Do you do multiple projects at one time?

Do you work on multiple projects at the same time?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Do you work on multiple projects at the same time?

• Always, variety is the spice of life!
    • Never, I do one thing until I'm finished THEN start something new
    • Sometimes, depends on what I'm currently working on and why

So happy to see I'm not the only "scatter brain" :D

I'm sort of working on 2 throws, an afghan, and SOMETHING with plarn (I keep restarting lol)

Oh yes... there's also my finger crochet whatever it's going to be (probably another throw.  I just don't have the patience for afghans)

For my "sort of working on" projects... I run out of color.  I'm on an extremely limited budget and because I can't read patterns, I have no idea how many skeins to buy.  And then the color disappears with the season  :bang

I usually buy my yarn at my local Walmart.  The crafting store is an hours drive away, so I can't go there often.  And not even they have the color I'm searching for most desperately- "Desert Camo"

It's most annoying lol.

But it is what it is and I always have *something* to do :juggle

• 2 months later...

I used to have a terrible habit of starting projects and not finishing them, so I made myself finish all the loose ends and then pace myself to do just one thing at a time - until I started designing! Now I often have 3 or 4 projects going at once, and I get them finished, too! Maybe 2 different designs for different deadlines, one separate idea I want to make into a model, and one for a gift. And always more lined up like dominos to take the place of one I've finished!

Always have plenty on the go.

My problem is, even when the crocheting is done, I tend to put stuff away to "finish" later.

As a consequence I might for instance get out a beanie to wear, and there are threads hanging from it, or no pom pom yet attached.

I'm sure you get the idea!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

As of right now, I have at the least 4 crochet WIPS, and 3 knitting WIPs going.

I also always generally have a "purse project" going too. I actually carry a backpack style bag everytime I go out, instead of a purse, and I try to make sure I have a small portable crochet project in it at times :hook

• 1 year later...

At least two at a time. I always work on one that requires a lot of attention (like reading a complicated pattern), usually an amigurumi, and another one that I can just pick up at any time and bring with me to places. Another reason for doing it is that I have a mild carpal tunnel and other hand problems and changing the type of crochetting helps. My amigurumis are usually tighter and with a smaller hook than the other projects, which are usually cowls, capes and infinity scarves.

I always have many projects going at once.

At any given time I work on at least 1 large project like an afghan or blanket. Right now it's 3 - 1 in wide stripes, 1 zigzag, and 1 in small granny squares.

Also at least 1 medium project, usually a shawl. Right now it's 3 - 1 in shells, 1 in stripes, 1 in grannies.

Small and small to medium items abound. I am always making slippers, hats and scarves. I absolutely love making bath cloths, using dishcloth patterns. They are my go to project that I never get tired of making.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Like many who've posted here, I also usually have several projects at once. I get bored sometimes or easily distracted. But I always try to eventually finish projects. The eventually could be a few weeks or few months hahaha!

Just counted, I currently have 5 projects I'm "working" on.

Edited by Northstar
typo
  • Like 1