Do you do multiple projects at one time?

Do you work on multiple projects at the same time?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Do you work on multiple projects at the same time?

• Always, variety is the spice of life!
    • Never, I do one thing until I'm finished THEN start something new
    • Sometimes, depends on what I'm currently working on and why

I always have several projects in the making. Right now there are about 9 projects and I still keep the dishcloth basket alive to keep my stash supplied. That does not include my beading and painting projects! Have to keep busy ya' know :D

• 7 months later...

I do...all the time...and actually I do try to limit how many I do at a given time...it's almost impossible for me to just narrowly focus on one project from start to finish and not switch to something else...but I keep trying...

Before Christmas I had over 20, but I knocked out quite a few for Christmas gifts.

Currently, I've got 7afghans in progress, and 4 more that are hibernating.  I have 2 other wips, and 1 other that's currently hibernating.  I keep track of it all in a book.  3 of my afghans are getting close to being completed :)

I prefer to just have one crochet project and one sewing project going at a time but some how I have about 3 crochet projects and a couple of sewing projects going right now. And I don't feel like I'm making much progress on anything.

working on multiple projects....is there really any other way to work...LOL!

Seriously, though, Lately i've been actually working on one project at a time, which is not my norm.

We'll see how long this lasts.... :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I tend to have 1-4 shawls going in various stages due to working on that at work in small places in a van so I tend to work them so far (gets to big) then I start a new one and finish the others at home or in the office when I can...

I sometimes work on more than one project at a time. Occasionally I will get bored if I just do one at a time. I am working on Hats for the NICU also! Andd,, I am doing baby security blankets, and a stuffed owl. I usually just switch back and forth.

I'm always working on multiple items. Some of my items are more portable than others, which really helps too. Right now, I believe I've got 3 solid different projects going on at the same time. I'm making a present for someone, working on one of my ministry items, and I just started an afghan today for a friend. I can easily pick up an ami in the evening if I need something different too. I have a stack of hats that I need to deliver to the NICU, so when that time comes - I'll probably make a few more before I end up actually delivering them... I'll just make them the day before or the day of when I can schedule time to get across town on the bus.

Being on this site gives me like a million more ideas to try too!

At the moment, my WIP stack includes one car afghan, an African Flower soccer ball, a super secret project, 3 afghans done for no reason other than I want to (though one of those is only missing the elaborate border I had planned; it could count as "finished" in its current state), one afghan gift for some friends, a gauge square for charted designing, and two amis. I believe that's all the crochet WsIP. After that we move to knitting, quilting, sewn clothes, painting, jewelry...

Yesterday I was working on five, yep, five, booties at once - does that count as "multiples"??

I'm making them for twins, maybe it would help if I followed a pattern exactly the way it says, but I started to improvise on the first ones i made and now I'm trying to get two pair that look alike and are the same size. I'm having an awful time getting these last 3 to look exactly like those first two I made.

It seems that eventually something should match up, in the meantime, I stuffed them all in a bag for another day.

Maybe I need to get rid of the first two and try to make 'em match up with the last three instead.... egads!

I always have multiple projects going. Lets see, right now....just finished testing a couple patterns for dish cloths, will start a test for a hat, 2 baby blankets going, a baby hat, booties, chemo cap, floppy bunny, oh yea and a floppy bunny hat. :juggle  Whenever my husband and I go away for the weekend, my project bag is bigger then my suitcase. Wow, now I'm embarrassed... :2blush

I'm sitting in my living room right now, and in my line of sight, I have 5 WIP's. I'm like this with reading books, too...never can seem to just stick to one thing at a time!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I usually have several lapghans in progress. I try to have them with different colors so when I'm tired of looking at once color group I can switch off to another. Right now I only have two started, but I've been away from crocheting for a while.

Now that's I'm back on track, it will soon it will be more, I'm quite sure. I dislike doing things with motifs because sewing them together is Not Fun, but they are so easy to handle at work that I plan to keep a project or two like that started as well as the one piece ones that are easiest to do at home.

Always! As many others have mentioned, some projects just get too big or too complicated to carry with me, so I have everything from baby hats and blankets to prayer shawls, to cotton dishcloths, etc, all going at once. If I find that I need one thing more, I'll concentrate on that one. It's never boring, for sure!

Most people have multiple projects but I am one of they weirdos that doesn't like to do that. Only time I do that is when I have to get more yarn or I have to make something fast for someone and need to stop a current project to get another one done in time. I do have a knit dishcloth always partially done to take with me if I need an on the go project but that doesn't count does it lol

I usually have at least 2 projects going.  I usually have a knitting project and a crochet one going.  Also, I have different projects, depending on difficulty.  For the mornings, I tend to work on projects that are more complicated, because there are less distractions.  I tend to have an easier project for crafting in public.

:manyheart

• 3 weeks later...

I'm waiting on wool to continue my Tunisian crochet adult jacket. the market man is away on holiday. so I've been doing other stuff. But I usually have only one thing going. I like to get it done and finished, so I can start on the next one. and I am always thinking of my next project while still doing the one I'm working on.

• 3 weeks later...

i recently went back into my ole habit of hopscotching from one project to another.. then i'll have a brainfart inbetween saying wtf did i do here.. then i go ohh ok now i see. then i say duh..

and laugh at myself because of it..

• 2 weeks later...

I usually have at least two projects going at once, often more. But there are times when I will focus on just one project. Usually that's when it is something that will be a gift and I want to be sure that it is completed in time, but other times it's just something for myself that I really want to complete so I will put all my energy into that one project. 

I do...all the time...and actually I do try to limit how many I do at a given time...it's almost impossible for me to just narrowly focus on one project from start to finish and not switch to something else...but I keep trying...

Your just like me! I have to have a very hard time most of time limiting how many projects I have going at once.

Before Christmas I had over 20, but I knocked out quite a few for Christmas gifts.

Currently, I've got 7afghans in progress, and 4 more that are hibernating.  I have 2 other wips, and 1 other that's currently hibernating.  I keep track of it all in a book.  3 of my afghans are getting close to being completed :)

The projects that I am currently making I'll be very lucky if anyone gets their at Christmas.

I tell my husband that I have a bit of Crochet ADD! I can't work on one project for long until it's complete. ALWAYS have more than 1 thing going at once!!

I always tell my husband that a crafters minds works like this: "We have to know that if we get tried of a project that we are working we know that we have others that we can go, end of story!"

working on multiple projects....is there really any other way to work...LOL!

Seriously, though, Lately i've been actually working on one project at a time, which is not my norm.

We'll see how long this lasts.... :)

I use to have about 6, but right now I just have 2. My husband knows that I want to make items for his side of the family & he is doing his best not to let me.

I'm sitting in my living room right now, and in my line of sight, I have 5 WIP's. I'm like this with reading books, too...never can seem to just stick to one thing at a time!

That I know right now I only have about 2 crochet projects going but I have planned for addition ones as soon as the ones for my family are done.