now) and one Caron Simply Soft. So that puts me at -4 for the week so far.  I wonder if I could get back into the positive before tomorrow night.  Hmmmm.....

Was sick for a couple of days, and didn't get a huge amount of crocheting done.  I managed to finish off a ball, roll another skein down to a ball, and finish a complete skein, so I'm at +10 for the week at this point.

Archived